What about getting revenge on the girl?

Demystify

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know you're supposed to ignore the girl and get over her, but what if getting some sort of revenge on her aids in getting over her? It's not like I'd keep on bothering her after the revenge. The revenge would help to cope with her rejection and her being such a b*tch to me. What do you guys think?

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Revenge never helps you get over someone; it just helps massage your ego. It will be just as hard to get over her as if you didn't do anything mean to her. Revenge is a d!ck move. Just get over it and move on.

EDIT: Also if you need to attack other people to prop yourself up then you have personal problems that you should be dealing with and working on. Your emotions shouldn't be that dependent upon the actions/feelings of others. That is why it is a d!ck move.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demystify said:
I know you're supposed to ignore the girl and get over her, but what if getting some sort of revenge on her aids in getting over her? It's not like I'd keep on bothering her after the revenge. The revenge would help to cope with her rejection and her being such a b*tch to me. What do you guys think?
I think we should phone the police. If you get that upset and want to get revenge on a girl who wasn't attracted to you and didn't want to go out with you, what would you do if she told you even worse? Rape her? Kill her?

Instead of improving your life and working on creating a product that will help mankind, you are putting your energy into hurting this girl. Not good.

Proselytiser

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all right........ if u have a good time!
How would you feel if some fatass warpig got revenge on you because you weren't interested in her? Not calling you a fatass warpig dude just that people are free to choose who they do and don't want to pursue a sexual/romantic relationship with.

If it is a relationship that she broke off then GameTime's response is the best

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
revenge is for fags, douchebags, and women.

If you get revenge on her, she knows she made the right choice by getting away from from you. If you ignore her, and be cordial and nice to her if you run into her, she will ALWAYS wonder if she fvcked up by letting you go. ALL my ex's kicked themselves after letting me go. They all want me back, and I moved on. Thats the best revenge you can do.

Of course, one girl screwed me over around xmas, once, and it felt pretty good when I blew a load in every pair of panties she owned. Thats not really revenge so much, cuz I didnt tell her, and it was harmless. I wanted to deliver in plain package, a copy of our homemade sex tape to the guy she left me for, but I resisted. That would have been lame. keep it as a fantasy, it works better, and you can preserve your dignity.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Revenge is a weapon of the weak. The only way to really get revenge on anybody is to be happy and successful in your life and to show that you don't need their approval.

Remy

Don Juan
Reaction score
GameTime76 said:
The best revenge is living well.
This. Dont even bother. You're better than here, prove this by not stooping to such low levels.

ThatMysteriousGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Demystify said:
No, that's very weak and feeds on itself.

Internal frame of reference, not external. Without fixing that you'll always be an emotional basketcase.

And, everyone who replied so far had good input and advice.

Well, except for r0cky, he'll just get all his stuff stolen, his cars keyed, and his pets murdered by girls in the future if he keeps that crap up....and that's all that will happen if he's really lucky, otherwise he'll get set up to get in a fight and get arrested as well as other "fun" stuff. And, you will as well Demystify if you keep this sort of attitude.

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Revenge? Revenge is for villains...don't you pay attention when you watch movies?

The hero steals the villain's girls btw.

DJ_Tekinkel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont do revenge, itll just bite you in the arse.

I have a best mate ( who i now question our friendship ) because he goes PSYCHO basically at trying to get revenge and making their life miserable. Sending hate emails, sms and stirring lies into heads.

It pisses me off and its so immature. Why cant you just let them get on with their lives and yours to. Thank them for the lesson learnt bad/good. and move on.

It's immature, beta, weak, retarded, unnecessary, when you plot revenge. I hate it, and disagree witha nyone who tries to do it.

Get your head straight and stop making others lives miserable cause YOU are miserable.

Oh wow just thinking about it makes my blood boil...

btw not angry at you, just angry at the way people act when they cant handle situations - and resort to emotional unlogical sabotage

ThatMysteriousGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the Mood said:
Revenge? Revenge is for villains...don't you pay attention when you watch movies?

The hero steals the villain's girls btw.
Very true.

But, for some reason when I read that the following popped into my head
http://www.filmsquish.com/guts/files/images/james-bond-goldfinger.jpg

That's ok, DJ Bond got over it.

PS: DJ_Tekinkel also posted some good info and perspective on this major hurdle in personal development you have to overcome Demystify.

This whole thread should be saved to your desktop and then printed out for you to put in your wallet and read a few times a day until you "get it".

Also, I'd like to add, WHEN YOU FOCUS YOUR ENERGY ON NEGATIVE, YOUR MIND SWITCHES TO SEEING REALITY IN A NEGATIVE WAY IN GENERAL.