Way to Initiate a Dance in a club

Best method to initiate a Dance in a Club

• Don't ask, just come up behind them on the dance floor and start grinding

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Ask them while they are already dancing if they want to dance

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Dance next to them while making eye contact them, then observer body language

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Talk to them at the bar or on the side and ask and then lead them to the dance floor

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I searched for this and couldn't find a similar poll, I have mixed feelings on this, but I was wondering what way you guys thought was the best to initiate a dance in club. Some guys just simply come up behind them and start grinding, others talk to girls at the bar and ask them to dance and lead them to the dance floor, others tap girls on the shoulder to dance and asks, some dance next to a girl and see if she meets them half way. Any other methods or thoughts you have post them up, and give any advice or pro/cons on each you have.

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want a female opinion, a girl I work with was talking about how her friend was complaining how this guy just started grinding into her from behind at the club, and she didn't like it at all, and had to be 'saved' by my co-worker. Apparently the guy wasn't very attractive, but she mention that her friend said that if the guy was hot, the whole grinding thing would've been fine. So I guess if you are a hot guy, you have a little more leeway.

She also mentioned she thinks it's okay if a guy kind of puts his hand on her hip so that she knows he's there, then the girl can decide if she wants to grind. It makes sense to me, as it's kind of rude to start grinding into a random person, but moving close to a girl without getting 'too close' shows initiative and politeness at the same time. A lot better than formally asking, or rubbing yourself on a girl out of nowhere.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This should be a good poll. I have yet to go to a dance club and "get my grove on". Should it be implied to bring a rubber? What do clubs tend to be like in California?

Plain & Simple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^yeh dats wat I do all the time, they key is to go to the club with the intantion of HAVING FUN not for the girls, now ofcourse dats the main purpose the females, but if u go with the intention of getin pusy u will end up frustrated and with non.

I always go in and just dance by myself having an great time, if I ask a girl to dance and she rejects it.....well I don't really ask I just dance besides them or in front of em and they automaticly dance with me (do not try if you DO NOT KNOW HOW 2 DANCE) believe me they see dat u thur to have fun and they will join since they see dat they can have a great time with u and ure not just gona try 2 fuk

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The poll doesn't address the real issue. The real issue, as someone already pointed out, is that you go out with no expectations other than to be social and have a good time.

I like to find places in the club or just outside of it where the women can hear me. I go out and open the girl or group. If things go well, I will bring her onto the dance floor. I talk in her ear while we dance.

Alternative plan is to talk to them where they can hear you (just outside club, in a quiet area, by the restrooms, whatever). If things go well number close her. Go away where she cannot see you for a while. Call her an hour later, rejoin her, take her on dance floor and make out.

Small pub where few people are dancing == you can just open then hold her hand and walk around the venue with her.

There is a lot more you can do than just that, but this stuff is enough to get laid by however many girls you want to go out and accumulate. You should be picking up a girl every week even if you're not very skilled or great looking.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grap from the rare

I refused to participate in the poll since all the above options apply to me. Ofthen though, I get them from the rear ( and sometimes jump in from of them). No matter what approach I used, I often succeed in dancing with them. Perhaps this is due to my ability to follow rhythm and lead while dancing. I just don't like it when girls pretend.... they pretend as if they are not interested in dancing with you knowing well inside that their outmost desire is to dance with you. Anyway, just grap them from the rare.... they are more likely to follow when you do so.

Stforeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like green's opinion of puting a hand on their hip.

If she's not dancing, I usually walk up and ask, "why aren't you dancing?"

Some answers:... coments
Her - I'm tired...
"you look fresh to me"

I can't dance...
"well today is your lucky day.. I'm a dance instructor"

Nobody's asked me...
don't say anything, just look at her like you just asked and you're waiting for an answer. She might say, "what?" is so ask, "well?"

These have worked for me in the past. But every girl is different. If she's with friends I usually have my buddies confronting them at the same time. This keeps them from feeling bad about leaving her behind. If I'm ever stranded without a wingman I confront them both and ask both at the same time.

Good luck!

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The "sneak behind and grind" technique works best for shy guys. I can only do the whole "eye contact before approach" move after I've already gotten a couple of dances before with some girls. Otherwise, my confidence is not quite there yet.

iCandy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly i've never been rejected while initiating to grind with someone. I would just put my hands in her stomach area and before you know it we'd be freakin.

I think the hands on the hips first is good though for people who are new.

If you want KineticCharm posted a GREAT dancefloor guide... just search it up.. it's $$$

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I got a lot of replies on this poll, more than I was expecting. There still doesnt look like there is a clear cut best technique, nor does it look like any of these are necessarily bad techniques. I would still be interested in seeing more replies and more votes, but I would say myself that I think all of them can work and I like the idea the the first person replied with the hand on the hip, and the other poster with the "come on, lets dance" approach. Keep the posts and votes coming though guys or any other ideas or techniques that I didnt post up there that have worked or you have tried.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that it's actually better to start grinding first before you put your hands on the girl's hip. Placing your hands on her body from the start may come off a little too aggressive.

Digix

Reaction score
Juan_Man said:
I think that it's actually better to start grinding first before you put your hands on the girl's hip. Placing your hands on her body from the start may come off a little too aggressive.
Yes your crouch on her ass is MUCH more subtle :yawn:

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From experience, I think that touching with your hands is more encroaching than touching with your crotch. I have grinded with girls before who were okay with the crotch but whenever I moved my hands on their waist as we were dancing, they would pull my hands away. But I could be wrong, since your sarcasm speaks of expertise.

iCandy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really focus on approaching the girl and starting the grind because if you have the mindset that you're having fun and it's in HER benefit that she's dancing with you then the approach isn't really important.

what you should be focusing on is what you should do as soon as her ass is right up against your crotch!

One common mistake that i always see in the dancefloor...

Don't be a lurker. If you gonna dance with a girl just let everything go and DO IT. Don't be dancing near them waiting for them to dance next to you or working yourself up to dance with them. It just plain looks AFC. JUST DO IT.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest... my dance skills are sickening. I light up dancefloors better than anyone I've ever come across. I'll normally find a group of 2 or 3 girls, go right in the middle of the group, grab the one in front of me and the one behind me at the same time and then just grind it down to the floor. Sometimes i'll interupt the group by backing up and moving my a$$ into the group. Or by boxing out some broad like a basketball rebound.. lol. I always get way out-of-hand on the dance floor. I use anything around me as a prop, whether it be a bar stool, a girls purse or her belt. It's all about style and not giving a sh*t what people think of you. Practice will really help your skills. Never ask a girl to dance, and don't wait for eye contact or anything. Just step up and get it done. Most girls are just looking for someone to dance with anyways.

iCandy

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey wheelin&dealin i live in vancouver, BC as well. how old r ya?

Spook

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I don't dance at hip hop or techno clubs (technically, that's not even dancing. I don't even know what that is, but it looks dumb). I dance at Salsa and Swing clubs, and usually just grab the girl by the hand and lead her to the dance floor. It works pretty much every time, so I imagine the idea is the same. Just dance without asking. Girls want a guy who can take control that way.