What the f%$K is up with this bleeping..

Jay Fiedler

Don Juan
Reaction score
of words on this site??? Isnt this supposed to be a place where guys can come to talk about women??? And dont most guys swear and use slang to talk about women?? What is this place, romper room?? My god we are on the internet talking about how to get *****, not in church talking about how to treat thy neighbor!! Does anyone else agree with me?? Am I wrong here??

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Part of DJism is learning how to have class

It may be a man's site, but a DJ is in control of his language, too. He's classy and well-spoken. It's best to try and practice that in print, too.

You are what you practice on a daily basis. Work on your language in print and spoken and you'll be just that.

DJism isn't about 90 percent of what most think on this board: winning back stupid women who dump them, or some little technique, or how to go "clubbing" or whatever -- or as you put it, getting p-ssy. The foundation of it is trying to be the best you can be with or without a woman and a lot of that starts with having some class in life. This site is NOT about being obsessed with women, as most of you think it is. Quit having women dictate your lives, get off the message board and read some articles on this site!

Look, I drop some 'f' bombs with my friends now and then, but that's about it. It's best to write without crass.

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can't handle communicating without obscenities, you should start to learn...Although I agree it can be difficult to not use slang...

Jay Fiedler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Response....

Look, Im not saying that you cant talk with or write with some class. What Im saying is that most guys dont talk or write like they just came from the local tea at the Harvard Social Club. This is a place where guys talk about women, they should be free to talk about it how they wish. What is this, Iraq???

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just work on your language

It's not Iraq, but we are here to actually improve ourselves. Just delete certain letters out of words. You are what you practice on a daily basis and if you let the floodgates open this will be one big f-bomb fest.

By the way, most guys I know who are constantly dropping cuss words are the biggest AFCs I know.

Also, a DJ isn't lazy. It takes no thought or work to write cuss words. It takes some kind of thought or reflection to write something else and get the same point across. Again, DJism is a constant work in progress, not just learning some stupid trick at a bar. You'll be better off if you work on your writing, trust me on this.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have nothing against general swearing but refering to females every single post or posts at all as h0es or hors is getting really annoying.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by Jay Fiedler
of words on this site??? Isnt this supposed to be a place where guys can come to talk about women??? And dont most guys swear and use slang to talk about women?? What is this place, romper room?? My god we are on the internet talking about how to get *****, not in church talking about how to treat thy neighbor!! Does anyone else agree with me?? Am I wrong here??
1) Suggestion forum

2) This question has been done to death

3) What do YOU need curse words for? Are the ones we have not strong enough for your blasting of Pap? :rolleyes:

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Censor the curses

I am all for censoring the curses out because I wouldn't be able to access this site from work! God knows this isn't the job of my dreams, and there is alot of downtime so this DJ apprentice can do some research. ;)

Jay Fiedler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, dont get me wrong, I like a good "Pap Smear"...hahaha, pardon me, I like to Smear Pap, as much as ever, tadedadada.....

vudufixit

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dissenting view...

I'm actually in favor of the board censorship. Some of the words that are censored are a bit odd, because they aren't profanity, but hey, the moderators can set any standard they want.
A previous poster correctly pointed out that reducing/eliminating profanity is a good DJ trait. I agree - an occasional swear word at the right time makes the point come across, but "f" this and "f" that gets tiresome, even to the person using such language.
At one time, I thought people circumventing the censor would be banned, which would have made sense too - or at least including the variations on the censor list.
Look, you can't go wrong with women by being polished and articulate. Gutter language is neutral at best, and an outright turnoff at worst.

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bottom line for me:

Keep the censor in place because some filters get rid of sites with horrible sexual content and foul language. If we want this site to reach as many as possible, we have to avoid filters, some high school kids' parents have filters on their computers.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I think a big part of it is that SoSuave.com gets sponsorship from a bunch of people/sites and those groups may not feel good about sponsoring a site where every other word is "p*ssy", "c*nt", "f*ck" or "b*tch". Which can happen especially with some of the clowns talking in ghetto-speak.

The other thing is that a lot of the flame language ends up being used to flame people or otherwise degrade women. If you're gonna be a "Don Juan," show some class. I cuss a lot in my speech naturally, but when I'm around a woman, I try to check it. (I'll let one fly every now and then, though, to show her my balls still hang low :D )

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you allow the language--you're going to get it. the posts will quickly degrade to FVCK this, WH@RE that.

by having a price (e.g. misspelling the bad language as above), at least you minimize the chances of degradation.

keep the filters.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you allow the language--you're going to get it. the posts will quickly degrade to FVCK this, WH@RE that.

by having a price to pay (e.g. misspelling the bad language as above), at least you minimize the chances of degradation.

keep the filters.

i'm much more worried about the absolutely pathetically slow load up times. sometimes it takes 10 minutes, if at all.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

by having a price to pay (e.g. misspelling the bad language as above), at least you minimize the chances of degradation.

keep the filters.

i'm much more worried about the absolutely pathetically slow load up times. sometimes it takes 10 minutes, if at all.

(like how long it just took to submit this reply).

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell me what there is to gain and tell me how those benefits outweigh the possibilities of young children coming here, flame wars getting nastier, immaturity being encouraged, and whatever else might happen. Then more people might support you.