What puts you in a better mood?

Franky1927

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

do you know that feeling, when you just have a bad day and are a bit depressed about everything?
In the last Days/weeks i did have this.

I have to learn for my courses in university, the weather is great, most of my friends are still living in my hometown und enjoy the good weather at partys or the beach.

While sitting in my room all day long, i sometimes get very depressed and think that all this learning and being lonely in a new city sucks and isnt worth it, but i still know i have to get through this.

When i am at home, where my parents and most of my friends live, i dont ever feel like this.

What do you do to motivate yourself, to put you in better mood?
Listening to music, reading something that motivates you, sports?

Moon-Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
I go out, then the motivation grows. Not the other way around. If you do want to get an external source of motivation, it will become a "need" like drugs.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go do stuff and meet new people. Almost anything you do that could involve someone else is a way to be social and possibly make new friends too.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting exercise outside. Like taking a long bike ride or a brisk walk. Especially if you break a sweat. Physical activity releases endorphins and that can help. Psychologically, it takes your mind off some things too. Martial arts have been great in that regard. Plus you feel like you doing something good for your health at the same time.

Pakwah

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya know i have been searching for something similar.
I sometimes have bad days, im having one now, where i sometimes second guess what i have said or done to a girl, wonder when to pull back, maybe regret something i said....then i begin second guessing and doubting myself
Days where i feel i am in control and then bam....you feel so off.
I hate those nights cuz all i do is think about stuff, i feel 'alone'
And when feeling this way, i feel lazy, so i dont have the modivation to lift weights, or take a walk, or hang out with friends or leave the house, or play video games, or listen to tunes, or do something productive, or be good company. So it becomes a cycle.
More so when i am 'emotionally involved' with someone who doesnt know i am, and when i be an ass or do something jerky, i feel bad, course i cant tell them cuz they think i don't care.
Then i wonder if they are doing something i wouldnt like...cuz i said something....or pulling away, then i want to pull them back, without looking like a puppy on a string.

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go out for a jog or run while listening to music (Ipod or such) you'll feel great afterwards.