what happend? and what should I have done?

slims999

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to Shuck N Jive last night in Carrollton (if anybody from the dallas area is familiar with it, go there, small but CRAZY on thursdays and ok on sundays.)

Anyway, forget the mild advertisement.

I drank there with some friends then they had to leave at about 1030, so they left and some other friends showed up at just about the same time. SOOO, I'm coming back from the bathroom (like the 2nd time already) and I see this chick who I was eyeing, but she was to the back of me, so its not like there was eye contact...

Anyway as I'm coming back from the bathroom I see her friend has left the table so as I walked around the table (I was drunk) I made eye contact with her and kinda slapped the table then sorta leaned on it. Shook hands, found out she wasnt going to college OR working, then this came out of my mouth...

(It was something of this effect) "Alright well I'm 2 tables over, come on over later and I'll buy you a drink"

She replied "Alright, well maybe so." Then smiled.

Of course she never came over and I wasnt about to go begging for her to come over again, so she left and thats the end of the story...

So did I come on too hard? Not enough?

Go talk to her again?
Make more eye contact around going to the bathroom?

Thanks.

bignick79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, it wasn't too bad, i think the only problem with your approach could have been the way you slammed your hand on the table. That was kinda unnessesary. I think it kinda made you look outta control. Girls want a guy that can drink, but still be in control. If you talked to her, have a good "get to know you" session and telling her that your at another table and if she wants to come over, that was actually pretty good cuz it put the ball in her court to do something, how long did you talk to her before you walked away??

Big Nick

slims999

Don Juan
Reaction score
2 mins

It was about a 2 minute conversation, but yes I did put the ball in her court... :)

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You were drunk, and not too many chicks go for a drunk dude that is banging at her table and asking if she could join you?

Your didn't get eye contact - bad

You snuck up behind a chick and surprised her -bad

you didn't have anything cleaver or funny to say and you banged on the table- bad

you offered her a bribe as a drink to join you at your table -that spells D-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-i-o-n. - bad

You were drunk - she smiled at you because she wanted to get rid of you -bad

Read the Dj Bible on approaches - because you didn't achieve nothing. (sorry but youv got to work on your game)

Flawless

Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
You were drunk, and not too many chicks go for a drunk dude that is banging at her table and asking if she could join you?

Your didn't get eye contact - bad

You snuck up behind a chick and surprised her -bad

you didn't have anything cleaver or funny to say and you banged on the table- bad

you offered her a bribe as a drink to join you at your table -that spells D-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-i-o-n. - bad

You were drunk - she smiled at you because she wanted to get rid of you -bad

Read the Dj Bible on approaches - because you didn't achieve nothing. (sorry but youv got to work on your game)
^Perfectly Said..

But I Think The Main Thing Was That You Were Drunk...Not A Good Thing..

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed with above posts.

Also, as i was reading that.. i couldnt help but think of an old western movie.. where the "drunk" guy.. walks around thinking he is the Sh*t.. and then he gets beaten up.

Imagination ran a little bit off the rails.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****. sorry com spoilt. keeps posting and posting.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
things you did wrong:

approach her when you were drunk.

told her you'd buy her a drink (implying that she cant support herself and is a poor little girl, when she wants to be thought of as independant and capable of buying her own drinks...)

learn from your mistakes... and dont approach when DRUNK. a little alcohol is good, too much and you act like a pvssy.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and another thing... go easy with the table banging.

slims999

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakeyboy

told her you'd buy her a drink (implying that she cant support herself and is a poor little girl, when she wants to be thought of as independant and capable of buying her own drinks...)

Her friend was buying her drinks... also she said she had no job, and no school.