What do you eat at work?

Guoy Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
At home it's easy to eat healthy. I can make sure I eat enough protein, fat, carbs, fruits and vegetables. But at work, where I'm most of the time during monday - friday I have less control over what I eat. I can't keep the food cool for long, because there is limited space in the fridge. And everybody just eats bread and it's weird if anybody starts to eat salads or raw vegetables all of a sudden.

When I read the diet schemes or advices from some of the hardcore fitness guru's :)up:) here it seems so difficult to eat those things at work.

So I was wondering, if you pay a lot of attention to what you eat, what do you guys eat at work? Shakes? Salads? Or just whatever they give you?

I'm 6'4" and 180 lbs. I want to gain more muscle and lose a little bit of fat around the waist. But overall I'm pretty skinny. I go to the gym twice a week. Any advice is welcome.

cheers guys.

Werman

Don Juan
Reaction score
What I do is bake an 8 oz chicken or turkey breast, steam some rice and some veggies, and throw it all in a tupperware tub. I take it to work and pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes, and there's my lunch. I also have a protein bar and some fruit for snacks.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to gain weight, I would focus on getting to a weight you are comfortable with while keeping fat in check (no becoming a lard ass) by using carb cutoffs and cardio- you can't gain optimally without cardio. Once you are at that weight, I would then focus on fat loss to a level you are comfortable with, doing so gradually- you can even put muscle on in this period just not as quickly.

When I was focusing on putting serious weight on this is what I'd bring to work for a period of 9-10 hours:

Meal 1 : 4 raw eggs, 2 scoops whey
Meal 2 : 3-4 sandwiches with lots of meat.
Meal 3 : Same as meal 1.

It worked!

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I let meat sit in tupperware all day outside of the fridge and somehow I manage not to be overcome by bacteria.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
I let meat sit in tupperware all day outside of the fridge and somehow I manage not to be overcome by bacteria.
I do the same. Been doing it for years. I swear I've built up a resistance to stuff that makes other people sick.

To OP:

For the past month I've been taking a couple of apples and a large portion of pinto beans with ground turkey.

For the months before that I'd take a couple of apples, a cucumber, a couple of carrots, a tomatoe, and a cup of wheat pasta.

Before that I'd take some shredded chicken on a torilla and some apples.

Before that I'd take a couple of eggs and 2 pounds of grapes.

I try to take enough food to eat every couple of hours. Apples and carrots are the most convienient with a larger portion of something more solid for the "main" lunch.

Werman

Don Juan
Reaction score
When you guys eat raw eggs, what stores are best to buy from and how do you select them? I got a bacterial infection from eating raw eggs...

ksmith798

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to keep it simple, some stuff I bring are ham and turkey on wheat, frozen mixed veggies if you do have access to a fridge, oatmeal, any kind of fruit, fat-free cottage cheese, tuna, and a bag of almonds that I snack on.