What shoes do you fellow runners/walkers use ?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It doesn't matter, it's all marketing hype, I highly doubt different shoes will do anything to help your foot issues.
Good feet inserts will tho...as will probably several others.

I haven't had any foot issues since I've been using them the last 2 years and I was starting to quite a few issues from walking so much prior.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good feet inserts will tho...as will probably several others.

I haven't had any foot issues since I've been using them the last 2 years and I was starting to quite a few issues from walking so much prior.
Idk I think this is a genetic thing. I go on lots of walks and hikes and there's always people who complain about their feet hurting despite them wearing nice shoes. I've worn crappy worn out tennis shoes for hikes and runs for years and my feet never hurt, nor from sprints. Similar thing going on with people who complain about their knees hurting from squats. Ruling out bad form it's probably a genetic factor or weak bones, I see it even with people in their 20s or 30s.

In your case maybe once you approach your mid 40s or later this becomes more relevant so I'm partially speaking out of my ass, but if OP is young and healthy I doubt it matters.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Idk I think this is a genetic thing. I go on lots of walks and hikes and there's always people who complain about their feet hurting despite them wearing nice shoes. I've worn crappy worn out tennis shoes for hikes and runs for years and my feet never hurt, nor from sprints. Similar thing going on with people who complain about their knees hurting from squats. Ruling out bad form it's probably a genetic factor or weak bones, I see it even with people in their 20s or 30s.

In your case maybe once you approach your mid 40s or later this becomes more relevant so I'm partially speaking out of my ass, but if OP is young and healthy I doubt it matters.
It is partially genetic and partially due to changes in your gait as you age and pick up injuries/arthritis/bad posture/musculo-skelatal tightness/degenerative joint issues, etc.

My footprint was literally turned sideways almost from how it was supposed to be straight which was causing the wrong parts of my foot to hit the ground and bear most of the weight. This is likely similar to what is happening with the people complaining about their feet hurting...

The inserts basically forced my feet back into alignment over time and caused the proper parts of my feet that were designed to be bearing the majority of the weight to actually bear that weight again and presto, no more foot issues.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Running shoes make a drastic difference. With my new Nikes I pulled more stride and miles in my run. I got less winded. My feet don’t hurt anymore. I been stretching my hip flexors, hamstrings and quads every night.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m scouting for some good value running/fast pace walking shoes for wider feet. I been ritually running and power walking for the last month. My feet are a little achy with some tendinitis or pinched nerve on middle top of the right foot. I blame my sh1tty shoes.

Last resort would be to go to a running store and get some tailored for my feet.

so far I been looking at the Nike Pegasus and Brooks Ghost running shoes since they are praised on some running communities.
Some great picks in this thread already. I have some Brooks for off road runs and mizuno wave riders for street runs. I'll do shorter runs in vibrams since it's so much more taxing on all parts of the foot, but I believe that ideally I should be running in them all the time so I'm working up to it.

With the vibrams you start to feel like a monkey as you learn to really grip the earth with your feet. It's a game changer for wide feet and foot development in general.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Idk I think this is a genetic thing. I go on lots of walks and hikes and there's always people who complain about their feet hurting despite them wearing nice shoes
I have completely flat feet… average around 20-30k steps a day in the summer. It’s a recipe for disaster if you have flat feet… your right genetics do play a big part in it. If you have a healthy arch your probably much less likely to suffer.

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
ASICS have been good to me. Good price point for the quality and lots of support.

Jumbo Gumbo

Banned
Reaction score
Hoka for exercise and long walks (black)
Memphisto for dressier affairs (black or brown)