Was this neg good or bad?

jigga23

Banned
Reaction score
I did a neg last night on a girl at a bar and dont know if it was good or bad. She was fvcked up. her body was like a 7 and face was 5.5 if that. she was the type that got attention though. She started talking to my friend. when she was talking to him she was like "i have the hicups" she kept on saying it. then she asked me what my name was. i told her. then she said the stupid hicup thing to me. i was like "yea i cant even understand what youre saying your sentences are all choppy." i think she got a little butt hurt. she said well continue texting your gf cause i was on my phone (wasnt texting anyone). then walked off and said to my friend "and your hot." so was the neg ok.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What made her deserve the neg?

rocky_mtn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, better game would be to have her do your trick to get rid of hiccups. You do have a trick to get rid of the hiccups right?

And then if you wanted to neg hit her, say "you can't svck my d!ck with the hiccups, aren't you glad I cured you"

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"yea i cant even understand what youre saying your sentences are all choppy."
I wouldn't really call that a neg. That sentence didn't really do much for you except make her feel kinda useless. You could have said something like, "You're talking like a broken record, it's really cute!"

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a horrible neg rocky, unless she's like a 10 and horribly drunk, and in fact, I don't see that working really period unless you knew the girl.

And stop focusing on negs and ****, j ust go natural, that girl didn't even need a neg, she was drunk and having a good time and you are obsessed with pick up, just get into the drunk vibe, even if you AREN'T drinking, its fine to be high energy, loud and rowdy for no reason just because its fun.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, c/f works better than negging in most instances; I'm guessing 8 or 9 out of 10. C/F can allow you to at least gage whether a neg is even necessary.

Last edited:

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think francisco is very right, maybe its because I'm naturally sarcastic and ****y funny, but it always works so much better becuase it flows naturally rather than having to think of a neg or something like that.

still s top focusing on techniques, focus on yourself.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Horrible. That wasn't a neg, that was just poor social skills. She probably was thinking, "jeez this guy either doesn't get out much or neeeds to get laid, don't take it out on me which ever it is, I'm going to go find someone else to talk to". Then some other guy fvcked her that night.

There is a difference between negging and just not having good social skills.

I think for newbies negs hurt much more than they help, at least in my friends that is what I've seen. The reason being is newbs tend to go out and focus on the negative when they think about what to do in the case of a bad reaction.. They think about all the negative reponses they might get and fixate on that. This increases approach anxiety and nervousness and the liklihood of getting a bad reaction in the first place. I'd prefer to reframe as swinggcat recommends in his ebook and focus on the positive. Leave negging alone for a while. Also saying outloud the full word negative compliment or disquilifier helps. Neg sounds negative and it tends to be used that way by people who are experimenting.

I believe some of Mystery;'s instructors suggest spending a full week on nothing but calibrating negs, but I'd prefer to see my newb wings do that only after they've already gotten good at running 5 minutes of convo and reframing.

sorin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop insulting (even if used as a form of compliment) your potential girlfriends... and be gentle and a leader instead.

Conveying the right attitude, that of a strong man who leads and has objectives in life... and who really wants her for what she is... is a much more important thing to do.

Stop analyzing, and start doing!

jigga23

Banned
Reaction score
the girl got attention from guys. she thought she could get away with sh!t. earlier in the night i saw her cut infront of alot of people to get to the front and made friends with two chumps up front so she could get in faster. Then i saw at another place and i was like might as well neg her. she got all butt hurt. but i wasnt even thinking in my head i would fvck her even if i was hammered.

Flabbergasped?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And you're not going to, because your neg was terrible. Good negs aren't supposed to elicit a negative response, even though they're negative statements. It's meant to put the girl in her place.

Example:

Girl: *after talking for a long time* I fought with my boyfriend yesterday
You: If you always talk like this, I'm not surprised.

Say it with a straight face and a light grin, and you're good to go. Then change the subject, because you don't want any target to go on rambling about their bfs.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who F*cking cares. Just be natural about it.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freddy1 said:
:nervous: Thats what I'm worry about.

hey Idiot! stop exposing negs to this community. Don't you know this site is for newbie filters. Stop bieng lazy and Read the bible or go to mysterymethod.com

Inner game is essential, theres more to it then negs.

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its funny, stuff you wouldnt think would be a neg, ends up being great negs. it goes to show you, under that facade of "power", hot girls are very insecure

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Unique said:
Don't you know this site is for newbie filters.
Says who?

Mr. Unique said:
Stop bieng lazy and Read the bible or go to mysterymethod.com
I want some examples of negs. (no not Mystery's few examples. some other examples one could use with any situation)

Mr. Unique said:
Inner game is essential, theres more to it then negs.
Yeah I understand that part.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its silly to ask others for material, make some up on you're own, its not that hard, man. You don't need someone elses brain to come up whith negs, You do have a brain do you? if yes use it. Besides this forum is not specifically for outer game or canned material. Go to Fastseduction.com or mysterymethod.com for that kind of stuff.

Fang

Reaction score
Just don't neg anybody who you feel might get offended. I.e. people not so attractive. Go with your instinct.

Cod3r

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shoes -> "Wow those are cute... my mom has the same pair"

Name -> "Really aww thats cute, that's my dogs name... we call her ____ <-- make up cute nickname"

Voice -> "You know your voice is kinda cute... like a cool chipmunk"

Smell -> "U smell pretty good.. wats that oldspce ? Ru wearing oldspice!?"

Her Lips -> "You're lips are sexy... wipe the gloss off ur nose tho"

--
The point is to give her something NICE first and then something negative, NOT MEAN. Never say anything mean, just something to kinda push and pull, give a compliment and then just take it away, dosen't mean you have to give compliment and then give an insult....

Basically the formula is... compliment + offhand sarcastic remark = Neg

-Cod3r

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
I wouldn't really call that a neg. That sentence didn't really do much for you except make her feel kinda useless.

Agreed.
Especially in the moment.
She just said "hello" to you, and asked your name.
That same line could have been great down the line, once you had some rapport/fun established. But from the get-go... just an energy killer. lol

And that oldspice line is hilarious Cod3r.
lol, I can just see the mouths drop, and playful slap to follow... telling her gf what you just said.