whats the importance of school?

ABGPlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
someone please try motivate me to do better in school cuz i just dont see why its important... its not like i dont want a job later on in life but i just get really lazy when it comes to school related things.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Join the club mate..........the way i do it is because people with good education can earn up to 25% more than someone without.
And i always wanted to drive up to people who didn't like me in my porsche and laugh.........

DirkPitt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol how do u motivate me. ..

i do well enough in school and excellent at those exams but i haven't opened a book in months. I don't know any of the school materials. I just cheat my way throught highschool yet somehow i managed to legitly get a 31 on my ACT and a 1450 on my SAT's. i guess i'm a bona fide genius but my gpa's only 3.4 or 3.5.

oh well. i already applied to college and if i get accepted, i will definately work even less than i already am.

jtws

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SO that you can earn more money in the future.

A college degree is not worth much these days but it is still a stepping stone for future earning potential.

Remember that the school drop-outs which made it big are exceptions, not the norm.

Plus high-status jobs eg doctor, lawyer, corporate bigwig, powerful business executive make you more attractive to women.

(Oh, and I will be satisfied with a Beemer. No need for a Porsche.)

ABGPlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
still doesnt seem to motivate me much...... of course i want to earn more money but still.... the fact that i'm not putting any effort at all because of my attitude towards it is putting me at risk of failing and the failing doesnt really seem to be a motivating factor either

ABM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you'll be motivated your senior year when you are getting "we're sorry to decline you" letters from every college you applied to.:rolleyes:

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ABM
you'll be motivated your senior year when you are getting "we're sorry to decline you" letters from every college you applied to.:rolleyes:
Haha, bump.

School = life, basically.

See all those materials you want? Big screen plasma TV, expensive car, beach house with a cottage and trips every month...

That's a life of an exception, OR, the norm of someone with a high paying job that they got from going to university (IE: Doctor, Bigtime Lawyer, corporate CEO, Corporate Lawyer, etc).

From going to university (only tyhrough doing well in high school), will you get Power, Money, and most of all RESPECT, from your position.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
School is not about learning, it is about getting good grades.

What are your goals in life and how do you intend to go about acheiving them?

If school is nessacary, get the grades. Otherwise, graduate from highschool and take it from there.

Reaction score
to make an attempt to succeed the way society says is the best method.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont know guys...

I had 3.3 GPA 25 ACT when i graduated...and got into a decent college....but the thing is, i could have skipped half of my senior year and still get in...

YOU ONLY HAVE TO WORK HARD if u want to go to a GOOD School.

If u come to an employer, and he sees "Minnesota" instead of "yale" , i dont know how much it is going to influence his decision...but that is where communication skills come in.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
i dont know guys...

I had 3.3 GPA 25 ACT when i graduated...and got into a decent college....but the thing is, i could have skipped half of my senior year and still get in...

YOU ONLY HAVE TO WORK HARD if u want to go to a GOOD School.

If u come to an employer, and he sees "Minnesota" instead of "yale" , i dont know how much it is going to influence his decision...but that is where communication skills come in.
Haha, it'll make a huge difference.

Leon Phelps

Don Juan
Reaction score
it really wont make much of a difference

it all has to do with your ego, URI or Harvard, not much when it comes to employment.

bogman2121

Don Juan
Reaction score
man im the same way i just hate school. but i already got rejected from one college and now im wishing i had tried harder and after that rejection i started to do my homework and my gpa for last quarter was an 85 which is about 5 points higher than i usually get. right now my new motivation is a quality job and a corvette

unknowntim3

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am also with you guys, i have apsolutly 0 motivation and can seriously care less about school, school meens nothing to me, whether A or D im happy... and the only reason i try to get a D is cause if not, i get killed my my parents.

And as for studing goes... i havnt studied or opened up a book forever, i dont study or do anything for test because i usually fail no matter what, even when i do study, and i fail, that just makes me more upset cause i actually tried and still did horrible, so i have gave up all together on school

so im puttin 100% forth to my DJ skills, still workin on them here

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think of it this way: life is about having freedom, right? Well the better you do in school, the more options you'll have later in life.

Even if right now you think your dream job is to be cashier at the local 7-11 (or any other job that doesn't require a college degree), it is very likely that will change in the future. Now on one hand, if you go to a good school, get a nice respectable job, and make decent money, you have freedom to do want you want. If you decide you'd rather paint landscapes for a living, you can always quit your job and use your savings to explore your dream.

On the other hand, if you decide you don't need to go to college because you're going to be a construction worker, twenty years down the road you might realize that paving highways isn't all you thought it would be. But now it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to pursue what you really want to do than in the first scenario.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unknowntim3, sorry man you will be AFC forver....

unless...

See, after reading your post i imagined you as this lazy kid, who just doesnt want to succeed aand just wants to get by.

YOu see, DJ are ALL successful people. All DJ's WORK HARD to succeed, no matter what they do.

I do try in school, no matter what i say. IM also spending MY OWN money on classes in college... so im not going to get D's and "get by".

Unless you start working hard on EVERY part of your life, you arent gonna get far in DJ'ing.

Just honest truth my man.

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ABGPlayer
still doesnt seem to motivate me much...... of course i want to earn more money but still.... the fact that i'm not putting any effort at all because of my attitude towards it is putting me at risk of failing and the failing doesnt really seem to be a motivating factor either

WELL WAKE THE **** UP!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR??!!!! BE A ****ING MAN! EITHER DO IT OR DON'T!!

What you have to do right now is..... expierence the "real world" and then suffer the consequences... w/e it maybe, you can't count on ppl to motivate you.. self motivation is TRUE motivation, realize for yourself how much doors will open if you make it pass college! Also, when your starting to get bored in class.. don't think about being bored, that's the worst thing you can do!

In conclusion....... find out FOR YOURSELF what will happen if you don't choose the right path.... trust me it'll either be so beautiful you'll bust out crying.. or it'll be so ****ing ugly you'll **** all over the place.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ask someone in highschool what they wish to do when they get out of school, their response will normally fall in the lines of "I want to get a good job." If you ask me, I will tell you "I want to start a buisiness" or "I want to work for noone." People think it's hard to get rich. Well let me tell you something, I watched my Dad do it (at least get on his way).

He used a skill (programming) totally unrelated to his career (a pilot) and turned it into a major asset. www.rvcorner.com (not very successful, but www.rvdata.com is what he's working with now instead), and www.allpme.com are two buisinesses which he started and brought him a little money, along with his hosting company of ww.paladincomputers.com. Now he's about to start www.securesurveys.com and www.expersignal.com the latter expected to bring in at least 2 million within the first year.

www.allpme.com turned out to exceed his air force salary within 2 years, with 15 minutes or less of work a day. the RV stuff didn't work out so well, but it's getting better. expersignal.com will probably blow away his expectations, and the securesurveys stuff has tons of potential but he's not even worried about that right now.

4 or 5 years ago, he was living like any other american. had some financial problems, worried about certain expenses etc. Now, after lots of work and motivation, he can go "hey that's a cool piano what do you think, should we get it?"

In addition, he's been really into trading stuff (which is what expersignal is based on). based on trades on and off, he would be able to make a few hundred thousand a year if he did it full time.

7 or 8 years ago, he didn't know anything about using coldfusion (the programming language he's an expert in now), how to trade stock/option/futures successfully, or successfully run a buisiness. In a few years, he changed all that.

Watching my Dad turn things around and create something for himself was one of the most inspiring things I've ever seen. Few people realize their potential, and even fewer make the effort to reach it.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really decide to put your mind to it, there is nothing that cant be done.

Im dead serious.

DirkPitt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
there is nothing that cant be done.
I first heard that in the movie The Usual Suspects. Stephan Baldwin says it with so much confidence and seriousness that I've been living my life by it.