Warts

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone know an effective treatment or have any suggestions on how to remove a common wart.

I got one on my knuckle and it wont go away. Ive tried patches, freezing it(with Wart-ner), and the liquid stuff.
Ive even tried having it burned off by my doc, with no luck.

Its really pissn me off :eek:

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dr. Sholls Clear Away Wart Remover System.

I used to remove warts on my knees and hands and the stuff works!

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've tried freezing it there's no way some over the counter patch is going to do it(they are all like 40% salicylic acid which doesn't work for most). Do an internet search for anti-virus creams that work way better.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, Ill look into both of your suggestions...
If anyone else has something to add, please do so...

mikel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had one on my knuckle too, and I had it burnt off 3 times. Used Wart-ner many times, used the over the counter acid.

Finally I went to a doc and he hit it with the real stuf taht freezes it. And it came back and he did it again and I've never seen it again.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've read that masking tape (the thick gray tape) will do the trick fast and effectively. Let me know if it works out for you, i'm curious to hear about a real result.

Coolage

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cut it out with a knife then put a wart removal patch on it. Good like new. (Except for the scar)

Honestly though, the antivirus cream would work.
I would freeze it and remove it then use an antivirus cream.

The_Fonz

Reaction score
I actually had one on my elbow and ended up cutting it out.

Luckily its never came back or left any scars

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The tape isn't masking tape, it's duct tape. And yes, it works also, if your willing to cover it up for a week straight.

Other traditional remedies are neem oil(extremely potent, the stuff smells terrible but it does wonders for any skin condition), potatoes on the skin and garlic cloves(put either one under a bandage). Don't know how good the last two work but neem is great and duct tape works wonders for kids, so I don't know why it wouldn't for adults.

mikel

Don Juan
Reaction score

No, the tape isn't going to work unless your prepared to leave it on there for up to a year. The only way to completely eradicate a wart is by destroying the protien underneath your skin that causes the skin to grow. Air does kill this protien and I guess if you kept putting masking tape on it and riping it off it would eventually tear enough skin off to expose the protien.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
go to the doctor every week and get the cryo stuff or whatever it is (the freezing stuff) put on it. also try cutting the top from it with nail clippers

the only wart i've ever had took ages to be removed. In the end, i got so damn pissed off with it, i took a knife to it and ripped the fvcker to bits. (hurt like hell though -wouldn't recommend)

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mikel
I had one on my knuckle too, and I had it burnt off 3 times. Used Wart-ner many times, used the over the counter acid.

Finally I went to a doc and he hit it with the real stuf taht freezes it. And it came back and he did it again and I've never seen it again.
Can you gimme more details like how the wart just disapeared? Did it fall off or blister off or what?

Originally posted by AFK Protector
I used to pick and pinch my knuckle and I have a wart like thing there. It's kinda like a little bulge or blister, with pus. But its really blood. And i'm just addicted to pinching it/pulling it. Is that a wart?
Doesnt sound like it. Warts arent puss-filled or blood-filled. Its just rough "colliflower" textured skin kinda popped out. Yours might be an infection of some sort :confused: