When to walk out of a date?

Hyper2010

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just a quick question, where I am curious to see the opinions of others, and how you would have reacted with a girl on first date...

Basically, met this chick Hb 7 in the city last night for a first date, met her online and been chit chatting for about a month.

In a nutshell I felt she was extremely disrespect on the date, acted rude, got VERY angry about 10 minutes in, constantly criticised me etc....and after telling her I was leaving, left at around 1am. I suppose that I stayed so long, as I'd put the earlier behaviour down to nerves etc and hoped she would mellow after some ****tails.

My question, at what point would you others have left?

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hyper2010 said:
My question, at what point would you others have left?
I may "laugh off" a first sign of disrespect.....but if that pattern continues you simply stand up, put on your jacket and say "Ive got better things to do" and just bounce.....dont wait for a reaction.

Henuff

Don Juan
Reaction score
If it continued I just would have left. The first time she would insult/disrespect me I would laugh AT her and challenge her back. If it continues and say its just little jabs of poking fun at each other that may be fine. If it's extreme just say it was nice getting to know you and bounce.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you don't have to explain anything. Just pick up and leave. Simple. Show no emotion, and do it with a smile.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheException said:
I may "laugh off" a first sign of disrespect.....but if that pattern continues you simply stand up, put on your jacket and say "Ive got better things to do" and just bounce.....dont wait for a reaction.
Beautifully stated. I would leave the bill for her to pay on top of that.

Keeping the frame in a relationship comes down to fundamental psychology:

-Reward desirable behavior with desirable outcomes. Ex: give attention when she initiates sex.
-Punish bad behavior with undesirable outcomes. Ex: When she is being a brat, put her on check verbally.
-Withdraw desirable outcomes when she behaves undesirably. Ex: Withdraw all attention when is being a brat.
-Take away undesirable outcomes when she is behaving well. Ex: you don't ignore her when she is treating you well.

om1xr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever you see no point of staying. just say : " You know what? this is not working out. I have to go" or something like that. no big deal

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the more your date pisses you off, the more you hit on the waitress in front of her

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I've lost count of the number of times I've walked out in the middle of dates - once you've done it once (lo and behold the world doesn't end!) you'll have no hesitation doing it again:

-Girl was high (or just permanently drug-fvcked) and talking to herself in the middle of a stand up comedy show, loudly enough for everyone to hear I might add - patted her on the shoulder, said 'I'm leaving, don't follow me' and walked out. The blowback was limited to a couple of pissy text messages.

-Girl was a total klutz, attempted to put her helmet on backwards, and would have been a huge liability on the back of my bike - was reasonably civil with her, she still took it badly.

-Girl looked like a recovering cancer victim, didn't even recognise her (damn those wide angle travel pics). This was actually the first date I abandoned; I tried to be diplomatic, but she kept pressing and I called her out on her photos - she blew up, stormed out, and I was free to be on my way - win!

-The girl who told excruciatingly bad stories (which let's face it, is all of them). I would have bailed sooner, but my order was taking aaaaages to come back from the kitchen - fvckers. Very nice meeting you, oh look at the time, k thx bye.

-The second date (after I'd fvcked her on the first) when she tried to make me watch Fantasia with her on her cat hair infested couch when she should have been blowing me - You know what, this isn't working for me, I'm going to leave (urgh, I was still there fifteen minutes longer than I should have been).