What's with long hair guys in TV shows?

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
diplomatic_lies said:
Actually when I see someone with long hair, I think they're either goths, or druggies.
That's because you're a fvcking retard and need a boot the the fvcking face. :trouble: You think all black people are gang-bangers too?

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:
If you want chicks, just keep your hair cut. Not saying it needs to be cut short short short, it doesn't. But when it gets to the point of needing to be tied back or whatever, that is a turn off to girls. Most anyways - Female Goths and Druggies are still around.
:rolleyes: Dude, based on what... your own lame bigoted perception? A well, presented, good looking guy with long hair has just as much of a chance of pulling a girl as as one with short hair. If Johnny Depp walks in with long locks (in fact, many, many male celebrities have had long hair at one point or another and they didn't become ugly), HB is still going lick her lips. Maybe the long haired guys you know are all ugly, dirtbags our clique-kids, but a friggen' girl sees the difference between someone like that and someone like myself who isn't. There are just as many goths and druggies (more actually) with short hair. You know who they are by other things than the length of their hair.

manbearpig

Don Juan
Reaction score
You tell'em Archaxis. Us long hairs have gotta stick together. :D

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Archaxis said:
:rolleyes: Dude, based on what... your own lame bigoted perception? A well, presented, good looking guy with long hair has just as much of a chance of pulling a girl as as one with short hair. If Johnny Depp walks in with long locks (in fact, many, many male celebrities have had long hair at one point or another and they didn't become ugly), HB is still going lick her lips. Maybe the long haired guys you know are all ugly, dirtbags our clique-kids, but a friggen' girl sees the difference between someone like that and someone like myself who isn't. There are just as many goths and druggies (more actually) with short hair. You know who they are by other things than the length of their hair.
Nice point. Actually, I noticed a pattern in longhairs. Highschool freshmen and sophomores with longhair are usually the ****y guys who girls lust after. In junior and senior year, even some uncool or unknown guys grow out their hair thinking they will become beautiful all of a sudden. These guys usually become losers or outcasts in their 20s and decide not to give a shìt about the world laughing at them, while the cool guys have cut their hair, in order not to be associated with them outcasts.
Only some guys who do pretty well with ladies and don't give a shìt about who associates who with who, keep their hair long or grow it out after high school and still do pretty good with ladies.

Just my sociology 2c

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Adone said:
Nice point. Actually, I noticed a pattern in longhairs. Highschool freshmen and sophomores with longhair are usually the ****y guys who girls lust after. In junior and senior year, even some uncool or unknown guys grow out their hair thinking they will become beautiful all of a sudden. These guys usually become losers or outcasts in their 20s and decide not to give a shìt about the world laughing at them, while the cool guys have cut their hair, in order not to be associated with them outcasts.
Only some guys who do pretty well with ladies and don't give a shìt about who associates who with who, keep their hair long or grow it out after high school and still do pretty good with ladies.

Just my sociology 2c
In my humble (and long haired) opinon, it's going to be like ANYTHING else (like, say, SHORT HAIR, for that matter) and there's going to be a million different reasons for a million different people. They'll fall into JUST as many categories as short hair: It might be for rebellion, conformity, beutification, trendy style, personal statement, etc., etc., etc. or a variety of reasons at once. One person, like myself, might keep it long, simple, clean and trimmed, like any simple, classic, suave SHORT haircut as my personality reflects that to a certain degree... someone else might have a long dreadlock style haircut that might parallel a short, rebellious crop with dyed spikes, or whatnot.

You've got trendy guys going for the surfer look, metal guys keeping it real, hippies flaunting their policatal ideas, Skynard-style rednecks on the opposite side of the fence, gangstas wearing it in corn rows, or guys going for the romance novel Samson look... I mean, for fvcks sake, doesn't one of the Backstreet Boys have long hair? [shurgs] Like I said, there are pleny of druggies with short hair. If you really look at it, It trancends most all demographics, age groups, races, etc...

Here I am in all my long haired glory... I guess I'd describe it as equal parts suave, movie badass (e.g. Travolta's character in Swordfish) and undiluted metal elite (e.g. Chuck Shuldiner from Death). :cool:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/Archaxis/Me05.jpg

manbearpig

Don Juan
Reaction score
My long hair is a weird combo of hippie and metalhead. I know people think of those genres as opposing eachother, but not exactly. New style metal(slipknot, slayer, system of a down etc.) maybe, but not old school metal. Infact certain bands kinda bordered between being metal and hippie IMO, like Led Zeppelin. Which is my all-time favorite band.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Archaxis, you are one good-looking cat. Your appearance indicates you are subordinate and obedient to no man. Have you thought about growing a beard?

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
doctoroxygen said:
Archaxis, you are one good-looking cat. Your appearance indicates you are subordinate and obedient to no man. Have you thought about growing a beard?
Dude, thanks for the praise... I pretty much do the respectful, charaismatic alpha kind of thing. I speak my mind, try not to unnecessarily demean others, and take no one's B.S. and downtalking in general. That pic is from about 8-months back, I actually have a goatee now. It seems to work with the look, and I like it. It's just a pain to keep trimmed, as I'm a bit of a perfectionist. :rolleyes:

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Archaxis said:
That's because you're a fvcking retard and need a boot the the fvcking face. You think all black people are gang-bangers too?
Archaxis said:
I pretty much do the respectful, charaismatic alpha kind of thing.
:crackup:

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
short hairs are cool,

look at these actors
wenthworth miller (prison break)
channing tatum(model and actor)

short hairs suits blk men better some white guys dont have the skull for it.

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
diplomatic_lies said:
:crackup:
:down: You miss this part?: ...and take no one's B.S. and downtalking in general... Generalizing people on trite things such as hair length falls completely under B.S. Puts the repect switch right in the off posetion.

drummer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello fellow long haired DJs. I have long hair for two reasons:
1) Music (BLACK METAL AND THRASH)
2) I am Native American so it just looks way more natural on me than short.
Girls seem to like it, my girl likes to run her fingers through it and play with it and she loves when it falls on her face.

One question: How do you guys keep your hair so straight? I have straight hair, but the ends always curve around, so I usually wear it behind my ears.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How long is your hair? At some point, straight hair will get long enough that its own weight keeps it straight.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That should be long enough to straighten itself if you have fully straight hair. Have you tried a flat-iron or blow-drying it straight?

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Most DJ's know that shorter hair has more styling options than long hair. As such, it is superior, because variety is the spice of life.

Nice try though, long-haired punks.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely. That buzzcut has a lot more options than shoulder length hair.

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your response is so short-sighted I almost don't want to reply.

First off a buzzcut is an extreme form of "short hair", but I'll play along.

Buzzcut is 2-3 weeks from a crew cut. A crew cut is few MONTHS away from even semi-long hair. A person with short hair can have MANY different styles within a month with a little wax, forming cream, or even hairspray. A long haired person can do what? Ponytail, blow dry, or cut it shorter. That's pretty much it.

But yeah, keep that mane, more chicks for me.

For the record I've never known a guy worth mentioning who had long hair and didn't eventually go short.

But yeah, to each his own, and if long hair is your deal that's great. Just realize that your opinion differs from the majority of men and women.

Last edited:

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
grr said:
For the record I've never known a guy worth mentioning who had long hair and didn't eventually go short.

What about Jesus?;)