What to wear to the gym when working out/picking up women

INXS

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK..
So I've heard the stories of picking up women at gyms, and honestly, I am interested in testing this out. So I figured I will go join a local gym in my area and go from there.

The thing is, having not ever really gone to a gym to work out (I mainly go running or get exercise playing sports), I don't know what guys normally wear there.

Last time I went to a gym, I wore some ratty red shorts and shoes with dirt on them. While I know it is all about your attitude and inner game with women, I want to kind of look good while doing this.

So to those of you who pick up women in the gym, one simple question, What are you wearing when you do it?

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wearing exercise clothing helps.

Note: unless you like to do thigh machines or step machines, the women won't be around your area of the gym: Ie: free weights, bars, and cables.

Great place to go to meet new friends and chat with buddies, but 95% of women will have headphones on. Not very approachable.

IMO, if they've got headphones on, they're not at the gym to chitchat. So i leave 'em alone.

swaptrex

Don Juan
Reaction score
not totally true, i've picked up a couple w/ hp's on. however, they had sent some signals.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to the gym to pickup girls? Come on. Goto the gym to get your business done. Chances are, you won't find any inspiration from the guys there either. Most of the guys at my gym tend to be meatheads who shake and stutter when they are approached by a girl. If you see a cute girl at the gym, go up and say whats up babe. But if you're going to the gym and "dressing" for the gym to pickup girls, god help you.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You go to the gym with the intent on working out, not lookin pretty. Thats what girls do...man up.

Driven2Succeed

Don Juan
Reaction score
82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, North Carolina
dude, dont use the gym.. i mean u can, but damn.. maybe im crazy but i workout 5-6 days a week and besides the occasional "hey hows it going, hows things?".. i dont conversate in the gym unless it has to do with exercise.. but then again i only workout at military gyms and most of the women are wives or daughters and thats just sketchy..

i'd say do it if u wanna but, tread carefully..

as for clothes, i usually just wear my black Army pt shorts and a brown tee.. thats me tho, and like i said im just there to take care of business..

on a positive note, it will give u a reason to get to the gym and workout, which is awesome lol.. good luck brother

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wear athletic shoes,basketball shorts and a plain one colored shirt,its a gym so the women will think less of clothes. I made a girlfriend out of one chick I met at the gym,man I was dumb for pushing her away in the end(she was really pretty). Remember though,YOU GO TO THE GYM TO BETTER YOURSELF,dont lose sight of that.

trance_addict

Don Juan
Reaction score
go to the gym to workout, that's what its for. You shouldn't have to dress-up to go build muscle, just wear what you're comfortable in. If you happen to get a few numbers, that's a bonus, don't just stay in shape to get puss y do it for yourself.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, I used to think the gym was a bad place to meet women. Lately though, it seems like they're more open to meeting a guy there than they are out in the street or in a store.

Not sure why... endorphins? Already being in tight clothing? Sweaty guys?