Which text message to send

PeterCrouch

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl I work with, got her phone number Friday on her last day. She's off travelling for a month either tomorrow or Wednesday (I can't remember which) but I'm undecided what text to send her. No point calling and arranging a meet up just yet as like I said she's off tomorrow I think so just looking for something to keep her ticking over until she's back.

My two ideas are "I had THE dirtiest dream about you last night." Followed by building it up and the punch line being "You fell into a mud puddle...very dirty!"

or "Ok Ok, I've text you now...What are your final two wishes?"

Any thoughts? Any other ideas? Cheers

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't text her at all unless its small talk like once a week.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeterCrouch said:
Girl I work with, got her phone number Friday on her last day. She's off travelling for a month either tomorrow or Wednesday (I can't remember which) but I'm undecided what text to send her. No point calling and arranging a meet up just yet as like I said she's off tomorrow I think so just looking for something to keep her ticking over until she's back.

My two ideas are "I had THE dirtiest dream about you last night." Followed by building it up and the punch line being "You fell into a mud puddle...very dirty!"

Sounds like canned, prepackaged, PUA material.

If you NEED to text this girl (tip: you don't), at least do it in your own voice.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got no issue with texting as I've built real good rapport that way.

But I do agree with Iceberg that it sounds like canned material, and a little like you're trying too hard. Just be natural and friendly. It goes a long way.

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't overthink it, either man up and give her a call.

Or simply texting her saying hi and asking how she is doing.

From there escalate it into a meetup, definitely don't go the canned route.

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
at first i laughed when i read your texts and thought it was clever... btu then i realized it's just because im unfamiliar with the whole texting thing.

shizz is right... dont overthink, and just stay natural.

serDUDE

Don Juan
Reaction score
window said:
both are very lame...why text her ?
Agree !!!
Why text her when you can call build some rapport and end the call when she Is having most fun (at the peak)...just break It like you must do something not like "I notice you having fun so I will end this call because I am playing mind games with you or because It makes me Insecure when someone else than me Is having fun" ... :)

serDUDE

Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW. 2days ago I tested the rule that you should call after one to three days have passed, and It looks like It Is real ...Try not to call right away the next day live her one empty day and then call her just to talk

P

perseverance

I wouldn't bother texting her/ringing her! If she is off travelling for a month and she'll be back to work as per usual in a month's time, then I say just put her on the backburner and resume things when she returns.

You cannot meet up with her etc, because she is going away, just leave it until she gets back is my advice to you.

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellas one thing I want to point out is that as much as calling is better, and displays more confidence, builds rapport, etc., the probelm nowadays is a lot of women DON'T want to talk on the phone but rather text.

So texting is necessary sometimes these days.

One other thing, if this girl is going to be gone for a month I would just forget about her, cause I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but she will not be thinking about you during this time.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeterCrouch said:

Don't text her. She's leaving for a month... you aren't going to keep things "ticking," you're going to fall into the friendzone for seeming needy. Drop her a line when she gets back, instead.

Those two examples sound like some of the early "text game" models- lame canned material that comes off as try hard. A high value man with a lot of options keeps things short, sweet and to the point- he doesn't try to impress girls with cutesy lines.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
PeterCrouch said:

Don't say those two lines, they sound very desperate.

If you are going to text anything, you could say "Have a nice trip."