When you're introduced by a friend..

tomsawyer9173

Reaction score
Happens all the time. Friend introduces you to his hot female friend/acquaintance. You awkwardly shake hands and feel like you're in khakis about to start biz meeting. A quote I read once has stuck with me: "A girl won't know in 5 seconds if she'll sleep with you, but she'll most definitely know in 5 seconds if she WON'T."

Any good ways to handle this sort of introduction by a friend?

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
When it comes to women, the less you care the better. There is really no getting around this rule.

The best way to "handle" all situations is to stop over-thinking, over-analyzing, or worrying about the outcome and just enjoy it. HAVE FUN.

If you are introduced to a hot woman.. flirt and play with her. If she isn't into you.. oh well. If you are awkward and sweaty then you are making a bigger deal out of the situation than it is.

Meeting a hot woman should not be a "big deal" to anyone who isn't a loser.

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If im introduced to a girl mates hot friend, I just give her light handshake, eye contact, smile and then go back to whatever it is I was doing.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When in a circle of friends you have to play things super safe. No overt signs of affection or attraction. If you get introduced to a cutie you have to totally ignore her until you see a good moment to chat her up safely. Then when everyone else is away funneling beers talk to her about her interests. Shes worried that by showing anything that can be interpreted as interest she will be labeled as a ho or is in danger of being played by you and embarassed in front of everyone. So you have to be the same way, like you are worried everyone will judge you for talking to this silly little girl.

TheMagician

Don Juan
Reaction score
tomsawyer9173 said:
Happens all the time. Friend introduces you to his hot female friend/acquaintance. You awkwardly shake hands and feel like you're in khakis about to start biz meeting. A quote I read once has stuck with me: "A girl won't know in 5 seconds if she'll sleep with you, but she'll most definitely know in 5 seconds if she WON'T."

Any good ways to handle this sort of introduction by a friend?

Don't act foolish and you'll be fine. The best impression you can ever get with a woman is an introduction. It's another form of social proof. You just reminded me of something by asking this.

I used to do and had a lot of success from getting people to introduce me to a woman I wanted to holler at. I would even get women I didn't know to introduce me to my target. Most of the time other women are happy to do an introduction if you talk to them for a second and can see you're palatable. I think this is one of the reasons why social circle game works for a lot of guys. Introductions go a long way, and make you look good and very sociable.

Having a smile and making eye contact is important too. Mostly smile though.

Also there is a lot of good advice about when to ignore a woman, but during an introduction it's not really appropriate. Manners are and it's bad etiquette to blow someone off that is being introduced to you. It's their moment, or yours if you're being introduced. Personally I never "neg" it's an over used miss understood process. Being an a-hole and being confident are two different things.

Good question!