What do I do about this?

Giantsfan88

Banned
Reaction score
I met a girl and went out a couple of times. I'm not gonna pass judgement on how these dates "went" because whether I had a good time or not is immaterial. I'm in an irritating situation because I disregarded the girl's interest level. i asked her out through text five days after our second time out and she responded that she had work on the said day. I didn't offer two potential days and I didn't say a specific time so I felt I had room to ask one more time which I now know is a HUGE MISTAKE. I called her on the phone like an overeager yet confident, smooth, and witty gangbuster and basically gave her no chance to say no. Fast forward a day before the set date and she texts me that's she's looking forward to seeing me and hopes the weather (we had a blizzard in my area) doesn't wreck our plans. It turns out it does just that and I call her to reschedule. Now I know that call was a big mistake because tomorrow is the set date and she hasn't sent her usual day before text. My eagerness literally made her disappear. I have other prospects but the principal of what I've done makes my gut kill me. How do I feel better about this?

nemz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Giantsfan88 said:
I met a girl and went out a couple of times. I'm not gonna pass judgement on how these dates "went" because whether I had a good time or not is immaterial. I'm in an irritating situation because I disregarded the girl's interest level. i asked her out through text five days after our second time out and she responded that she had work on the said day. I didn't offer two potential days and I didn't say a specific time so I felt I had room to ask one more time which I now know is a HUGE MISTAKE. I called her on the phone like an overeager yet confident, smooth, and witty gangbuster and basically gave her no chance to say no. Fast forward a day before the set date and she texts me that's she's looking forward to seeing me and hopes the weather (we had a blizzard in my area) doesn't wreck our plans. It turns out it does just that and I call her to reschedule. Now I know that call was a big mistake because tomorrow is the set date and she hasn't sent her usual day before text. My eagerness literally made her disappear. I have other prospects but the principal of what I've done makes my gut kill me. How do I feel better about this?
Stop caring (wasted energy) and wait till she reaches out, while you're doing that look for other potential women to date. Emotional control is what you need to focus on, a lot harder when there's only one woman on your mind and only you can change that - good luck!

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Watch The Super Bowl Halftime Show Sponsored By Pepsi

Giantsfan88 said:
I have other prospects but the principal of what I've done makes my gut kill me. How do I feel better about this?
Watch the halftime show. Hope and pray that Katy Perry has a "wardrobe malfunction," and one of those beautiful titties pops out. If that take doesn't happend, try to suck your own d*ck until you succeed.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just calm down. She hasn't even flaked yet. Be outcome independent. If she flakes, no worries. If she doesn't, still no worries.

LuckyStrike88

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are wait too much on your toes and over thinking this thing, women notice this. It's not about the mistake you made it's the mindset you have to change, be more relaxed don't overthink this much. You're acting like you are on your toes not to do a thing wrong, that makes her the queen. Let it go, you don't have to do everything right in fact taking the risk in losing her not doing it all perfect what you think is perfect but being relaxed and not having to get stressed over it actually increases your chances.

Giantsfan88

Banned
Reaction score
LuckyStrike88 said:
You are wait too much on your toes and over thinking this thing, women notice this. It's not about the mistake you made it's the mindset you have to change, be more relaxed don't overthink this much. You're acting like you are on your toes not to do a thing wrong, that makes her the queen. Let it go, you don't have to do everything right in fact taking the risk in losing her not doing it all perfect what you think is perfect but being relaxed and not having to get stressed over it actually increases your chances.
Maybe that's what did it...

Giantsfan88

Banned
Reaction score
I know I sound like a b1tch but I'm pissed off with myself and want to vent. I make this mistake so much. It's fvcking frustrating with the rest of my hectic as it is. She probably thinks I'm desperate now. Even though that's not actually the case and I'm just trying to not repeat another fvck up.

LuckyStrike88

Don Juan
Reaction score
Giantsfan88 said:
I know I sound like a b1tch but I'm pissed off with myself and want to vent. I make this mistake so much. It's fvcking frustrating with the rest of my hectic as it is. She probably thinks I'm desperate now. Even though that's not actually the case and I'm just trying to not repeat another fvck up.
I know this mindset I've been there, pissed off like you are. So stick to this.

Put yourself and your self respect on number one. Say and do what you want, don't hold back and get stressed and thinking about what she wants you to be. As soon as you feel weak it is a sign you are doing the wrong thing. You are on the right path when you do and say the things that make you feel strong good and relaxed, things that you instinctively fear to do out of fear losing her.

But when you do them, she will like you a lot and think you are a strong man with more options or she might walk away. That is the risk you need to take with any girl, it shows strength. And for you, do you really want to be on your toes stressed out if it is going to work out or not? You don't have to be when you do this, you need to have guts and go for all or nothing, there is no middle ground.

Firestar786

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if she didn't text

It's such a small thing to get worked up over lol

Continue and reschedule

I bet you'll end up boning her.

Giantsfan88

Banned
Reaction score
Something is definitely wrong if she didn't text like the past two dates. I feel like calling her on her bs but I'm not. I think it shows lack of sexual attraction on her part.

Giantsfan88

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe she didn't like our last phone convo. Like I just want to know with this girl so I don't fvck up again. I want to be the one who dumps

salinechow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like you are still too caught up in the outcome(takes one to know one sometimes). Listen to the advice above, even if you dont like it, it is good advice.

Giantsfan88

Banned
Reaction score
What makes you think this is male related? There still hasn't been an official flake at this point

Giantsfan88

Banned
Reaction score
I think I majorly lowered my value when I jumped to call her and ask her out after I asked her out a day ago through text and she didn't. The day before the date I postponed because of the weather, she texted me saying that she "hopes we could still chill tomorrow." The day after this I call her and lock down the day and time. We agree on Monday because the storm might be lingering on Wednesday (she suggests Wednesday to be a better idea). While I'm locking down a time, I notice her saying "5 or 6" but I asert "5" and she's like "you got it." Also, I assumed she was coming to my place (original plan) but I never restated that. For anyone that had the patience to read this, is this flaky behavior already? I just want to know and I'd rather speak my thoughts here.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maximus Rex said:
Watch the halftime show. Hope and pray that Katy Perry has a "wardrobe malfunction," and one of those beautiful titties pops out. If that take doesn't happend, try to suck your own d*ck until you succeed.
"Wardrobe malfunction" was pretty low on my list of wishes... more like, "Please make this stop immediately"