What appearance change increased the attention you got from women the most?

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#1: I lost 80 pounds.

#2: Let me hair grow.

#3: Clean shaved look.

#4: Learned how to dress.

All in the span of a year... haven't looked back since.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jay07 said:
FALSE. Judge me all you want but i took a cycle of epistane/hadrol and gained 18 lbs of mass in 4 weeks. Dont believe me? Do it yourself or do some research. And that was an anabolic.

Its all body type. 2lbs a month is realistic, but add supplements and you will notice gains within weeks.

The problem is most dudes cant stay in the gym long enough or dont know how to put mass on. Diet is key, along with hitting all muscke groups, not just chest and biceps
Preach.

@Zarky: That is most definitely true.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Hairstyle.

Spiking my hair in front took me from 28 yo virgin to 8 lays.

Now the front is too thin to spike up. It was great while it lasted lol.

Dressing well and working out helped too. But overall, I say that optimizing your hairstyle (if possible) gives the most bang for the buck or most return for least effort.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have numbers with which to quantify, but if I lay off the weights for a while (like right now, as I had a broken back fixed 8 weeks ago), and then I start up again, for the first two or three weeks my gains are massive. I mean seemingly impossible in scope. My friends have all commented on this, to the tune of expressing disbelief even thought they're looking right at me. They only say that I'm one of those rare cases. There always exists extremes on any scale, so I would say there are a handful of people who can put on prodigious amounts of muscle in a short period of time.

That's not to say the poster who claims rapid growth actually attained it in the time frame he mentioned (I have no reason to either disbelieve him or believe him), but there must be a fringe of people who can do it. I suppose I'm close to that fringe, along with the "lunatic fringe" that has been immortalized in song, but that's another post.

I lose it equally quickly. I'm no expert in physiology by any means, but when I start lifting, I'm seeing and feeling real muscle developing, and the fat and water burning off. After 3 or 4 weeks I reach a plateau that's mighty hard to overcome, but on the plateau I look pretty darn good.

Submitted FWIW, which is probably not a heck of a lot since it's simply anecdotal.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to name the one thing that increased attention:

Two things... First, my bold glasses. That alone caused women to smile at me much more. Second, I just started a goatee going after surgery. I'm getting chicks complementing me right and left about that.

In my youth, my claim to fame was my hair. It was long and curly, and old women would actually have to touch it and run their fingers through it...seriously! I can't count how many times I would be bending over a machine, fixing it, when I would feel some older woman touching my hair. They would always say, "Such beautiful hair! It's too bad this is wasted on a boy...", meaning that girls would kill to have naturally curly hair like that.

Unfortunately for me I kept that long hair for far longer than it was stylish, sort of stuck in the 70s era. Now I'm clean-cut.

Thank you, gentlemen, for allowing this old timer to wag his tongue for a minute about his youth.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1.) weight gain into muscle mass (going from slim fit at 5'11, 165lbs to 180-185lbs people really noticed and liked it)
2.) style of clothing
3.) Jewelery such as my necklace, ear ring, multiple pairs of glasses and nice watches. Their a hint of flashy and sleek as i like to stand out but not be obnoxious.

TheWolfMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to drink a decent amount, hit up the bars a lot, etc. Anyway I got fed up with that lifestyle and disappeared focused on hitting the gym, my job, and even bought a mountain bike that I trail ride with. Anyway I ran into a girl that I hadn't seen in a while and she looks and me and goes "Holy ****, when did this happen" I'm like idk just been hittin the gym hard. Also having clothes that fit right and compliment your body type can work wonders. I'm not a fan of spending a ton of money on clothes, I just buy whens that actually "fit" me and are comfortable.

TheWolfMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
In regards to OP, I would say that if you have previously not been into working out and decide to get into it this will probably be the most dramatic change compared to haircut and clothes. With that being said, whenever I grow my hair out and get it cut short, I've had people say that they didn't recognize me.

TheWolfMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I also agree with AAAgent, on the whole piece of flare thing. I'm not a huge fan of jewelry, but I do have one of my ears pierced I'll usually rock some type of masculine earring or something to help me stand out in a social environment.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some things that have had an effect:

- A beard. Back in the day I thought that "perfect stubble" was key, but it seems like girls really like the bearded me. They think it's rugged, "manly." I still think I look better with the stubble, but hey what do I know?

- Nice clothes. I have fancy taste in clothes. I notice little details. My buddies look at a shirt I got for 50 bucks and think I'm an idiot, but girls really do notice better quality stuff. Back in the day I used to think nice clothes = flashy looking clothes. Not true. A really well-fitting, slate colored t-shirt will get you more glances than some "fancy" (i.e. ill-fitting and gaudy) blazer.

- An understated watch. What I like about wearing a watch is that it gives people an EXCUSE to compliment you. They already want to, but they can't just say "HEY I WANNA BANG YOU." So instead you get "nice watch."

BeastofBizarre

Reaction score
Having my beard neatly groomed. It scared women in high school, but it does add something elegant my appearance, giving sort of a "Most Interesting Man in the World" quality. A lot of guys with facial hair around my age have neckbeards, patchy beards or those stupid chin straps.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jay07 said:
FALSE. Judge me all you want but i took a cycle of epistane/hadrol and gained 18 lbs of mass in 4 weeks. Dont believe me? Do it yourself or do some research. And that was an anabolic.

Its all body type. 2lbs a month is realistic, but add supplements and you will notice gains within weeks.

The problem is most dudes cant stay in the gym long enough or dont know how to put mass on. Diet is key, along with hitting all muscke groups, not just chest and biceps
Lololol. Like I said before, all that mass, even on roids, would not be pure muscle. Even the pros dont put on pure muscle like that. Man, Id love to see you guys get laughed out of the bodybuilding.com forums.
ProDJ26 said:
How about something the majority dont have? A set of perfect white teeth. Sure adding lbs of muscle gets attention but nothing beats a set of perfect pearly whites
Yeah nice teeth are helpful as Ive seen it work for others. I have super straight teeth thanks to braces, but they arent the whitest =/. Ill fix that once I have a little cash.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
I don't have numbers with which to quantify, but if I lay off the weights for a while (like right now, as I had a broken back fixed 8 weeks ago), and then I start up again, for the first two or three weeks my gains are massive.
I've experienced this as well. I believe this is something that is called "muscle memory". If you take a break from lifting and you lose muscle, then start back up again, it's like your body "remembers" your former state, and then helps to reform it. It's like your body recognizes the demands that are being put on it, and works to meet those demands.

I'd say it's easier to put on muscle that you've had and lost, than it is to put on an amount of muscle that you've never had before (like the plateau you talked about).

As for attraction, I find a fresh haircut helps. I can get a little lazy about getting a haircut, so if I'm torward the end of the six week cycle, or if I let it go too long, and it starts looking shabby, I'll notice a decrease in women checking me out. But once I get it cut, I become visible again, lol.
Also, I notice that if you dress better, people tend to treat you better, females included.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Couple more:

GLASSES can illicit a whole new look.

WHITENED TEETH make a HUGE difference. STRAIGHT, CLEAN teeth are a NECESSITY.
Agree with the glasses point. Though some folks may think its dumb, Ive rocked clear lenses in the past. Usually the thick black frames like Rivers Cuomo of Weezer wears. Id wear them on occassion to add variety to my look. If I ever do it again though, I will probably get a pair of glasses that look more like regular eye glasses. But the kind that dont have framing on the bottom side of the lenses.

And regarding the teeth point...I really need to hit the dentist for whitening of a couple of my teeth. Two of my teeth are more off white and bordering on a dullish grey due to having had root canals in those two in my younger years. For those who dont know, when you get a root canal, they remove the nerve from your traumatized tooth. Thus in reality the tooth is dead...so a dead tooth wont have the same coloring as the rest of your teeth over time. Itll lose its luster as time passes, and regular store bought whitening wont work on such a tooth. I need either internal bleaching of the tooth (they put gel inside the tooth for a day), or I need to get veneers or something if the internal bleaching doesnt work.

But Im all in agreement with Espi. I tend to get compliments for having such straight teeth, but not the same compliments from several years ago. Back then Id get comments on how white, perfect, and straight my teeth wore. I still get compliments here and there on having nice teeth, but I notice the difference in comments. Most people say they dont notice the difference in color of my root-canaled teeth to my other teeth, but we can be our own worst critics sometimes.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I forgot to add the fact that I always used to wear glasses.

Going on 2 weeks with contact lenses, and a few of my plates agree that by far I look better and manlier without contact lenses.

Someone else mentioned posture. MY personal trainer has been helping me with that for a few weeks and it makes a difference as well.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
I don't have numbers with which to quantify, but if I lay off the weights for a while (like right now, as I had a broken back fixed 8 weeks ago), and then I start up again, for the first two or three weeks my gains are massive. I mean seemingly impossible in scope. My friends have all commented on this, to the tune of expressing disbelief even thought they're looking right at me. They only say that I'm one of those rare cases. There always exists extremes on any scale, so I would say there are a handful of people who can put on prodigious amounts of muscle in a short period of time.

That's not to say the poster who claims rapid growth actually attained it in the time frame he mentioned (I have no reason to either disbelieve him or believe him), but there must be a fringe of people who can do it. I suppose I'm close to that fringe, along with the "lunatic fringe" that has been immortalized in song, but that's another post.

I lose it equally quickly. I'm no expert in physiology by any means, but when I start lifting, I'm seeing and feeling real muscle developing, and the fat and water burning off. After 3 or 4 weeks I reach a plateau that's mighty hard to overcome, but on the plateau I look pretty darn good.

Submitted FWIW, which is probably not a heck of a lot since it's simply anecdotal.
it's body types

i actually went to the doctor this morning. I"m exactly 173 pounds. here is the thing. 160 of that is lean mass per the big expensive machine they have. i'm a ****ing short tank lol. there is absolutely no doubt in my mind if i ate like i wanted to gain weight by the end of September that 160 would be about 175. i put on muscle extremely easily.

on the flip side, getting down to that little fat was one of hte hardest things i've ever had to do. my body does everything in it's power to not burn fat. i had to resort to basically wind sprints up hill 5 days a week to get the fat off and eating 100% clean 6 days a week. i once went about 2 months doing an hour in the morning and and an hour in the afternoon doing LIIT and maybe lose 2 pounds lol.

it just depends on your body type more than anything. my wife who is tall and skinny and can eat a cake and lose a pound could not put on 15 pounds of muscle if her life depended on it without roids or some **** like that. on the other hand i can't LOSE 15 pounds without going to extreme measures.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hygiene and manscaping. I'm not into the metro but defintely cleaning up and making sure there's congruency in my style and hygiene/manscaping. If you screw up in any of thsoe three your chances diminish to near zero if not zero.

No point in looking fashionable with bad breath or bad teeth or looking unkempt. Plus it boosts confidence because you don't have to worry about that aspect of the game. That way if something goes wrong you can point to your game itself.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's about body types. Ectomorph, Endomorph, and Mesomorph.

Ectomorph is typically skinny and lanky. Harder to gain weight and harder to keep it.

Endomorph is a bit chubby and on the heavier side. Easy to gain weight and easy to keep it.

Mesomorph is a combination of the 2. This is the "ideal" body type.

jay07

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Lololol. Like I said before, all that mass, even on roids, would not be pure muscle. Even the pros dont put on pure muscle like that. Man, Id love to see you guys get laughed out of the bodybuilding.com forums.Yeah nice teeth are helpful as Ive seen it work for others. I have super straight teeth thanks to braces, but they arent the whitest =/. Ill fix that once I have a little cash.
You have absolutely no idea on what youre talking about, and all of us are now a little dumber because of you.

"even on roids its not pure muscle" lolololol. Google epistane, body type, and diet. Your welcome.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I've experienced this as well. I believe this is something that is called "muscle memory". If you take a break from lifting and you lose muscle, then start back up again, it's like your body "remembers" your former state, and then helps to reform it. It's like your body recognizes the demands that are being put on it, and works to meet those demands.

I'd say it's easier to put on muscle that you've had and lost, than it is to put on an amount of muscle that you've never had before (like the plateau you talked about).

[snip]

Also, I notice that if you dress better, people tend to treat you better, females included.
Makes sense to me, Zek. I also agree on the clothing. I've always said, those old, over-used sayings still have truth to them: "Clothing makes the man".

Clothing is the male analog for female makeup, IMO. When a man shows that he has paid even just a tiny amount of attention to his style and appearance, he rises above 99.9% of the competition.

Watch when a woman checks a man out:
1) Checks the eyes
2) Checks the shoes and works her way up.
3) Wristwatch

It's ALL about shoes, gentlemen. Women are absolutely obsessed about shoes, and men don't realize that this applies to men's shoes too. Watch a woman check a guy out and you will see her eyes go right to the shoes. I can't tell you how many times women have complemented me on my shoes. They don't have to be expensive, either. Just clean & stylish. Again, if your shoes are clean & stylish, you're already massively ahead of the competition.

But clothing is a modern man's suit of armor. Why not walk around with a polished, shiny suit of armor? I have always maintained that decent clothing can cover a multitude of sins when it comes to natural appearance.

You can control all the women in the room like a boss if you are dressed above the other men and if you have one woman as social proof to lubricate the attraction machinery.