What to do when beeing ignored during conversation (2 guys, 2 girls)?

Harvey101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you guys ever been in the situation where you are out with a male friend of yours (no real wingman, so you couldn't set up any rules with them) and you see two girls you both know.

Then the girls totally ignore you, and just say hello to the other guy and starts to have a conversation with him.

How do you guys handle these situations?

The most AFC way of handling it is of course just to stand there next to them, wait for them to finish talking and them continue walking away with your friend, which is kind of what I do nowadays (which i know s*cks)...but give me some advice..

Inquire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it happens. just when u see tat say in ur mind like wutever and turn around and stare at the scenery, when they done, continue walkin', wutever. dont be staring, act like wutever, who knows they might be playin' hard to get for u. there are cool thangs to look at.

or u can jsut butt in and say "yeahhh, he is so right" and wehn they look at you funny say "i'm bored." no need to lie, jsut tell them, manlyness!

Harvey101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I would need some advice from people who are older than 15.

Not trying to be mean, but maybe you shoudl hang out in the high-school forum?

Reaction score
Excuse yourself to go do something else (talk to someone else, go to the bathroom, buy a pack of smokes). Don't hang around. Rejoin your friend later.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by johnny_dangerously
Excuse yourself to go do something else (talk to someone else, go to the bathroom, buy a pack of smokes). Don't hang around. Rejoin your friend later.
Don't excuse yourself, but do find something else to do.

Just be busy, go around, talk to lots of people, if they're not paying attention to you, don't sit there and take it. Its a bad sign when people can ignore you and you are on the sidelines begging for their attention. If they are ignoring you, leave. Do some fun stuff, come back later.

One thing I do when people try to talk over me is talk softer. People start to strain to hear what I'm saying and the other guy looks like a **** for talking so loudly so that he gets attention.

Reaction score
Hey MV, what I meant was, don't stomp off in a huff & show you're angry, just say "I need to hit the head." And do it sooner rather than later, i.e. don't stand there like a lonely dog for 10 min. But always be a gentleman. Edited to add: I like that soft-speaking trick. I notice when I speak less, people pay rapt attention when I finally DO say something.

Reaction score
Maybe you sould be a litle more open minded about who gives you advice when you clearly ask for it?

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm confused - what is "setting up wingman rules"?

It doesn't make sense that 2 girls would come up to say hello to just your friend and not turn to you and say hello well knowing you two are together. And then your friend didn't introduce you to them after the fact either. Its pretty much impossible for both of those things to not happen.

Can you elaborate more on what happened?

Harvey101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by flexion_
I'm confused - what is "setting up wingman rules"?

It doesn't make sense that 2 girls would come up to say hello to just your friend and not turn to you and say hello well knowing you two are together. And then your friend didn't introduce you to them after the fact either. Its pretty much impossible for both of those things to not happen.

Can you elaborate more on what happened?
We'll maybe I should quit speaking about the other male as a friend, and just call him other guy.

Let's say you are out with a bunch of guys, and you and another guy decide to go get another beer (both of you). On the way to the bartender you migh encounter two girls, which you both barely now, and then they just start takling to the other guy and giving no attention to you (this might be after they have given you a quick "hello" or just dissed you altoghether).

That's the scenario.

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Harvey101
We'll maybe I should quit speaking about the other male as a friend, and just call him other guy.

Let's say you are out with a bunch of guys, and you and another guy decide to go get another beer (both of you). On the way to the bartender you migh encounter two girls, which you both barely now, and then they just start takling to the other guy and giving no attention to you (this might be after they have given you a quick "hello" or just dissed you altoghether).

That's the scenario.
You're body languge is'nt conveying openess and/or confidence.

Ninja out

catch

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if two girls came up two me and a mate, and didnt inroduce themselves, first off I WOULD BUST THERE ****ING BALLS FOR BEING SO RUDE...

hey dont you girls know how to say hello??? do i smell or are you just plain , down right ignorant....????

or
put your fist up to your mouth, do a blatanly obviouse cough so every fcuk can notice your there, and quietly and politly say

hello, ime catch, nice to be ignored by you....:rockon:

if you do this then they would either, say ooooooh sorry, or start having a laugh with you about it, you can still use this as ammo when your being ****y and funny with em later....

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like Inquire said, just butt in. I was at a bar and I was in a situation where although we were introduced, I didn't know both girls. They chatted about some stuff ignoring me. Mind you I was tipsy so I felt like being bold. After I butt in, HBa was totally ignoring HBb and paying me full attention. But when I was talking, I EC the 2 of em. Didn't want to steal her company away.

I couldn't find HBa to close her but HBb gave a goodbye peck later on.

Harvey101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Black_Italian

Ninja out
I don't disagree. That is something I need to work on.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could consider joining a toastmasters club. That will give you that confidence you are looking for... if you did that then this wouldn't be a problem for you anymore.

Scoiland

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Black_Italian

Ninja out
how do you know that.... he never said how he was standing