What $20 buys in 2015

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I took my girlfriend (age 22) on a 3 day vacation to Boston. Here is what some things cost:

1) Two vodka soda with lime plus tip at Langham hotel - $30.
2) Taxi ride to Fenway Park plus tip - $25.
3) Two tickets behind home plate - $110.
4) Two Fenway Franks plus $3 tip - $25.
5) Two Baseball caps - $60.
6) Two Bud Light bottles at Fenway plus $3 tip - $21.
7) One Lobster Roll at market price at Legal Seafood that we shared - $27.95 plus tip - $35.
8) Large Pepperoni Pizza (and water to drink) plus 20% tip at Pizzeria Regina - $25. (Best value).
9) Two martinis at Bond plus tip - $38.
10) Bikini and flip flops at Marshall's - $50.
11) Two burgers delivered room service - $68.
12) Half bottle of wine from hotel - $22.

As you can see, $20 buys NOTHING. Except maybe coffee and a donut, or a tip for a homeless veteran. And yet some of you actually pretend you spend $20 for a whole date? Not one she'll remember.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you spent around $500 on one girl over the course of three days...

Gusaldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
I took my girlfriend (age 22) on a 3 day vacation to Boston. Here is what some things cost:

7) One Lobster Roll at market price at Legal Seafood that we shared - $27.95 plus tip - $35.
8) Large Pepperoni Pizza (and water to drink) plus 20% tip at Pizzeria Regina - $25. (Best value).

As you can see, $20 buys NOTHING. Except maybe coffee and a donut, or a tip for a homeless veteran. And yet some of you actually pretend you spend $20 for a whole date? Not one she'll remember.
Coffee and donuts would cost you less than $10. $30 buys you a large pizza and beer. Tickets behind the plate at Fenway Park cost way more than $110. Looks like you overpayed too much for her food. The amount of money you spend means nothing.

BeenLaiden

Banned
Reaction score
bigneil said:

So you're trying to impress random strangers on a message board with how much you spent on a stripper you dated that you tried to impress by tricking?

Whats next you buy her weeks groceries and pay her months rent so she never forgets how special you are?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
Money is irrelevant to how much she'll remember a date. What matters is how you make her feel during the date. I'll bet she would get just as good memories if not BETTER ones chasing her through a park and throwing grass in her hair. As long as she's laughing and having fun during the whole thing, you're golden.

Lobster? Alcohol? A baseball game? Are you throwing money at entertainment because you cannot be entertaining?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends where you live. $20 still gets you plenty in a lot of places including where I live. The bigger the city, the bigger the salaries and the more everything costs. In the end, many times, you'd actually have more disposable income in a smaller city with a lower salary and a hell of a lot less frustration with morning and evening commutes.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ruler said:
You paid for her clothing on a vacation? Come on man you know better.
Actually he doesn't. He gets his women by showering them with money.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Look at the Bolded

bigneil said:
He said girlfriend. Not some random chick, but his girlfriend. So I have to ask, how long have you been with her? I (as would anybody else on this board,) wouldn't have a problem with doing this with a chick that you've been in a long term relationship with, (actually it's kinda cool,) but then again you're demeaning others when it comes to their frugality because you're insecure about your incessant need to trick and you have to justify it.

Here take the Rex challenge if you dare. Find a quiet location, pack a lunch, bring a blanket, and a bottle of wine. I willing to bet that ole girl would enjoy the picnic just as much or more so than the trip to Fenway. If she doesn't then you have to re-evaluate your relationship and consider dropping ole girl.

Reaction score
in the Phills, if you gave her $200 per month, it would be more than she could make working 50 hour weeks. I'm serious as a heart attack.

yun-j

Don Juan
Reaction score
If the guy writing the post enjoyed it all had a nice time what is the problem? If I had his money I'd do the same.

Zapp Brannigan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NOTHINGS ever good enough for $20. You want puzzy you've gotta spend spend spend. So what if you spend $100s on a single date? You've gotta spend upwards of $300 a month for real, QUALITY woman.

We all know money is key to getting women. You have to talk about it constantly, spend like crazy, and shower her with materialistic delights.

...money can get women, but not ones that you'd want. Maybe some of us who take women out on cheap dates are actually with descent women.

yun-j

Don Juan
Reaction score
The guy writing the message is 45 and the girlfriend is 22 years old. I always thought with huge age gaps, the man is paying for it in one way or other. I don't think there is any other way in all honesty for most old men.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zapp Brannigan said:
NOTHINGS ever good enough for $20. You want puzzy you've gotta spend spend spend. So what if you spend $100s on a single date? You've gotta spend upwards of $300 a month for real, QUALITY woman.

We all know money is key to getting women. You have to talk about it constantly, spend like crazy, and shower her with materialistic delights.

...money can get women, but not ones that you'd want. Maybe some of us who take women out on cheap dates are actually with descent women.
Bullish!t.

I know guys who are unemployed or working barely above minimum wage jobs that have doctors, lawyers and other professional women who pay for everything and who can't get enough of them.

If you can make a woman feel the same way she feels when she has a guy spending money on her or with a guy that has status or any other trait women like in men, then you don't actually need ANY of those things.

You know who has to spend tons of money on women? Dudes with no game.

yun-j

Don Juan
Reaction score
marmel75 said:
I know guys who are unemployed or working barely above minimum wage jobs that have doctors, lawyers and other professional women who pay for everything and who can't get enough of them.
How old are these guys and how old are the girls? The guy writing the post is 45 and he is dating a 22 year old. I don't know any old guys with young girls unless money is involved.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
6) Two Bud Light bottles at Fenway plus $3 tip - $21
So... I can sort of understand just handing over an even $20 and saying f*ck it, keep the change... but you spent $21 with the tip. So you actually went out of your way to give the person ripping you even more money. But... why? lol

You could have probably saved 30-40% off your entire list just by not ordering room service and repeatedly buying overpriced sh*t. You're basically just throwing money away... then complaining about how expensive everything is :crazy:

Zapp Brannigan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
marmel75 said:
Bullish!t.

If you can make a woman feel the same way she feels when she has a guy spending money on her or with a guy that has status or any other trait women like in men, then you don't actually need ANY of those things.

You know who has to spend tons of money on women? Dudes with no game.
I was being sarcastic in that post, and see things the same way that you do. The last sentence in that post showed that I was joking.

All of the dudes who are out rambling on about money, cars, and frivilous things see that it can attract women. But they don't realize it only attracts bad b**ches, but since it can attract puzzy, they don't think anything of it. From what I've seen the guys who are like this are AFC douches who think they know everything, and make a fool of themselves infront of any woman who isn't a golddigging wh0re.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One dollar, the price of a condom, and an invitation to your house are all you need.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zapp Brannigan said:
You've gotta spend upwards of $300 a month for real, QUALITY woman.
Please define quality for us. Is that a woman with "rules," who doesn't follow her desires/heart? That's the worst kind.

Perhaps change "quality" to "compatibility," and change "$300" to "$0."