What sport to get into?

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blood sports. Start your own gladiatorial games.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CableLight
I play Intramural dodgeball, basketball, and Co-Ed volley ball (shut it, this white boy can leap).
Im proud to say that i was one of the people who made dodgeball what it was at my hs. 2 yrs ago my class started playing thanks to us stuuuudents...now they have a dodgeball club...go me

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, of course everyone is going to say the sport they like the most.

So, I will say, Boxing!

But then again, play the sport you like the most!

Other great sports I still play and have competed at over my years, Golf, Tennis and Football (soccer).

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sfalexi
In order to just do it for fun, and not competition, you don't need the best of the best of anything....roads are free, mountains are free
oh trust me my bike is not the best of the best, its £1100 new i got it off ebay for £445 a year and a half ago, upgraded it a bit so would probably be £1300 new now, its goog, has shimano xt group set mainly but its no where near top of the range, i could spend twice as much on a bike and it still would not be top of the range. If i spent 3 times as much i would only just be getting towards top of the range.

as for roads and mountains being free, my faovurite course requires memebership :p (its on private land) but thats just a bit of a joke in there really because its only £10 a year and its not like there arent any other places to ride.

For the first year that i cycled i had a bike that i bought new from a shop for £200 so it was not too bad but by no means good, i used to cycle fairly long distances down the tow path along the cannel. With in half a year i started to buy the proper kit like cycling clothes but thats because i needed new clothes and thought, hey for not much more then a tracksuit i could get some proper cycling clothes. Even now i dont have that many, lets just say that on a cold wet day im wearing just about all the cycling clothes i have!

so yeah back to the point you can get away with spending less, its only when you get seriusly in to it that you need(want) some better kit. I started doing more cross country now, its almost like free ride and i must tell you that thats the only time i actuly NEED a good bike, on the more gentle terain its just a case of its nicer to have one. It obviously allows you to go faster due to being lighter and easier to control, gears change easily etc etc your not going to sprint down that hill at 70km/hour unless you know the brakes will slow you down in time for the corner!

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boxing. Wrestling. Football. Violence is key if you are aiming for the alpha image.

Other good sports are skiing/snowboarding, mountain biking (none of that xcountry crap :p ). In my opinion, save golf for the fat, balding CEO's, but some of the more 'refined' (as in, non-violent) sports go long ways in shaping your image. Tennis, golf, and track are among those.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Disconnect
Boxing. Wrestling. Football. Violence is key if you are aiming for the alpha image.
the most alpha guy i know (and he's reeeeeeeally alpha) has been a swimmer, a basketball player and a tennis player (thus developing an excellent body), but he never got into a fight neither he has played violent sports, i'm sorry;)

i guess that sports for alpha males are either sports that give you a nice body (that is mostly swimming), team sports (soccer and basketball mainly) or "cool sports" (snowboarding, surfing, free-climbing, BMXing and everything unusual)

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
American Football, and boxing.

Having not played football for a year, I still say playing it in high school was the best decision I have ever made. It's incredibly fun, but lots of hard work. You will get complete mental and physical discipline down to perfection, good work ethic, and resistance to pain.

I box with my friends from time to time... also very excellent for discipline/ body-building/agility and all that good stuff.

Watch Rocky :)

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drago
Soccer is not considered that manly in the US but it will make you develop a well-defined, lean physique. Play 3 times a week and you'll see results in a couple of months. Join an intramural team or, if you already know how to play, try out for the school team.
what da Fu8K u consider manly baseball, lacrose or ***** eating. i dont understand how can people watch baseball or football, when theres soccer "Football" and why did handball A.K.A football is so manly cause all the shyt players wear.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Disconnect
So ah, taking a machinegun and firing it into the middle of a mall is alpha?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best sport in the world....

SOCCER!

naoi deag se deag

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try rugby, Aussie rules football, Irish football or hurling (if they have clubs in your area). These tend to accept everyone because they're so under-the-radar in the US, and they can be violent as hell if you want. I also think it's kind of cool to play a minor sport like those, but I'm a little eccentric like that.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rugby and water polo tend to have a lot of alpha males in them, so you can hang out with them and swoop their girls. Yeee-uh.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Golf is the complete anti-sport of sports. It's a real mind game and you're always playing against yourself. Great discipline when you get into it.

Team sports: ball-hockey, ultimate frisbee, soccer, basketball, volleyball

Partner sports: tennis...rock climbing.

Bar 'sports': pool :)

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Base jumping. You won't have much competition, and if you wait around a while you'll soon become the Senior.

PS if you live in the UK and want to murder a parachutist cut their main and reserve cords, apparently it can only be suicide :rolleyes: