what's this mean?

Ridah

Reaction score
my GF has tattoo's and thinks they're are sexy in general. Yet, she doesn't want me to get any, said I'm not the type to get them. What do you think this means?

Tkman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to get a tatto b/c your GF has one :rolleyes:

This is a guess: You wanted to get a tatto with her name or something that symbolizes her on your body. And she said, "You are not the type to get them".

I smell something fishy.

LostbutFound

Don Juan
Reaction score
It could mean a million things...lots of guys are out there that look good, but would be ruined if they got a tattoo....She could mean that she finds them sexy on certain people, namely the tough rugged type...and maybe you're just not that guy, which is fine, dont try and be someone you're not....

The thing is, dont take if personally...I dated a girl that said the same thing...she totally loved the ghetto lookin tough guy with tattoos...but not on me....Im a tall, dark, and big Italian...But Im also extremely smart, and she agreed it wouldnt look good on me...though I look like a guy not a lot would mess with, I just still wouldnt look that great with tatoos on me...Maybe if I was the stupid type that goes around collecting money or other errands for certain "higher people" like some of my relatives...then ok...but im not that type...do I take it personally, no...My uncles even told me that that life is not for me...Though I do have a temper some times and im bigger than a lot of guys, I'd rather be a teacher and live a long life rather than go around breaking guys arms and never knowing when im gonna be done....

Sorry for the rant, just making a point....some guys wear tats well...others dont...but either way, its just a certain taste of hers, almost like a fetish, but if shes not acting on it, then thats all it is...I wouldnt worry about it

Ridah

Reaction score
Tkman - Nah man. I'm not stupid enuff to get a tattoo of my girl's name :p I did have this one chick that got a tat of my name. Needless to say, I left that b*tch quick.

LostbutFound - A lot of what you said makes sense. In fact, you and I share some similarities. I'm about 6 ft with a stocky frame, people don't tend to mess with me either. I consider myself smart enough(college student), but I'm not a lame ass. I play sports, workout and sh*t.

What pissed me off about the whole ordeal was she wasn't honest with me. She said Eminem, some fatass on tv and a guy with a similar body frame like me looked good with them. But when I asked her why shouldn't I get tattoo's, her reply was, "You look fine the way you are". I dunno, the chick finds them sexy but the dude she's fvckin(me) shouldn't get them. Just doesn't make sense to me. I can't help but to take it personally when she just doesn't give me an answer.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
next... j/k...

it sounds like a compliment from her. you are sexy enough without a tat according to HER. i wouldn't make a big deal out of this. what are you doing worrying about what she thinks anyway? just do what you want. be careful with those tats though.