Who are your role models?

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of person are you trying to be? Many different kind of Don Juans with totally different personalities can attract and seduce. I go for the "badass cool guy" kinda thing.

I know this may sound weird, but my idol is Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop (the anime)

That charcter perfectly epitomizes "cool."

Watch a few episodes and you'll see what I mean.

Who are your role models?

SomeRandomGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
This may sound gay,

but mine is Snake(Solid) from Metal Gear. I just seem to like his survivor personality.
(oh and im talking about snake from the original PS1 or from PS2(metal gear 2 or 3) not the gamecube one(twin snakes)(they made him seem like super man).

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If anyone's seen "The Pickup Artist"

That guy up untill he became all oneitis over that *****.

God that guy was my hero untill he did that :(

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh hell yes.

Zell from Final Fantasy XIII, he's just so fvcking hilariously cool.

AND

Joey.

Joey.

Joey.

How u doin? :D

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I admire Arnold Schwarzennegger because he accomplished every single thing he set out to do. Physically and mentally the guy has everything.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anime, movies, "Friends", and video games?

These guys are your role models.

We as a society are collectively f*cked.

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gRiM999
I know this may sound weird, but my idol is Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop (the anime)

That charcter perfectly epitomizes "cool."
Yeah Spike is on my top 10 cool people/characters list, DYK the character was influenced by Arsène Lupin III from the anime Lupin the 3rd.

The other anime character that also makes that list is Saitou Hajime from Ruroni Kenshin, followed by Alucard from Hellsing

Then Vincent (Tom Cruise) - Collateral, Dean Keaton(Gabriel Byrne) - The Usual Suspects,Corporal Mitchell (Ricci Harnett) - 28 days later

Humphrey Bogart, Richard Branson.

Yes I have made a list of these guys :cool:

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Anime, movies, "Friends", and video games?

These guys are your role models.

We as a society are collectively f*cked.
We're discussing visual role models, & the attitude of the people we think is cool, have you inspected all these guys before concluding upon society?

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SageOFAllenAge
We're discussing visual role models, & the attitude of the people we think is cool, have you inspected all these guys before concluding upon society?
If guys here are culling their role models from Final Fantasy, I think I can pretty well forecast the fall of Rome here without too damn much trouble.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Most of my role models are musicians. Pharell...Necro... a couple others.

pootwo

Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is hilairious!

Anyway, there's no-one i'm trying to emulate, or 'become'. But certain people or characters can infulence me or give me something to strive for / believe in.

Bruce Lee -
The sheer amount of things he achieved is incredible. He dedicated his life to something & fulfulled his passions & ideals. He stood for something, was not arrogent in anyway, developed interesting philospophies & worked & developed his own style of martial arts.
While i don't do martial arts, this idea can be applied to anything you do in life. A REAL inspiration.

Rocky -
Again, it's the story of someone who overcame the odds & achieved something in their life. I dare anyone to watch any Rocky movie & not feel like they can take the world on.

Dice Man -
This isn't really a person.. but it's a book. A semi-autobiagraphical story about a man who makes every desicion he makes via the roll of a dice. It's a huge inspiration as it breaks down the walls of 'reality' to show the predictible, conformist world we've created for ourselves. It's a book that challenges you to re-think your whole perspective on life & discover that life is meant to be fun & exciting & a real adventure.

Jimmy Page -
The guitarist from 'Led Zeppelin'. or should i say, THE guitarist. As a guitar player i'm often blown away by his playing. Everytime i put on my Led Zep live DVD, it just gives me incentive to play, & improve, etc. plus he ozes sex.

Bill Hicks -
Simply because he actually spoke sense in a media fed world of spin & bias maipulation. He spoke his mind & didn't care what anyone else thought. Plus he was RIGHT about everything.

Jim Morrison -
Lead singer of 'the doors'. If you ignore the alcoholism & wife beatings, he actually was a true inspitartion. he.. wait, i'm getting carried away.

In short, lot's of people / things infulence me in different ways. I can't possibly put everything. Theres no ONE person who i try to emulate. I believe that everyone is an individual & you should never activly try to be someone else.

and.. i'll shut up.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pootwo
Rocky -
Again, it's the story of someone who overcame the odds & achieved something in their life. I dare anyone to watch any Rocky movie & not feel like they can take the world on.
Totally agree! Pure determination, passion and the refusal to quit - the traits of all great men! (speaking of the original film, not the trashy sequels)

But my personal role model is Tony Buzan.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
van wilder comes off as ambiguously homo.

MyNameIsTaken

Don Juan
Reaction score
- Will Ferrell in "A Night at the Roxbury". A true ladies man! :cool:

- "Iron" Kim, creator of the Oom Yung Doe martial arts. This guy is amazing, he won the all-Asian martial arts tournament I think in the 70's or something, and he did some way supernatural-like physical feats. He was even selected to replace Bruce Lee in martial arts movies, but he turned that down because he wanted to spread his knowledge, and created Oom Yung Doe.

- Howie Day, a singer/songwriter. While not having the best music, he did create a way awesome song called "Collide". He started doing gigs when he was like 15-years old in the Maine coffeehouse scene, and funded his first album, "Australia", with his own money. He once even skipped school to tour ( http://www.mtv.com/news/yhif/howie_day/?_requestid=177201 ). Overall a pretty kick ass guy.

- A.F.I. (A Fire Inside), a hardcore punk band. I have no idea why I consider these dudes to be role models, their music sucks ass... But they did quit college because they got a cult like following. :D

- U2, rock band. These guys kick ass, seriously, they're the greatest rock band in the world. While not having the greatest music right now, they used to, my God they used to. Before 2001, they never had a less than kick ass album.

I know there are many more, but none can come to my mind right now.

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Phantasmal
DJ-wise, Van Wilder. He had the perfect attitude/charisma.

Julian
van wilder comes off as ambiguously homo

One mans hero is another mans homo :rolleyes: