Who here lifts weights?

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i didnt read all of your post, please use paragraphs next time :p

anyway i saw 4-5 small meals/day.. eek! thats how people trying to lose fat would eat. I usually eat 5-6 full meals and 2 snacks for 275-325g protein and a boatload of calories. eat cake, pie, mcd's whatever in moderation. don't worry about the details yet you're not big enough. just eat man, whenever you physically can within reason. some days id eat every 1.5 hours! and yes, you will gain fat, there is no way around it.

i hover around 170 from 140, though now im more focused on quality food and the mirror, not the scale. since i started sleeping more (8.5-10hrs instead of 7) and obviously eating less, i dont gain weight as quickly but my msucles recover faster and are noticably bigger in the mirror. my strength has gone up considerably.

im far from an expert, but i can give you my routine and general advice for what worked for me. its late where i am, pm me or post here and ill get back to you tomorrow if youre interseted. note that any beginning routine nvolves a lot of trial and error at first no matter how well prepared you are, you cant get discouraged too fast.

firsts things first - get your butt in the kitchen... and forget about your damn biceps! my routine involves no direct arm work.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Unregistered said:
2 times a day, 7 days a week. Upper body only, big legs slow an athlete down and just look wierd. Plus big legs make your arms and legs look smaller in comparison. just focus on the important muscles - PECS and GUNS. high reps, get that pump. the muscle fills with blood which makes it bigger.

Here's my workout. Workout 1 is in the morning, workout 2 in the evening. Use machines as much as possible cuz they're just better and u dont have 2 worry bout form.

WORKOUT 1 - GUNS
skull crushers (5x25)
standing bicep curl (5x25)
sitting bicep curl (5x25)
crouched bicep curl (5x15)
hammer curl (3x40)
wrist curl (3x25)

my arms are huge after this workout

noon - tanning, shaving, waxing, hair frosting, etc.

WORKOUT 2 - PECS
bench press (5x25)
flyes (5x50)
cable crossovers (5x40)
incline bench (5x20)
decline bench (5x20)

pecs are huge after this workout. chicks love them.

I do abs in the morning. remember dont eat too much, or your abs won't be visible.

goal is too look like Brad Pitt in fight club. no one will miess with you because he beat so much azz.

Hahaha this made me laugh. Good for you, keep up the hard work. :cool:

What exactly is hair frosting?

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
donjuanjovi said:
Hahaha this made me laugh. Good for you, keep up the hard work. :cool:

The advice above to not work on legs is completely retarded. Legs release the most growth hormones in your entire body and are the leading factor to growth everywhere else. If you slack legs, you lose out BIGTIME

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm said:
The advice above to not work on legs is completely retarded. Legs release the most growth hormones in your entire body and are the leading factor to growth everywhere else. If you slack legs, you lose out BIGTIME

I totally agree. But it's his routine and he has every right not to train his legs.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm said:
naw b leg work just makes you woddle and get hairy. pecs n guns = pvssy. id also include some machine shrugs and tricep kickbacks but thats me

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-heads lewis said:
naw b leg work just makes you woddle and get hairy. pecs n guns = pvssy. id also include some machine shrugs and tricep kickbacks but thats me
I hope youre joking because otherwise youre arms and legs are missing out by you not doing legs. Dont spread bad advice here .

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/gunito/

Jea...i just started doing squats and have gained about 10-15lbs in the past month. I fvcked up my chest trying to bench but im still going strong. Soon ill be floating around 200-205. Right now im sitting at 180...soon...soon.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm said:
I hope youre joking because otherwise youre arms and legs are missing out by you not doing legs. Dont spread bad advice here .

If you had read his previous post you would know that he is being sarcastic.

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-heads lewis, yes, I'm interested in your routine. So, if you could explain it, that would be good.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEs said:
If you had read his previous post you would know that he is being sarcastic.
:yes:

ryan, heres the gist of it:

week 1:

3x5 Deads
3x5 dumbbell shoulder press
3x5 pullups

3x5 incline bench
3x5 squats
3x5 flat bench/dips

3x5 Deads
3x5 pullups
3x5 dumbbell shoulders

Week 2:

3x5 flat bench/dips
3x5 squats
3x5 incline bench

3x5 Deads
3x5 dumbbell shoulder press
3x5 pullups

3x5 incline bench
3x5 squats
3x5 flat bench/dips

few points:

1) this is built on common sense, the numbers are not scientific by any stretch. what worked for me was altering which exercise received priority, rather than doing one always first and the other always second. the only exception is deadlifts - always do these first. squats normally get top priority in any workout, i do them second only to give my chest muscles a break between exercises.

every body adapts differently. the suggested routine from rippetoe (much smarter than me in this game) is 3x5 at the same weight, though i didnt always follow it. If I felt sufficinetly worked, id sometimes stop after 2 sets knowing id be doing it again in 4/5 days, especially with squats or deads. when i felt progress slowing, id vary the rep scheme, what got me past early plateaus was instead doing 1-3 reps and increasing the weight each time.

try and see for yourself. dont go nuts with it and switch it up every time based on a random lottery draw, but be mindful of your progress. as a beginner, pretty much anything you do will foster growth.

2) when something plateaus, switch it up with something that works the muscle similarly. for example, i plateaued with barbell military press, switched to db shoulders and focused on inclines for a month, when I came back to barbell it had increased +15lbs on its own and started progressing easily.

- for pullups, switch it with chins or rows as it stalls
- for chest, switch between dbs and barbells as they stall. also, if 1 of the 3 chest exercises in rotation starts slowing while other 2 are progressing, then stick to those two for a while, when they start slowing, go back and you may find the first one improved or at least ready to progress again
- when squats stall, see my thread 'squats plateauing incredibly quickly' and follow the advice
- i havent ran into serious deadlift plateaus, so i cant offer any help there. try and vary the reps, use higher weight for lower reps then try and add 1 or 2 reps to that 2-rep max every workout, see how it goes.

3) with pulls and dips, add weight as soon as possible, i usually stay in 4-7 range on these. sometimes that means 3-4 reps with weights attached then a few bodyweight immidiately afterward. i dont know if thats the best idea but it worked for me.

4) i dont include any core work as of now mostly because im lazy. i put in a few years of intense abs/lower back work and have been able to get away with avoiding it, but if you havent, add in weighted hyperextensions and situps. look to another thread for details on how to integrate it like 'idiots guide to growth' or the 5x5 link in mrruckus' workout log thread.

5) i often add a finisher set of squats to deadlift days if recovery has been good from the previous suqat session. this is usually one 20-rep squat set or a set of high-rep pause squats. both of these have helped.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: this is not a traditional 'once a week, feel the burn' routine, and is very taxing on the body. if you dont eat enough and dont rest enough, you will almost certainly overtrain. look into other people's thread on calolries and protein count, make sure you are eating enough. how much you actually have to eat is often shocking and discouraging at first, but once you get used to it its manageable.

there are mnay threads in this forum dedicated ot nutrition. read warboss alex's idiot's guide.

take the time to learn techniques on your own, exrx.net is a great site.

read threads by warboss alex, a-unit, effort, throttle and others, theyve been doing this a lot longer than me and helped me tremendously.

you will undoubtedly run into more problems, pm me ill see if i can help.

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok thanks for the help 6-heads, one thing I don't understand and hopefully you can explain it. Like on week 1 for example, you have deads, db shoulder press, pullups. Then incline bench, squats, flat bench/dips. Then deads, pullups, dumbell shoulders. Ok, is that all a one day workout, or are those 3 exercises a day, 3 days a week? Or is that 9 exercises in one day?

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
Unregistered said:
2 times a day, 7 days a week. Upper body only, big legs slow an athlete down and just look wierd. Plus big legs make your arms and legs look smaller in comparison. just focus on the important muscles - PECS and GUNS. high reps, get that pump. the muscle fills with blood which makes it bigger.

Here's my workout. Workout 1 is in the morning, workout 2 in the evening. Use machines as much as possible cuz they're just better and u dont have 2 worry bout form.

WORKOUT 1 - GUNS
skull crushers (5x25)
hammer curl (3x40)
wrist curl (3x25)

WORKOUT 2 - PECS
bench press (5x25)
flyes (5x50)
cable crossovers (5x40)
incline bench (5x20)
decline bench (5x20)

I do abs in the morning. remember dont eat too much, or your abs won't be visible.

goal is too look like Brad Pitt in fight club. no one will miess with you because he beat so much azz.

WTF?! that's the ****tiest routine ever! you'll never see growth if you work out like that!

everyone knows the best routine is abs, chest + biceps every day
also you won't see growth if you do less than 40 reps per set

good tip on not eating too much though ;) I'd suggest 6 meals a day, 5 protein shakes and green tea for the othe

also never work your legs 'cos that's wasting valuable protein

oh yeah don't forget, you need to take steroids, you can't look like brad pitt without steroidsss

you know this is all good advice 'cos I run a mile in 3 and a half minutes, bench 600lb and I have a 14" wang

okay guys this may be hilarious but on another forum I go on (http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/forums) every so often newbies come on and say it's the sh1t - they actually think that by working out like that and getting 3000 calories a day of pizza they're gonna grow :D

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unregistered said:

WORKOUT 1 - GUNS
skull crushers (5x25)
hammer curl (3x40)
wrist curl (3x25)

WORKOUT 2 - PECS
bench press (5x25)
flyes (5x50)
cable crossovers (5x40)
incline bench (5x20)
decline bench (5x20)

Awesome. Although you forgot to talk us through your posing routine, which is an integral part of any workout as serious as this.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ryan, its 3 exercises per day, 3 workouts per week.

monday, wednesday, friday, for example, monday and friday being the same thing.

and any man that can do all that in 1 workout session is a better man than i am

edit - and one more thing, feel free to rest between sets. i usually rest 1 min or less between warmups, and 3 min between work sets, especially the high rep ones.

Last edited:

Unregistered

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.brucepeters.com/Quick/image/frosted_hair2.jpg

Squats are the worst exercise you can do. You only have a certain amount of muscle in your body, and to reach an optimal level of strength, you have to devote all muscle production to guns and pecs.

It's common knowledge in the bodybuilding circles that Ronnie Coleman did squats before losing his Mr. Olympia title.

Let me repeat myself: legs are completely unneccesary. they're not functional at all.

A smart lifter would have his legs amputated. This would serve 3 purposes:

1. his upper-body workouts would automatically become full-body workouts
2. running speed would actually increase once the bicep reached its full potential. the athlete would be able to do a handstand and "run" using his hands and arm strength (faster than an conventional sprinter could run using his legs)
3. the lifter could ingest protein without worrying about his selfish legs using it for muscle growth.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squats are the worst exercise you can do.
Wrong. It's one of the best compound workouts you can do.

You only have a certain amount of muscle in your body, and to reach an optimal level of strength, you have to devote all muscle production to guns and pecs.

You must devote muscle production to guns and pecs on the days you do guns and pecs,YOU DON'T DO TWO MAJOR MUSCLE GROUPS IN THE SAME DAY FOR THAT REASON!

It's common knowledge in the bodybuilding circles that Ronnie Coleman did squats before losing his Mr. Olympia title.

Yeah so what,he could have just adjusted another thing or two in his lifestyle as well,HE DIDN'T LOSE BECAUSE HE SQUATS! You ever think that Jay Cutler is just that good?

Let me repeat myself: legs are completely unneccesary. they're not functional at all.

Ok well since you have a build up of testosorone in your testicles and the only way to release those is through squatting and leg presses that doesnt make sense. It helps your overall body to grow.

How long have you been working out?