Well, this is a first

6stringer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never told her it was due to the fam. Just that I couldn't make it. She hardly caught me in a lie, and I didn't feel like I was lying. Given the options available to me, I preferred to do something else. As for her saying her fam wouldn't be there, she said it before I refused.. So there was no. "change of mind" on my part.

6stringer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Peaks and Valleys hits it on the head.. with one minor quibble- although you are right that not calling her out for lying was a beta move I should have caught (honestly my mind was just exhasuted by that point) I tink her problem was most definitely the fams reaction to me.
I work at a hospital with a lot of Filipinos, and I asked them today, and they almost all said the same thing- family is VERY important and in the culture meeting the family and having your bf accepted by them is extremely important.
Despite our quick hookup she was obviously looking for LTR. So she was playing me as "just dating" and meanwhile setting me up for TR consideration. Maybe sensing if she approached ltr topic this early I would walk, she chose to lie.
I also asked my friends if they think a typical fillipina family would like me, they all laughed. They said what they wanted to see was someone who worshipped thier daughter and tried to impress them and showed he had serious intentions with her.
YEah, It's what PeaksandValley said.

6stringer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Silence is always the path....
S she just sent me a very long text. Essentially, she was embarassed about what she did, and wrote an apology.
She says she did it because she just wanted to see me, and that once I got there she'd find a way for us to get away from them, but that once I got there she couldn't figure out how to be alone without making it weird. Admits it was a stupid thing to do and that she knew I was angry so she was scared to reach out and embarrassed

Haven't responded.. suggestions?
For the record, the goal is to make her a plate, not an ltr.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6stringer said:
Silence is always the path....
S she just sent me a very long text. Essentially, she was embarassed about what she did, and wrote an apology.
She says she did it because she just wanted to see me, and that once I got there she'd find a way for us to get away from them, but that once I got there she couldn't figure out how to be alone without making it weird. Admits it was a stupid thing to do and that she knew I was angry so she was scared to reach out and embarrassed

Haven't responded.. suggestions?
For the record, the goal is to make her a plate, not an ltr.
That's a bull $hit excuse(which you probably know), she knew exactly what she was doing. Tough call. I'd sleep on it.

If you do see her again, she is going to have to make it up to you....and aplogize some more.