What i learned tonight

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tonight was my school's homecoming dance, I went to the game friday and had a good time with some friends. Anyways, I went with a group of about 12 people. 3 of my buddies had dates, and the rest of us went alone. Now this year, I've changed a lot. I've gotten a lot more popular, I've made a lot more friends, and I've just become more comfortable in myself, but tonight was a total set back. I just realized how much of an AFC i actually am. I'm just not a very sexual person, and it' just so blatantly obvious. I'm just so damn conservative. I'm a funny person, and that's about it, but even my close friends have told me that I use humor as a shield from things like that. I saw all these people dancing, and I was unable to do it myself. I'm just not comfortable with it, and I don't know why. I mean, these kids were grinding and stuff, and the first thing i thought was, "I can't do this." 3 girls wanted to dance with me, and I just couldn't do it. It's just not who I am. It's never been who i am. I'm ****y and funny, and that's about it. What really gets me is that I wanted to do it. I really did. I just was uncomfortable with it. The entire idea of it. I just feel so stupid for not getting out of my comfort zone.

Another thing that I think is really ironic is about what my mom said to me earlier today. I got into an argument with my mom earlier today, and she practically told me that even though I don't make mistakes and follow the rules, I end up not living life because I'm afraid to take chances. I was too stupid to not get a date to homecoming, i was too stupid to not dance with one of the 3 girls who actually asked me, and it's all because I don't know how to take chances. I get in my comfort zone where I know i'll do well, and I never leave it. People tell me that I'm brilliant, but I just can't solve the simplest problems, and it just kills me.

Yeah, I'm a lot better off than i was, but I've realized that I'm not where i want to be yet. Thanks for reading this.

Pierce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not that h ard to dance. Just stand up str8 and let them dance on u. follow the rhythm. not that hard and if you have trouble doing that just find a wall or some ****.

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The dancing part isn't hard for me. I don't know how to dance, but it's not a big deal to me. The fact that girls were all over me was overbearing for me. I was uncomfortable with it, and it really just pisses me off. I was brought up the traditional, southern gentlemen type way, and all of that goes against what i was taught. I'm just not used to seeing girls act that way, and I'm such an idiot because 3 girls practically begged me to dance with them.

I still have prom later on to redeem myself.

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're still in high school? Otherwise I would say...using a little "liquid encouragement" has done wonders for my apprehensiveness on the dance floor. But not if you're in high school still!

When I was your age I felt the same way - watching all those people dancing/grinding just felt really intimidating. My mom even used to say those same things about me. But you just have to jump in there and do it. I'm still not a HUGE fan of clubs and that type of atmosphere, but I'll go if I know some friends are going.

Just remember man - you'll feel more regret at the end of the day from watching on the sidelines than anything the dance floor could do to you if you just jump in!

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, i'm in highschool, and to be honest girls intimidate me.
Not that I can't talk to them, because i can. I love talking to people, and I make friends really easily. I'm friends with a bunch of girls, but that's all i ever let it be. I end it at friendship. It's like i'm afraid of sex, and the whole idea of a relationship. Last night made this clear to me. But you are right JC, I would have no regret if i had just made the most of the situation.