What Can I do about my small town?

seffabullut

Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in a small place so there are not many people.
Frankly, I tried a few clubs in the first year of school, but it was really boring. Now I can't go again.
I observed my surroundings a little. People go to surrounding cities every holiday. But since I live here, going for a day trip and staying there for 2 days means I won't be spending a lot of money as a student.

What do you think I can do in this situation? I have a few friends and I'm always in the same circle. Since the gym that people go to is far from me, I go to the one that is closer and I cannot find any social activities.

I'm at home all day. Actually, I don't get bored because I have hobbies, but if there is no social environment, it means there are no girls.

The funny thing is that all my friends' girlfriends are from other cities :D
Apart from a few really social people, there isn't much of anyone around.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to tailgate parties.
If it's in a small town, the whole town will be there.

If you can't find any, then you could always host a wet T-shirt in your backyard.

plumber

Don Juan
Reaction score
Make friends with some different men than you are currently hanging with. Be wise but a good friend. There are some circles, you have not been invited yet.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you work in this small town or commute somewhere else? If you're not currently working, maybe you could get a job in a bigger town or city. Then maybe you can build a social network from there. I hate commuting myself, I've never had to drive more than 10 minutes to work. I know people who drive nearly two hours each way though.

Learning Curve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in a small place so there are not many people.
Frankly, I tried a few clubs in the first year of school, but it was really boring. Now I can't go again.
I observed my surroundings a little. People go to surrounding cities every holiday. But since I live here, going for a day trip and staying there for 2 days means I won't be spending a lot of money as a student.

What do you think I can do in this situation? I have a few friends and I'm always in the same circle. Since the gym that people go to is far from me, I go to the one that is closer and I cannot find any social activities.

I'm at home all day. Actually, I don't get bored because I have hobbies, but if there is no social environment, it means there are no girls.

The funny thing is that all my friends' girlfriends are from other cities :D
Apart from a few really social people, there isn't much of anyone around.
Relocate.

People should relocate more and experiment.

Do it, and see where you are at in the next 18 months. Choose a city that has a good social life or you will be miserable.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone that comes from a small town my teen years were some of the best of my life

Having a close knit year group in school was an amazing experience everyone knew everyone and we would often spend evenings and weekends together

Once people started growing up a lot left for university or to go travelling , I didn't I stayed and again it was nice going out on the town on a Saturday night and seeing people you knew

Then by about 22 I was bored senseless of seeing the same people and my attitude entirely changed.....I actually started resenting seeing the same faces and being involved in petty drama

I should have left the UK then but instead I locked myself away for 2 years basically doing absolutely nothing eventually I met a girl and fell into a 4 year LTR by the time that wrapped up I was nearly 30

I finally moved to another city at 30 spent about 18 months there and realised it wasn't much better

Then earlier this year I decided to overhaul my life and move to Australia

I'm 32 now and my energy and mental fortitude are not what they once were..... theres still some fight left in me but deep down I know I should have done this move 10 years ago and life would be hell of a lot different now

You want my advice........... Get on a flight tomorrow you'll go back in 10 years and NOTHING will have changed

crowolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's very simple - if you want to meet women, leave your small town and leave your house more often.