What are some friendzone signs

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
Idk my friends kept telling me to ask her out and ****, but she's a busy girl. I thought she liked me because she kept giving me signs, so lol idk. I asked if she was busy one weekend but it was the holidays and I asked her if she was busy again and she said she had to hang out with her friend. I know she wasn't lying though. I should have asked better I guess lol. Since school was out I was debating on whether to ask her again since she can't be that busy during the summer. There's a lot of history, but I don't feel like explaining it.

ohnoes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you just save yourself the trouble and make a move on her and see what happens?

ohnoes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well in that case since she is out of school, summer is a perfect time to ask her out. If she likes you, she will give you face time. Once you are one on one with her, you are going to have to make a move to she whether she likes you in a romantic or platonic way.

Rejection is better than REGRET so go for it bro!

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
Well I was thinking of waiting 1 or two more weeks before I texted her. I haven't texted her since last Friday btw. I was just going to open with a hey and than say we should definitely do something this summer. If I get a yes I'll just tell her I'll just text her whenever to express my dominance.

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
She keeps her back to you the ENTIRE time she's grinding you in the club. (She's essentially avoiding a makeout and scanning the room for taller and hotter sausage).
This is a HUGE one I ignored from my "girlfriend".

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JPlaya said:
Idk my friends kept telling me to ask her out and ****, but she's a busy girl. I thought she liked me because she kept giving me signs, so lol idk. I asked if she was busy one weekend but it was the holidays and I asked her if she was busy again and she said she had to hang out with her friend. I know she wasn't lying though. I should have asked better I guess lol. Since school was out I was debating on whether to ask her again since she can't be that busy during the summer. There's a lot of history, but I don't feel like explaining it.
Read the 2 strikes rule in my signature. Stop complicating yourself.

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
but I can't help she had **** to dos, but I did ask her in the middle of a storm

mahoney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the main thing to understand about "friendzone" is - it isn't the girl that puts you there, you put yourself there with your own behavior, she merely confirms it

Look at your ACTUAL friends (male or female). how are they with you and how are you with them - hanging out, fun, easy, do stupid stuff, its relaxed, you don't worry about how you act, right?

Now look at the girl you are in the so called "friendzone" with - is it like the above? NO. you want to show you are caring, that you will listen, that you are a "good guy" - all the things real actual regular friends don't do. You don't act naturally, you are trying too hard to seem "worthy", and...you aren't fun or relaxed or a laugh. this makes it obvious that you have put the girl on a pedastal (friends don't put each other on pedastals)

the girl sees all this and says LJBF but she doesn't really mean this in particular, because you're not acting like regular friends at all - she just means "i can tell you are kind of being a bit intense about me when you don't even know me, and you are kind of being a bit heavy about it. you really aren't that much fun" - because you aren't fun!

dudes them try and get out of this "friendzone" but they're not even friends in the first place, not natural regular friends, it isn't possible when one pedastals the other

healthy relationships AND healthy friendships rely on people seeing each other as equals, not having ulterior motives, being easy and fun to be with (no weird unspoken pressure to be something else). Thats when you are actual friends, and not this "friendzone" things

Loads of people sleep with their friends - friends are fun and easy people to be around, it happens more than you might think. some girls ive been friends with for ages and never thought about in that way, it can easily happen

this isn't "friendzone" - friendzone isn't you being friends with a girl - its when you are overly attentive and make a girl feel uncomfortable - actual friends would never do that

FortunateSon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a very close female friend and she has no problem touching me, having banter with me, arguing with me, flirting with me and she texts me pretty much everyday and she'll ring me too. Hell she fancies me rotten but will not get with me because I am heading off to the Army soon.

My point is the whole friend-zone concept is all in your mind. It is very possible to get with a woman who is your friend at some point in your life. It doesn't always happen, but it can so never rule out anything.

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
Well we are friends, but not close friends. Idk, I'm not feeling it anymore, I might ***** out and not ask. People say I'm good looking and rip, but i"m kind of insecure.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are overthinking all that friendzone crap and how one should care or not care too much. Friends actually do care and do listen to each other- that's why they are friends, the feeling of easiness and fun comes from having no particular interest in sex or any other commodity. All this friendzone thing is about her not wanting anything from you ( maybe attention in some cases)- no sexual desire at all, nor boost in social status, nor money. You on the other hand, want something more, the ulterior motive is there and she can sense it. Easy as pie. If the sexual component is missing- you are only good to be her associate. Thus friendzone is not a legit thing, it's a conflict of interests.

Last edited: