What are some friendzone signs

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
1) If she uses the word "nice" to describe you. "You are nice". "That was nice of you". "You are the nicest guy!"
2) If she uses the word "friend" and you in the same sentence.
3) If she never touches you.
4) If she talks about other guys when she is with you.
5) If she doesn't hold eye contact when she is speaking with you.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Could be fvck buddy, but it's in the middle somewhere.

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Buddy's no good. Also, her not teasing you at all is not a good sign.

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
Well she's only called me a buddy like twice, so I hope it ain't bad

pipe007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she gets uncomfortable or moves away if you get close to her personal space, or try to touch her in a non friendly way.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-She avoids any topic close to sex or intimacy.

-She doesnt mind showing you ugly physical sides of her

-She makes fun of what you say

-She doesnt consider you able to get women and has no problem telling you

-worse of all,she leads and suggest to do the opposite of what you propose
and in her plans you have a secondary role

Just imagine how a sister deal with her 10yrs old brother,unpleasable to say but usually women don't have a great esteem
of friendzoned friends or orbiters,they seem to fail to see them as men in most of the cases.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This entire thread makes me uncomfortable because its all so true. Everybody's been there and reading this stuff makes me go ooh, ouch, damn, that hurt! :rolleyes:

I'll add another one:

If you feel like you're trying everything imaginable to "get her" and its not working, you're a friend.

DeeperGame

Don Juan
Reaction score
Typical sign is:

Responding well to rapport seeking vocal tonality and getting uncomfortable around neutral tonality(breaking rapport).

It's because she sees you as a girlfriend and then you go getting all sexual and she gets cognitive dissonance from it.

Either that or she'll friendlykino you, like pat you on the shoulder when you touch her butt, kiss you on the cheeck when you do kissclose routine etc.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
JPlaya said:
So what if I haven't had any of these signs yet?
That's good, but this is not an exhaustive list. There are many, many signs of friendzone.

If you would like to know if you are in friendzone with a particular chick, we need more information. We would need some history such as when you met her, what the conversations have been like or about, whether you made any moves on her and how she reacted, etc.

There are several guys on here that are good are figuring that out. Igetit especially comes to mind.

I'm not an expert on this, but have been friendzoned enough times to be able to help.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The biggest one of all, I'd say, is you're so unsure that you have to make a thread about it. You probably already know.

Whatever this is/was, its not what you want it to be anymore.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forty0ztoFreedom said:
The biggest one of all, I'd say, is you're so unsure that you have to make a thread about it. You probably already know.

Whatever this is/was, its not what you want it to be anymore.
Great point. Can't disagree with any of that.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JPlaya said:
So what if I haven't had any of these signs yet?
Looks good. But you know what the ultimate, "for sure you're in the FZ" sign is? A LJBF/denial response to closing.

There's only one way to find out for sure, my friend. ;)

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no set rule for "friendzones".

But there are things to watch out for. For example, the usually the longer you wait (2 months, 3 months+) your chance slowly diminishes. However this IS NOT an ironclad rule.

If your hanging out or talking to her all the fvcking time and you haven't done anything sexual.

Flaking. Most girls in this universe will never say an outright NO to a guy's face in fear of hurting him. So they do a form of "soft rejection". This is done usually by CONSTANT flaking. Or whenever you try to get alone with her, she is magically with another friend so you two are NEVER alone. Many guys interpret the girl not directly saying NO as she's playing hot and cold when in reality it could be farther from the truth. Everything about her besides words is saying get away from me. That's why we look at actions not words.