whats the longest period its taken you to get over a chick

havybastard

Don Juan
Reaction score
****ing hell, im a new poster, i consider myself naturally non-AFC, this girl wouldnt return my calls who i really liked and had made out with many a time, so instead of chasing her i went on a date with a friend of hers to get her jealous.

But for some ****ed up reason, i cant get over the first chick. It's been a month, im not a sad case, as in i go out with mates, pick up other chicks etc, but this one ****ing chick i keep thinking about and want to see. ugh

DonDan

Banned
Reaction score
Well... My opinion.. All or nothing brother,

Seeing as how its been so long and ur plans arent working, basically ur fcked right? might as well go out like a chump.. I am being real when i say this.

I would phone that girl and tell her your feelings... You wont lose anything... might as well give it a shot before you move on for good.......

Reaction score
Girl XYZ, meet her late March - she vexed me in September and since then I've been trying to get her out of my mind. November went to casual sex online dating (didn't meet anyone due to my parents/I wasn't ready) and then on December, put new ads to meet more people. Kissed two people.

Yet, her ghost still lerks in the bowels of my psyche and hopefully one day her memory will be erased. Think I'll need a lobotomy to do the job good, to cut out the memory cells that thus plague the mind.

But taking the advice, best cure for oneitis, is to date and kiss women. So that's what I'm doing. So March - December - guess that's several months.

Other than that, I think it was 2 years for some church crush that occurred before. Oh well.

rrrrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
just now getting over 1. she screwed me over pretty good, and played every seduction trick in the book on me just to f with my head. Everyone thought she liked me and kept asking me why i'm not going out with her, even though anyone could see she was a player, noone was going out w/her except her ex boyfriend in another state that kept screwing her over. She was good looking and this made it harder to get over her. 5 months, and I'm about over her, it has never happened to me like this before. the good news is, not getting her made me realize i need to take care of my acne, stop being afc, and get in shape, do whatever it takes to make myself look better, because that's what i'm doing now. She's the one that made me start visiting this board again and made me realize I have a lot to learn about women. I had never knew the term "attention *****" before her, but now I definitly am familiar with them.

i think you can get over her quicker if you know for fact you don't have a chance.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still getting over it. I would say a few weeks but I think about this girl and how I could have had sex. That was 2 years ago. Now I think about her when I get really really horny ahh man I'm depressed.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha... 2 mistakes here

1. You've gone the chick route on this... dating her friend to make your old chick jealous... you're dating her friend for one totally gay reason...

2. You're newly single and only hitting up one girl... no, no, no, no, no...

Ditch her friend... hit the club with your A-Game and keep yourself busy...

If you need some help before the club forgetting about this chick then remind yourself that this chick was so disrespectul she ignored / didn't return your phone calls... how are you gonna 'love' that? Personally, I need me a girl with some kind of manners

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As for your question... I really can't remember, since I was almost certainly 13 or 14... once I became a little more selfish and realised that there was pvssy in abundance it's a very short time...

But these kind of questions are counterproductive... all dudes rush into the thread with their own sob stories and start thinking about how long it took them to get over a chick rather than looking at how to move forward... you don't try to rationalise your difficulty getting over this girl by finding a bunch of dudes who took longer and telling yourself that a couple of months is OK...

Aquilo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Like so many guys here, I´ve been to through the same ****.

Background for me:
I dated this girl and she became my GF, though I wasn´t really sure I was into that relationship( and didn´t have n e strong feelings, so I dumped her after a couple of months. The next thing I know, she begun to date and hooked up with a good friend of mine, who lives REALLY close to me. That ****ed up my head and made me want her again(read got obsessed, I wonder why :rolleyes: ). It was not since I had a semester for a couple of months and they broke up, and I didn´t see her at all, that I finally came over here.

The only thing you can really do is to erase her from your world totally, and move on. DON`T call her, cause she´s fed up with your calls ( I guess when you say she won´t return your calls, you HAVE called her alot ). If she calls you, you will probably end up getting into her to much and you will **** up the game and let her play with you, and you will never be the winner of that one =).

Even if it´s hard to think, there are better and more goodlooking chicks out there, waiting for you to get over this chick and give them some sweet love instead ;). But you won´t meet them while your obsessed with another girl.

BlahBBlah

Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a friends with benefits relationship with some girl for a month and a half. Then she broke it off because she started having romantic feelings for someone else. I had romantic feelings for her and I expressed them. But she's still dating the other guy. It's been about a good three weeks or so and I'm still sort of getting over her. Nowhere near as bad as it used to be two weeks ago.

jamescr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
was in a 3 year relationship, and things were pretty good for the first 2.5. I broke up with her to try and "fix" things, and straighten her out a bit. She was getting comfortable in the relationship, and it wasnt really exicting anymore, so i pulled the trigger to see if she would change for the better. Welp, all it did was make her block me out, and things got way worse. We worked on stuff for awhile, but we never got back together, and all in all, it took me a month or so to get out there and get back in the game. She found a dude and says shes in love with him after 3 weeks of being together, and that kind of bothers me, because we were seriously in love, but theres nothing i can do but get out there and get as many chicks as i possibly can. Best thing to do to feel better when you start thinking about her, get out and start meeting women. I went out to the club last night and got 3 numbers, and already talking to 6, so this should get interesting. Plus when your spinning so many plates, you wont have time to think about the ex.

avrilishot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
**** I remember this one chick I liked for probably 2 or 3 months I wanted her so bad, then I found out she had a b/f and I was sad. But I made my dumbass snap out of that and now I dont give a ****...I learned from that ****. theres more then one hot girl in the world.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
....who cares?

Badmannaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BlahBBlah said:
Had a friends with benefits relationship with some girl for a month and a half. Then she broke it off because she started having romantic feelings for someone else. I had romantic feelings for her and I expressed them. But she's still dating the other guy. It's been about a good three weeks or so and I'm still sort of getting over her. Nowhere near as bad as it used to be two weeks ago.

man this describes my relationship....i tried so many times to get rid of her but she kept pursuing me and it kinda made me fall in love with her...she was falling for me but she had already been with her 1st love and was talking about marrying him or what not...damn it was crazy.....that was awhile ago and i'm still trying to get over that...i was dating another chick while i was with her thinking i was a pimp and it all backfired i lost both girls and all i had left was that heartbreak feeling...that was terrible...after that i was on a "only sex" dating scene...im back to normal though i just want to get another girl like that..but waay better

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
3 months after my first gf in high school .. we dated for about 6, then 2-3 on/off. funny though because my longest relationship, which lasted almost a year (and we lived together), only took me about 2 weeks to get over.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ashley Chuckles said:
As for your question... I really can't remember, since I was almost certainly 13 or 14... once I became a little more selfish and realised that there was pvssy in abundance it's a very short time...

But these kind of questions are counterproductive... all dudes rush into the thread with their own sob stories and start thinking about how long it took them to get over a chick rather than looking at how to move forward... you don't try to rationalise your difficulty getting over this girl by finding a bunch of dudes who took longer and telling yourself that a couple of months is OK...
what he said