When a girl tells you "you're cute" infront of her

verysuave

Banned
Reaction score
girl tells me again that "i'm cute" infront of her friend at work..

Now, this really got me confused. If she really liked me, she wouldn't do this infront of other people and just keep it between me and her right?

but anyway, this is how the converstation went

Chick: "hey, you're cute" (with her friend standing next to her)
me: "yeah, i know"
me: "you know whats funny....funny thing is that I get that a lot"
chick: "i get that a lot too"

bla bla bla...

So again, referring back to the topic, i need some of your opinions even from you trolls on this forum

verysuave

Banned
Reaction score
what im confused about is that whether she just teasing me, misleading me?

rrrrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She's misleading you. She is trying to lead you on so she can get your money.

Taboo

Reaction score
Dont think to far into it, girls say these kind of things all the time, it's meaningless.. a way of fliriting... i can't count the amount of guys I've called cute :whistle:

Cableguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Scrumtulescence said:
It's a subtle way of saying your face is attractive but she thinks you should do more deadlifts.
:crackup: Or any other mass building compound exercises.

Kings_royalty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Puppies are 'cute', friends that do nice things for her are 'cute', her friends little brother is 'cute', guys she wants to fvck are 'hot'. Keep yourself out of the cute category.

Saying that comment in front of her friend is her way of setting the frame for 'her' benefit; she's basically setting herself up as the lead.

I guarantee you that every guy she says that to usually bends over backwards trying to qualify himself to her. Don't be one of these guys.

My response would have gone like this...

Me: "don't let that out, I don't want stalkers surrounding my locker".
Me: what are you two girls up to, besides being up to no good.

That response evens the playing field back out and puts them on the spot.

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
ohhh the sosauve way of doing things - to overanalyze EVERYTHING

wtf???? ok she said ur cute, GREAT, ask her to hang out, get drunk with her, watch a movie, and fvck her........whats the problem buddy???

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kings_royalty said:
Puppies are 'cute', friends that do nice things for her are 'cute', her friends little brother is 'cute', guys she wants to fvck are 'hot'. Keep yourself out of the cute category.
Bullsh1t, and it gets annoying hearing this every time someone brings up the subject of being "cute". Cute has become a relatively universal and general term for being attractive, or just a way to express interest in someone. It doesn't necessarily imply being "really sexy" or hot, but they aren't mutually exclusive at all. And yes, I've heard girls call guys "cute" plenty of times who they later admit they find really hot or would want to f*ck, so keep your armchair sosuave analyses to yourself next time.

Most people don't come out and say "wow you're smokin' I wanna jump your bones" right off the bat in front of other people, anyway.

bballkilla

Don Juan
Reaction score
have you ever heard a girl call some random guy "hun" or "sweetie"? cute is like that. girls say that stuff all the time, they're just flirting with you, i cant believe you're reading into this so much. for them, all it means is they want to compliment somebody else to make them feel better about themselves for brightening your day. it in no way qualifies you to start trying to make out with them on the spot or something...

if a girl says your cute, just take it as a compliment to re-enforce your self-esteem. dont start following her around or trying to talk to her all the time because you think she likes you, because i've seen that happen before and the girl ended up hating the guy and actually making fun of him.

if you want to know if she likes you, go by what she does, not what she says.

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How bout... "thx... so's your friend"

lol... that would have pushed the right buttons.

(But ya, don't trip. Get it fiesty, step above her psychologically, then pwn the pvssy)

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
funny, this just happened to me tonight...but this girl is with someone. First she told me straight up to my face and I just kinda gave her a smirk. A little after dinner when her and her sister left, she texted me "you're cute (my name) :)"). I know we shouldnt dig into it so much, but is this a ISO?

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd def. consider that some interest.
W. some1, then texts you "your cute" later that same night.

Shiiii't

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
Kings_royalty said:

Saying that comment in front of her friend is her way of setting the frame for 'her' benefit; she's basically setting herself up as the lead.

I guarantee you that every guy she says that to usually bends over backwards trying to qualify himself to her. Don't be one of these guys.

My response would have gone like this...

Me: "don't let that out, I don't want stalkers surrounding my locker".
Me: what are you two girls up to, besides being up to no good.

That response evens the playing field back out and puts them on the spot.

Ok, if you not in high school and don't have a locker, what do you say then? :wave:

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
^ - stalkers at the bar.

Again, it's already been said multiple times, it's a form of flirting, and BY ITSELF SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS A IOI. BUTTTTT, when combined with OTHER TYPES OF IOIS, such as EC (checking out), a lot of 'secert' discussion between the girls, hitting you, trying to get closer to you, teasing you, then YES, THEN IT IS A INDICATOR OF INTEREST.

Simple enough? In one case, I'm called cute for the sheer hell of it, other times, inside her head, she wants to have sex with me. Take it as it is, and advance.

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what the problem is... guys in general are desperate for some pvss.

This is just... in general... not pointing any fingers here but...

Cute chick says to guy: you're cute
Guy: (wants her right there and then, interpreting her two-worded comment as a signal to fvck...)

Stop trying to fvck every single cute chick you meet if it's messing up your mindset.

Just relax.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OR

If you do want to do something with her, yet again, skip has it.