What should I do with my life?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Midnight_Oil said:
As long as you don't get sucked up in the marriage and family crap, you don't need the stable job.
Yeah, I don't plan on doing the marriage/kids thing and once you've decided that it really takes a lot of the pressure off. I still want to make a decent living, but I don't feel like I have to chain myself to a desk in a cubicle for the next 40 years at a job I hate just so I can support a family.

Mr. Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Brownrice said:
If everyone wanted to do just the bare minimum and live a life of leisure, we would still be living in the stone age, you wouldn't have the Internet or a computer to post on a message board. You wouldn't have a car. The ambition of man to achieve wealth and greatness is what makes our country so great.
That is true but I wasn't saying making money is bad or anything of that sort. I was saying don't sell yourself for money thinking it'll make you happy, because it won't. At my job I see a lot of people who delude them selves with this "get money" mentality, as if it were a panacea for all there problems. "Oh Mr. Fantastic is working another shift! He is amazing! His is banking! I want to live like him!" Haha now that is hilarious. What I was getting at was if you would be happier with the bare essentials and doing something you enjoy, why sell all that for money?