What to do with affectionate names so early on?

dig it

Don Juan
Reaction score
what are some of the things you guys do when a girl starts to say hi darling and so forth when you meet her?

This is always a hard one for me to get right. I suppose it depends on the girl.

I usually just say "HI" without a name attached or anything.

Recently a girl said hi darling to me, and i know she wants to go out with someone and is comfortable with me, just that i am yet to come up with anything substantial to say back.

All i've got is: darling? i dont even know you well enough yet to say something as sweet as that back to you.

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used this a couple of times:

her: You are such a sweety
me: Wait till you get to know me better, you'll find out what kinda a$$hole I am.

Ofcourse smiling with this will be better than saying it with serious face.

dig it

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha

did that work?

i like to try and play it down to begin with.

i will say darling, etc, in non-related to affection ways, like when i am telling her whats what...

hey, honey, you shouldn't really let....

darling, look, its not a problem....

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It usually gets a laugh.. She might still think you are sweet or something but at least you'll be a funny & confident sweet guy :)

I wouldn't recommend what you are planning on doing.. Lots of guys (AND girls) do this and it doesn't add to anything but the fact that she'll feel encouraged to call you affectionate names.

But take my word for it. It might just work for you.. Watch the responses it gets..

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Caveman
I used this a couple of times:

her: You are such a sweety
me: Wait till you get to know me better, you'll find out what kinda a$$hole I am.

haha, love it.

rjherche

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've used that one too and it works fine. If you tell a girl you're an ******* in a joking way then she will appreciate your occasional nice gestures much more.

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep them off balance. When they think they've got an accurate label on you, lead them to believe they're so ****ing wrong and do it with some charm. That will make them want more and more and they will always say they don't know the real you. That's good especially when dealing with women!

donjan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dig it
haha

did that work?

i like to try and play it down to begin with.

i will say darling, etc, in non-related to affection ways, like when i am telling her whats what...

hey, honey, you shouldn't really let....

darling, look, its not a problem....
I have tried this a couple of times but it didn't seem to work well. Maybe its not IM material anyway, but it moght come off arrogant or too obvious of a player attempt.

In theory it works nicely, however no good results with this yet.

My advice: when she calls you sweet, darling or whatever say 'thanks for noticing', 'I am aren't I?' or something else c&f.

Good luck anyway.