When a girl answers a phone around you?

pkrx209

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you guys do when a girl answers her phone around you and its her friend.. Obviously she isn't interested but if she actually was interested and pulled this move.. what do you do?

I feel so awkward sitting there while she is discussing her gossip with her friend for about 5 minutes so I just pull out my blackberry and pretend i'm doing something... Seriously what the hell?

How do you guys handle this situation?

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
5 minutes is hardly worth worrying about, surely you can occupy yourself for that time, have a smoke, poke her, stick your tongue in her other ear, do a nudie run past her etc.

Depending on my mood my personal rule is 10 to 15 minutes after that I walk. I havent had to exercise it yet though but the 2nd last chick I was with almost blew it that way.

pkrx209

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JC Jerkson
Don't be mean about it though. Just simply say that you forgot you have things to do and that you'll call her. Then leave.

JC
Question: she calls you later and asks you why you left? (even when you tell her you had stuff to do?)

Should I answer with somethin like: I don't have time for you to sit on your phone while we could be hanging out? Or some bull**** like that?

KS123

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dementia
No. What business is it of hers? You just say you had stuff to do and she wasnt respecting your time by talking on the fone and leaving you there without telling you whats up.

She might b*tch about it "only being 5 minutes".. So yea the 10-15 min rule sounds good. But depends where you are.

If you just walk out you come accross as a weirdo. So just say youre leaving. If she doesnt care, thats a sure sign she really DOESNT CARE.
That sounds about right, and I liked "
( . )( . )"'s suggestions too.

Qmanchoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
pkrx20... 99% of what these guys are suggesting here comes from the perspective of..."I value my time, have standards, and I don't tolerate disrespect" and it's a very REAL perspective, it's not a technique or something it's a principle belief

It sounds like you have this, but you're not acting on it. You said it yourself!

I just pull out my blackberry and pretend i'm doing something... Seriously what the hell?
You didn't like it, it wasn't acceptable to you, you have social standards and want to be trated a certain way... so communicate that... don't shrug it off. All the advice here is solid, but just like JC said don't flip or be mean.

I mean, personally...
She's on the phone... walk out of the room and watch her tv and eat her food... that's kinda my style.

If I left and she called me later I'd say I didn't go over her house to listen to her talking on the phone, I have a lot of things to get done, but if she wants to meet up later we can.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd leave. I'd tell her I've got something to do and leave. No need to sit there and watch her talk to her friends about whatever.

Either that or I'd do something similar to what Qmanchoo said.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 mins is way too long chat when with a date.

WHAT is acceptable if either me or her answer our phones and talk at most under a minute , average 30 secs. We respect each other, so we keep it to a minimum.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are just dating, she shouldn't be picking up the phone period. Like others said, walk away.

If you are in LTR and she does this, start moaning and groaning loudly "Ohhhh yeahhh (her name) It feeeels sooo good inside youuuu myyyyyy gawed!!! I love that ass of yours, I am going to smack it!! (make a smacking sound with your two hands) lol.

I almost guarantee you she will tell her friend "let me call you back" and hang up. She will probably will learn her lesson and not talk to anyone on the cellphone around you ever again!

DjDamage

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless she is supposed to be doing something with me , I don't really care.

white cloud 8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you both are just hanging out e.g. just see each other in a hallway and start having a convo, then no, it's not a big deal. I mean, you can't really control the person :rolleyes: and besides, girls find it a turn off if your insecure about who they are talking to.

gratuitous1

Reaction score
The first time this happens with me, I'll immediately pull out my phone and pretend talking on it. Anyone seen the movie 'Freddy got Fingered'? I'll say, LOUDLY, "No Bob, I said Geneva, not Helsinki!! Sell 2000 shares immediately!! You idiot!! You're freakin fired Bob!! Clean out your locker at the club!! I said Geneva not Helsinki!!" This usually gets her to hang up, or at least laugh. Similarly, saying something along the lines of "Baby, come back to bed..." works also.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a habit, that everytime my GF was on the phone and I was around, I would make her give me a back massage while talking on the phone. Everyone wins.. she can stay on the phone all night for all I care.

One time I pulled my **** out and put it in her mouth (seriously) while she was on the phone, and she was crying laughing.

However it it's a girl I am not dating, it just depends. Like if she gets a call and it's Mom or something like that, I mean, what can you do?

But girl gossip and other men can wait. Anything longer than 2-3 minutes, unless it's something pretty serious, I'm out, or if she is at my house, she's out.