when a girl says shes too busy to do something

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can tell you what you want to hear, but then I would be lying to you.

Never in my life have I been too busy to call someone. Ever. I am a full time student, at one point I was working two jobs (65 hours a week) and I still called my boyfriend or figured out good times for him to call me. Even if it was just for ten minutes on my drive home, or during my break at work.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pinkfl said:
I can tell you what you want to hear, but then I would be lying to you.

Never in my life have I been too busy to call someone. Ever. I am a full time student, at one point I was working two jobs (65 hours a week) and I still called my boyfriend or figured out good times for him to call me. Even if it was just for ten minutes on my drive home, or during my break at work.
Exactly - judge by actions not words
"I really wanna talk but I'm so busy = will you take the hint and f u c k off already!"

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lamobatsman said:
wow reli good harry:) thats some good stuff:)

but we can never know if she did reli like me or not. I havent told u somthing cos i deliberately left i out but the week before she flew out to see me she was very angry at something stupid i did. BUt the issue was the 2 months before then. she was never reli interested.

I have a question for you harry- what bout a girl initally being hot and into you then being not so hot after a few weeks. what does that say? also if a girl books tickets to come see you with her mate curely she must like you a lot??
It says she lost interest, plain and simple. That happens sometmie - not every girl who initially liked you is going to continue liking you. It could be something you did, or she found someone else -doesn't matter, the point is she stopped feeling as strongly for you. You have to be able to recognize when this happens so u can move on vs. staying around and fooling yourself that she still likes u but is "confused." Women don't act confused or send mixed signals when they like you.

If she booked a ticket to see u by herself it means she either likes you, or just needs a free place to stay. If she booked a ticket with a mate, chances are she doesn't want to be alone with you and found someone to go so that wouldn't happen.

Listen to what we're telling you, maaan - she's no longer interested. Forget about what signals she showed u in the past when she was interested - if she's not still showing them, there's a reason for it..

DJDeMarco

Don Juan
Reaction score
Then it's usually an excuse not to see you because she won't tell you she doesn't want you. Find time for other girls then.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just repeat again and again: "Believe in actions, not words."
Sure, she told you she wants to talk to you but she doesn't actually do it. That's the clincher.
We've all been in your situation, OP and it really does hurt. But for your own sanity, you have to forget about her.
Unless she turns up on your doorstep, wearing lingerie and carrying a box of condoms, there's nothing to be gained from continuing trying to woo her. You will just go mad and get even more hurt in the long run.
I say this is unsalvageable. Grow some balls and take control of your life.
If she gets back in touch with you and asks why you've been so quiet, just tell her you've been busy, out with friends or, preferably, that you've been hanging out with this new girl you recently met.

lamobatsman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok i understand what everyone has said here. Il be perfectly honest with you guys. I kinda got a feeling the last month that something was up and that she wasnt interested. i wish i came here ages ago for your advice
Actually it all seemed weird after 2 weeks when we had decided to skype on a certain day at a certain time. She never turned up and i waited on my computer. The next day she said she was ill and went straight to sleep and i told her that she cud have at least told me cos i was up waiting and was worried about her.

Everyone was telling me to leave her ages ago and that she wasnt interested but everytime i called her on this she would say something to justify herself and i believed her.

I just want to be able to recognise the signs that a girl is not interested. I know Harry said that maybe she lost interest because something i did or she found someone else etc.

Harry- "If she booked a ticket to see u by herself it means she either likes you, or just needs a free place to stay. If she booked a ticket with a mate, chances are she doesn't want to be alone with you and found someone to go so that wouldn't happen."

this is what she said wehn i asked her about this when i first foundout that shes coming with her mate -"no look she's coming with me to london but she has got friends there and so we can make only something togheter we two. i told my girlfriend that i want to visit you and then she said that she wants to come with me to england but she said that we have time alone cause she visits friends in london too.

i asked her again and she said "ehm dont know why i come not alone, my friend ask my and then she said she want to come with me...but please dont think i dont like you or something. i think the first time is it maybe normal when you come with a friend and not alone..but the secound and the other times i will come alone"

EDIT: Also is it possible to believe that some girls are different and that she is very busy and not always replying straightaway. she said that she always checks ur watsapp but replies after. Maybe she is different and doesnt stay up at night tilllate to talk on teh phone. she always goes straight to sleep when she gets home. i know some girls i used to talk to on the fone wen they are in bed but maybe this one is different. Im trying to see if i played it rong