Where do you all work and how do you like it?

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got hired for seasonal work at a department store about a month ago, but last week I called in sick to make a school dance (they called back and sister told them I was working out! Came in and made excuses) and today I really am sick...called in and the guy I talked to (the only **** there) told me that due to my lack of attendance, I probably won't be kept on after seasonal help is no longer needed. SO I'm thinking of other places to apply if I do get fired - and I'd like to know what all of you think about it and where you've worked etc.

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had plenty of jobs by now. Right now I'm a Ramp Agent for Delta Airlines. I put bags in the bins of airplanes.

Do I like it? Not really. And yes. In some ways. I'm losing a good deal of weight, but not an unhealthy amount. I spend all day throwing heavy bags around. Its hard work though. And its outside, so sometimes you're freezing, sometimes you're sweating like you've never sweated before.

The pay is aweful, but the benefits are what really makes the job worth having. I can fly for free anywhere in the world Delta flies. And we are on 4 days, off three. So if I want to spend New Years in London, I can make that decision, get packed, and be on the plane all inside one hours time. That's the only real reason to have the job.

Ace of Spades

Don Juan
Reaction score
I work at Target, selling electronic merchandise.

I quite like the job, it gives me a lot of power and it makes me feel important (It's a total ego trip, so what).

The pay is so-so, benefits aren't anything special, but we get bonuses a lot, plus paid vacation 3 times a year (once every quarter).

Also, I get to work with and for people, which means that there's countless cute girls who walk into the store that I can mack.

All in all, it's a pretty decent job, beats the hell outta my previous ones.