White noise

Thatfeel21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So who here can't fall asleep without having some sort of noise in the background (tv, radio, fan/a.c.)??

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*Raises hand*

I typically leave my tv, fan or both on in order to get to sleep.

The fan serves the duel purpose of white noise and to not wake up hot or sweating.

Good for comfort all around basically.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I try not to sleep with my fan on. Fans, Airconditioners, running cars, the sound of wheels on the road while in a car, air planes, buzzing lights in drunk tanks etc etc. These things put me in to a virtual coma and I have EXTREME difficulty waking up. I literally have to force myself up for work if I leave my ceiling fan on. On my days off I definatly leave it on medium though! That kind of sleep is like drugs!

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
white noise is the best. humidifier for me. i cant stand silence.

but now that i think about it, i should down load some mp3s of whales, i bet that would work well also.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I don't have my fan on mosquitoes will eat me alive.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I'm ready to crash, I'll sleep over anything from dead silence to world War III... but the noise most likely to keep me awake is a ticking clock with hardly any sound around it: I'm accustomed to clocks that make light grinding noises.

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfrind has that problem, too. It will be in the dead of winter, blowing snow and ice and **** like crazy outside and she always has to leave the fan running at the foot of the bed all nite long so that she can sleep. The only problem is that it freezes the **** out of my feet, so I'm always having to get up and turn the damn thing off... then she wakes up and turns it back on again!:crazy:

I personally havn't ever had much of a problem falling asleep... :yawn:

Reaction score
I like falling to sleep to the sound of a ticking time bomb!! So I made a alarm clock contraption whereby It constantly ticks like a bomb and then when the alarm goes off - the sound of a bomb goes off!! Kaboom!!!!!

As you can imagine - I wake up with a bang and quite frantic, and I am too alarmed to hit the "snooze" button! As an "alarm" clock, it gets the job done and fulfills its' intended purpose!!

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've slept through alarm clocks. Really.

And sometimes woke up "recalling a dream" in which I turned off an alarm clock.

Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
I've slept through alarm clocks. Really.

And sometimes woke up "recalling a dream" in which I turned off an alarm clock.
I should start marketing and selling my "Kaboom" alarm clock! If you had the Kaboom alarm, you'll be looking for your gun instead of trying to hit the snooze button!

I used to have dreams that an alarm was going off in my dream so I thought it was part of my dream and not the real world!, so I never woke up! This is why I invented the ticking time bomb alarm clock!! Did I tell you it makes a "Kaboom" bomb alarm sound? You will be too scared to go back to sleep!!

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:crackup:

Yah, I could use ont of them ... probably in about 4 hours from now.

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i like leaving my computer running all the time, i like the sound of the computer fan, rather than a real one blowing air on me....probably not so good for my computer though:rolleyes: i have a clock in my room that ticks so annoying!

Jeremymichael

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a fan on, I like the fact it's my noise, and no external noises can inflitrate my room! (masks external noises)

TruthSeeker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the sound of the waves and birds chirping playing on my stereo. It helps me to sleep and at exactly 07h30, the sound of elephants stomping and running wild will wake me up. I need new sounds to wake me up.