Was she testing me? She sent mixed signals.

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been confused about this one girl I met at the club last week, So I'm just going to explain how I met her, and then some opinions on what she was trying to do would be great! (By the way, If the story looks familiar, it's because I wrote a field report on it last week, but somebody pointed out to me that this chick was testing me, so now I have to ask.)

Anyway, it started when I was having a drink and chatting with my buddy at the club, when I felt somebody grabbing my ass. I turned around and it was an extremely HB9.5. When I caught her, she tried to get away and got to the other side of the club. I chased her down, caught up to her and she said "HEY!" to me in a nice, upbeat voice. Then I smile and say "thought you could get away with grabbin my ass didn't you!" and then she just started dancing with me. But when I went to put my hands on her hips, she grabbed them, pulled them off and said "Hands off".

I gave her a confused look and then she says "I have a boyfriend, but I still want to dance with you." So I went with it and continued to dance with her, then another girl jumps in behind me and starts dancing behind me.

That is when the chick that says she has a boyfriend grabs my hands again and pulls me away from the other girl, it seemed as if SHE got jealous.

Then she started askin me questions like "What's your name?" and small talk, she seemed interested again. Anyway, after the small talk I still got her number and said "let me know if things don't work out." Then I left her and went back to my buddy, and we just started chattin again.

Anyway, somebody told me this chick was probably testing me by making up a boyfriend and seeing if I just gave up. Do you think that's true? Or does she really probably have a boyfriend, but still looking for something else?

I would like to hear my fellow DJ's thoughts on this girl's actions.
Thank you

Scyther

Reaction score
I would say the bf thing is definitely a BS...one of the tests girls try to throw on us. Why would she give her your number then? and why grab your ass in first place???

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You played that completey wrong. You shouldn't have showed interest like that. 1) After she said she had a b/f, you shoulda said what makes you think I like you enough to care, i just met you ?

After she said hands off, it was obviously a test. You shoulda said, look this is the way I dance, take it or leave it.

Girls like that are really not worth your time, but you have to show her you're in control not her.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you have her phone number - call her and ask her out. Then you'll know the deal.

Maybe she was just drunk and all googly at the time.

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiesman44 said:
You played that completey wrong. You shouldn't have showed interest like that. 1) After she said she had a b/f, you shoulda said what makes you think I like you enough to care, i just met you ?

After she said hands off, it was obviously a test. You shoulda said, look this is the way I dance, take it or leave it.

Girls like that are really not worth your time, but you have to show her you're in control not her.
Your correct wiesman, I definitely could have played that a lot better.. But this was one of my first times using the advice on this site, and I was basically just practicing this new stuff. I realize I haven't mastered the game, and that's why I'm here, but thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Oh and one more thing, I'm only 19 years old, so this is an under 21 club. So nobody was drunk, haha. Plus I just found out that chick was only 16, is that bad even tho I'm 19? I hate this age, even if the chick is more than a year younger I could get in trouble.