What should I do when the chat gets stuck?

nelysses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes topics get stuck when talking face to face or on Instagram.
For example, I am currently experiencing what is happening on Instagram. The conversation is really dying. It is no longer fun. But since the girl posts a story every 2 months, I don't want it to end.

At this point, should we end the conversation? Or should we try to find something interesting?
Normally, I end it where it should end. But sometimes there are girls that you don't want to end.
And this is one of those girls. I was in a oneitis-like state for a while, but when I saw this girl, there was nothing left of the old girl :D

In addition, I am the one who speaks and asks questions more, is that a bad thing?

For example, I ask him about the music he listens to, he answers and then asks me, I ask him about movies and then he asks me, but I am the one who asks the first questions or initiates the topic.

Rainrain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask them out.

If the conversation is boring to you can you imagine how it is for them.

If she likes you she keeps the conversation going.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thing is if someones genuinely interested in another person the conversation will come easily

When that core interest isn't really there it becomes hard work

It's why most dating app conversations fizzle out and die within 5 mins , people ( especially men) just swipe on a picture but have no real interest in the other person

Also even if your conversation skills aren't amazing a woman who's interested will try to make it easier for you up to a point

Once it feels like hard work generally she isn't interested .

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Write down a list of your top DHV (displays of higher value) items/characteristics and if the convo get stale ask her an opinion question regarding one of them.

Ex - if you got invited to a wedding, ask her what she thinks you should wear. If you work out and want to try a new routine, ask her what she thinks. If you have vacation time coming up, tell her you are torn between travel destinations and want her advice. Etc.

Don't ask her what new restaurant to try though. Needless to say.

Last edited:

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Write down a list of your top DHV (displays of higher value) items/characteristics and if the convo get stale ask her an opinion question regarding one of them.

Ex - if you got invited to a wedding, ask her what she thinks you should wear. If you work out and want to try a new routine, ask her what she thinks. If you have vacation time coming up, tell her you are torn between travel destinations and want her advice. Etc.

Don't ask her what new restaurant to try though. Needless to say.
I like these but I would prefer using these in the beginning in person. Unless I am misreading , he’s been in social media chat with her for multiple months. I think he needs to pull away, stop viewing her videos, let her come to him, not answer and then come post the chat to us and have us help

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Send a meme

Otherwise I just stop talking to her

Jumbo Gumbo

Banned
Reaction score
I will text a photo of something fun for her to comment on, or a link to a song she likes

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will text a photo of something fun for her to comment on, or a link to a song she likes
Will Rogers had an excellent line about electric fences you should look up.