What if she asks if you're hitting on her?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I already know in which restaurant I want to go with her.

It had better not be expensive. That works against you.

I thought I could maybe propose her to walk her back to her dorm after the event is over

Don't ask, just follow her back like it is expected. Even on a first date, I will walk right up into a girl's apartment and plop down on the couch like I do this all the time. If she wants you to not come in or to leave, she'll tell you. Leave the instant she hints that you should go, but if you two are having fun together, then sitting on her couch is no big deal, right? After a few minutes, you touch her hair and do the kiss test, and then kiss her, then you'll be making out and it's easy after that.

Whatever you do, don't be a boring Mr. Nice Guy. Challenge her. If she contradicts herself, call her on it. Tease her about the little things you find funny about her. All of this is in good fun and should make her laugh. Later, try to kiss her - don't wuss out. Make her reject you; it happens less than you would think, and it's always better to try to kiss her than regret not doing so.

Kaim Argonar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I already know in which restaurant I want to go with her.

It had better not be expensive. That works against you.
It's some fifties-themed snack bar with class, it's not really all that expensive. It's one notch above fast foods.

Bible_Belt said:
I thought I could maybe propose her to walk her back to her dorm after the event is over

Don't ask, just follow her back like it is expected. Even on a first date, I will walk right up into a girl's apartment and plop down on the couch like I do this all the time. If she wants you to not come in or to leave, she'll tell you. Leave the instant she hints that you should go, but if you two are having fun together, then sitting on her couch is no big deal, right? After a few minutes, you touch her hair and do the kiss test, and then kiss her, then you'll be making out and it's easy after that.

Whatever you do, don't be a boring Mr. Nice Guy. Challenge her. If she contradicts herself, call her on it. Tease her about the little things you find funny about her. All of this is in good fun and should make her laugh. Later, try to kiss her - don't wuss out. Make her reject you; it happens less than you would think, and it's always better to try to kiss her than regret not doing so.
Unless everything feels amazingly right and flows naturally, I don't know about going right up to her dorm/apartment on the first date if I do get an occasion to walk her back, and if she doesn't explicitly hint for me to leave, but I'll definitely try to make a move to catalyze a kiss or hug, if the winter doesn't prevent me from doing so.

I'm not a boring mr. nice guy at all. Well for this event, I might become a bit intimidated by the sexual tension, and I like being nice and police, but my natural character is that of a pretty feisty, ****y, aggressive young man in general. I like crude humor. I hate smarmy and politically correct people. I always have to watch what I say in order not to sound too blunt, offensive or opinionated.

I'm a good conversationalist, spending time with me is never dull. Of course, there's the danger that I could get carried away a bit and not allow her to talk enough, but I'll be careful so as to avoid talking too much, and try to get her to talk about herself and what she likes as much as possible.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good choice of a restaurant.

Hugs are lame. Kiss her full on the lips on the first date. She wants you to be brave enough to kiss her.

Above all, make it fun. One of Pook's attitudes about a date is "fun shall be the mission!"

Rhizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, OP, where are you posting from? I feel like I'm reading from an old english scroll. I keep hoping Braveheart will pop up in this story and attack something, maybe a wild stallion, but I'm fearful that I might just get a cracked out Monty Python.

Rhizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is 2008. You're not gonna get an "occasion" to walk her back, you get a chance, or opportunity.

But, with that said, you TAKE the opportunity and DO it.

You don't say "if its aggreeable, eat with me."

You say, Hey, you're pretty good at this game, nice stroke, lets go grab a bite, I know the perfect place"

Kaim Argonar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rhizzle said:
Dude, OP, where are you posting from? I feel like I'm reading from an old english scroll. I keep hoping Braveheart will pop up in this story and attack something, maybe a wild stallion, but I'm fearful that I might just get a cracked out Monty Python.
Somewhere in the province of Quebec.

Rhizzle said:
This is 2008. You're not gonna get an "occasion" to walk her back, you get a chance, or opportunity.

But, with that said, you TAKE the opportunity and DO it.

You don't say "if its aggreeable, eat with me."

You say, Hey, you're pretty good at this game, nice stroke, lets go grab a bite, I know the perfect place"
Maybe I would've made the request with this kind of imperative mood if I'd known her a bit better, since I didn't really get any occasion to talk to her yet.

But hey, anyhow, seemingly it worked anyway. It's probably not all about the specific words you say, but more about your confidence, whether the girl already likes you or not, and other factors on which you have no sway.

I haven't done anything with a female for years, and the last decade of my life was hellish, so overall I'm proud of myself. Thanks to my consistent efforts, the tide is turning and this woeful existence will soon only be a bad memory.

Rhizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok dude, well, hey, I gotta commend effort. How old are you?

Keep efforting.

But, the wording just sounded very rehearsed and old fashioned, and unless you're going for the Old Professor wise man approach, I think girls generally like hot and new and hip.

Thats all I'm saying.

Kaim Argonar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rhizzle said:
Ok dude, well, hey, I gotta commend effort. How old are you?

Keep efforting.

But, the wording just sounded very rehearsed and old fashioned, and unless you're going for the Old Professor wise man approach, I think girls generally like hot and new and hip.

Thats all I'm saying.
I am 26.

Hehehe, english isn't my first language and I guess I just prefer to acquire good grammar habits, instead of writing in a mix of AOLish and ebonics. I don't want to be my usual blunt self on a moderated forum. It doesn't mean that it represents my real-life persona, silly. Rather it's the diametral opposite.

Kaim Argonar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, this is a bit nagging, she approved by friend request last wednesday but she obviously isn't a nerd, and isn't online any longer than a few scarce hours per day, and so far I've been absent every single time she was online. I saw her MSN nickname change a few times but because of these issues of synchronicity I've not been able to converse with her yet. Had I known beforehand, I'd have requested her phone number, but last tuesday I thought that an IM handle sounded a bit less intimidating to request for a first encounter.

I saw that her first message declared that "tennis courses are too cool!!!!!!!"... don't know if it's linked to me or not...

Also based on her second nickname and her picture she apparently is a fan of Metallica (!), which is a bit surprising and funny because she looks like such a sweet, innocent person on the outside. LOL

I could always e-mail the hotmail address to establish contact, or send an offline MSN message... but wouldn't that give her too much control in this crucial phase? Control that would be better off left in my hands? Also, even if that would appear like a relatively meaningless way of communication, it might be better for me not to go out of my way to set the date up, and wait until she is on MSN.

One thing I also wonder is, must I absolutely propose her a day of the week and a time for the rendezvous even if it could possibly enter in conflict with her schedule, or let her a bit more freedom when it comes to the day of the week when it would be held?

And in a worst case scenario, if I can't get to chat with her on MSN, would it sound good to just see her next tuesday at the course, and tell some light zinger to get her telephone number instead?

ohbdave

Reaction score
If she says that just punch her (gently, if you think it might go somewhere, harder, if not) and say, Now I am.