What do I do?

kevin1198

Don Juan
Reaction score
The same girl in my last post found out her boyfriend of one year cheated on her. Well apparently she likes me but the problem is she hasn't broken up with her boyfriend yet. She told me that he gives her a lot of excuses and that she feels sorry for him.

This girl is super cute and I'd like to date. Her friend (who is also mine) told me that they were passing notes and she said that I was her type blah blah.

So what do I do? am i just being used or do you think she actually would rather be with me than that other guy?

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^That.

If her boyfriend cheated on her, all she needs is for you to kiss her, for you to do SOMETHING, so that she has the green light to leave him. She just wants to know she'll have someone else that cares about her if they break up.

It's a ticking clock, the cheating can only work as a break up excuse for a short time. GO.

kevin1198

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn you guys are right. it's already been close to two weeks and We wont get to see each other until school in 3 days. Instead of waiting and making a move after a date, Should I just straight up kiss her in the hall? or kiss her on the cheek at school then go for a kiss after our trip to the gym?

kevin1198

Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE:

All right, this girl still hasnt broken up with her boyfriend (who cheated on her). Her friends are telling me she likes me but just wants to feel wanted and is attached to him. They told me to be patient since it was a 1 year long relationship.
Well I got tired of waiting so this past week I've been walking her to class and just talking the normal BS. I go to hold her hand and she rejects, of course because people would tell the BF.

Now I get uninterested, the next day I just go off an do my own thing she sees me talking to other girls. so maybe that will convince her to hurry up. I can't be having these everyday conversations, I'm running out of things to say and I'm not the most entertaining guy.

Am I just supposed to wait this one out or what? She shows all the signs of interest but I am confused as to what I should do to get her and escalate.

Pozitron

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Talk is cheap. Why talk so much and analyze so much?
Just try.. ask her out --> I'm interested. See how she responds and adapt.

What is it with this standing in line for a girl mentality, guys? I seriously doubt that... nevermind.. I wouldn't do it.

Here is a story for you: 3 years ago.. a friend was into this girl. She had a boyfriend. He became kind of a stalker and you know what he said to me one day:" I hope that sometime I will be on that list of hers".. the list of boyfriends. I find that sad.
Later she broke up with her bf. He went out with her ( didn't ask her out) and just hang out with her a couple of times. He made a grandious plan and told her how he felt. He was rejected of course and it was all over.

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kevin1198 said:
Now I get uninterested, the next day I just go off an do my own thing she sees me talking to other girls. so maybe that will convince her to hurry up. I can't be having these everyday conversations, I'm running out of things to say and I'm not the most entertaining guy.
Correct strategy.