Wanted: Your Most AFC Move

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was 20, I was at the Orange County fair and I won some sort of stuffed animal prize. I see this chick walking by and I got the brilliant idea to give her the stuffed animal (I didn't want it obviously) and she would like me and give me her digits. Well she didn't give me her number and asked me for mine, promising to call me. Surprise! She never called.

I had oneitis for a female "friend" for a year and a half and I chased after her, took her out to movies, dinner, helped her with all her friends, helped her with homework, built up her damaged self-esteem, became a shoulder to cry on, confessed my feelings to her, bought her flowers, all of that stuff. Needless to say, none of that worked.

ATribeCalledDS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, I was 16 yrs(last year) and a 9.5HB (hooot woman) was interested in me(alot).

I remember that :
-We did meet at my math class and 2 weeks later, I see her walking by, so I run to talk to the chick. It was something like this...
DS:"Hey"
Her:"HEY!"
DS:"Where you going"
Her:"Home and you"
----(2 minute later)
DS:"I got something to tell you..."
Her:"What?"
DS hesitate for 10 seconds
I like you, go out with me :D
Her shocked, I think so, I coudn't look at eyes
Her:Ok...But I already got 3 others guys asking me out.
........talking, talking
Her:"I'm gonna give you a awnser tommorow at school ok?
DS:"OK!" I was so happy!!!

-----Next day-----
I was wating for her after school, so she come out with her friend. They was through the pizzaria. She and her friend enjoy eating that pizza by talking about my last day AFC declaration and me wating the gyal impaciently
...5 minutes after outside
Her:"Let's stay friend"
DS"No, don't say that, think about it again and gimme a awnser in one week ok?
Her:"...yeah.

....and I've ask her three more times to go out with me. That was last year. Worst, I was talking OF ALL MY LOVING PROBLEM WITH THE GIRL OF MY CLASS. *cry* Two of them still hitting on me hard with obssesion (I will do her when I will be a certificate DJ) and the girl in the story below too :D awsome!!!

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My worst AFC move was not moving at all; just passing by with this stupid look on my face. This would be followed by me kicking myself later for being a wussy.
Same here. I'm slowly getting over it. Little by little i'm gaining self-confidence - thanks to gym and puberty (haha)

Yet, im to emo. I can acually imagine myself doing what one person mentioned in this thread..."Running outside to get a candy bar for the girl..." haha i have to work on that...hehe - suggestions? (its not as bad as you may think...im not anyones *****...im just a "nice guy")

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump, keep the stories coming

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess about 3 years ago there was this girl I was totally in one-itis love with. This was also the first girl I had the courage to pursue because she was a girl that every guy was after at my university. I thought I could slip in the cracks being the nice guy and win her heart but I kinda just won her friendship.....well not really but close.

Anyway, I thought I'd impress her by taking her roomate to the airport which was 3.5 hours away. So when the day came I took her roomate all the way to the airport but it was shut down because of a huge ice storm. Our trip back to the town our school was in too about 6 hours.

So the next day I said I'd take her to the airport when it opened. We went there, spending all my gas money and money for food taking this roomate to the airport again. When I got back into town I told the girl I liked that her roomate got there safely but all she did was tell me I was sweet and gave me a hug. At the time I thought that hug was better than sex would ever be but I was a virgin at the time.

So, I drove my car for around 18 hours just to impress this girl and win her heart to realize she's been ****ing another guy who's done pretty much nothing for her. :mad:

So yeah, that was pretty damn AFC.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl I was infatuated with at the time got a boyfriend[she liked as both apparently and if I had asked her out, i woulda gotten a yes]. So i was like "ok, well time to move on"
instantly, like a true Don Juan, I did. I took her BEST FRIEND out to the movies. and man, was that a good time.
The next day i recieve an IM from the original girl "I heard abotu you and _____"
i forget how, but i foundout that day that she had cried all ngiht over it, because I forgot about ehr and moved on.
I then said "If you dump your boyfriend for me, I'll leave her"

Worst move ever. She thinks "I still have him wrapped around my finger!"
Yeah, she got all happy, stayed with ehr boyfriend, told her best friend what I said...and i lost everything.

S.S.N. 318

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by lynx

The lesson I learned was: When a chick really likes you, she'll stick around for a long time unless you start acting clingy and insecure.
real talk cuzz.....thats real....no doubt...

muttley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I mite aswell add to this thread. You boy's talkin about AFC's? then heres my story....

There used to be girl in my work place that i was chumping over. We used to get on so well, up until a certain point. This situation got kinda complicated as she made it obvious she had interest in me and i coudnt do the same. Eventually she lost that interest and moved on to some other guy. I dont blame her for moving on because she indeed pursued me for a long time, a coupla months i guess. And all this time i was too AFC to make a move on her and to let her know that i liked her too, so she gave up.

At this point i was a victim of that disease that can bring down the strongest man in the world - oneitis. it had its claws all over me. When i saw her interest level in me decrease, i had to think of a 'way' for her to like me again and 'initiate' things so that we could be a couple. How ****ing lost i was. But thats nothing yet.

I had to win her over becuase she was showing interest/flirting with other guys right infront of my chump face. I thought id become "really close" with her as a friend so that she sees how sweet and nice i am and then chooses me, before she chose someone else. So i did exactly that, i showed her my "friendly-chump" side, in order to win her heart. And when this started, little did i know that i had been "LJBF'ed" when she told me directly that im "just like one of her gals" , i was liek "what the ****"

oh it didnt stop there, i carried on chumping. She would tell me about what she did with this guy when she hooked up with him, how she kissed him, how she had this "cute guy" all over her at the weekend, how she was basically fvcking with all the world but me! and then she was telling me how she wants to "play" her ex and another guy at the same time. This would rip me up all the time. But i continued this 'emoitonal tampon role' in hopes that she would see me as a lover maybe, and that id get a peice of that azz. Oh it didnt stop there, it got worse...

What happend here really tore me apart. She was rang by a "random guy" who obviously got her number from an ex boyfrend ( he did ).
She tells me that this guy called her and said "hi is blah blah there?" and she said "no, its a wrong number sorry," and he said "well whats your name then, where are you from" , and basically she started to flirt with him from then. hoe. She knew that someone she knows gave him the number.

She said that he SMS's her every day and she SMS's back. it got to the point where they were talking to each other on the fone all the time.

I tried to not act bothered, becuase i thought that she would rather flirt with this anonymous mother****er ,than me and it was killing me. But yet i carried on chumping. She said "do u know this guy from this place?" ...basically she wanted me to find out who he was/how he looked ( she was contemplating on meeting him), and what did i do? i got on the fone to a few buddies and found out exactly who he was for her.

that moment really really caused me pain. Everyday the discussion would be about him and her, never about me :(
i woud "be there" to lend a helping hand anytime she liked and i basically let her use me to get info on this guy so she can meet him and possibly fvck him. It got to the point where she was gonna set up a date with him and then wanted me to tag along with her to "see" him. Basically she was scared to go alone and wanted my presence there until its ok to go and meet up with him alone. My friend summed that up for me, he said
"she means: come with me incase hes crazy, if hes not, then get lost when i meet him" , which was %100 true.

I was so ****ed up i cudnt believe it. Thank god i saw the light and i declined. But she still met him a week later with her friend in the trainstation, and this part puts a smile on my face hahaha.
My frend who apparently knows that guy said when that guy met her, he said that she was a dog lol , and he was more interested in her friend than her. I asked her this and she was obviously upset about it.

LOL that was my oneitis and my biggest AFC story ever. Since then iv got rid of this ***** from my system. I DO NOT have oneitis for her anymore! it took a long time though. I just read some old chat logs i had on msn with her. I cannot believe that i was acting like such a ****ing *****!. All my manhood was sucked out of my body and i was in a daze, a ****ing daze!

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I enjoy reading these stories because of 3 things

1) they're funny
2) they give insight into my past/partial present afc behaviour
3) give me belief that if these people came out of it, i can get out of it.

I think this is one of the best reads I've had in a while. It has given me the chance to REALLY see that I'm not alone in this at all. Now I'm not saying I thought I was alone, but superficially most people think their problems are soley and uniquely their own.

On to my story, it'd have to be with regards to my first ever long term and first ever gf. She was at least an 8 because even when she didn't dress up she still was cute as hell. Nice figure too. Anyways, at the start I was nervous, but being the kind of guy I was I ALWAYS take charge.

I say where we go and when, I initiate when things go further and stop when she don't want me to go further. That was all great, but I had a LOT of problems with myself and home life and they leaked into the relationship. I ended up counting on HER as an emotional tampon and what have you and eventually lead myself down the path of oneitis syndrome.

It got so bad that I'd ALWAYS be the one to call her and show signs of jealousy when she was out with other guys. It got to the point where she cheated on me with another dude and then the problems REALLY started with me. Phoned her all the time begging, pleading, saying I'd change. You name it. This went on for a LONG while. Her saying she wanted to be friends, me saying I wanted things to be more than that. Her saying she just didn't feel it for me, me saying how could she not and all that. Pulled out the soul mate card and that made things worse.

In the end I just look back and shudder thinking about that stupid crap I pulled. How foolish I was, thank GOD I found this site when I was going through my crap with her. It helped me to get past it quickly and further helped me to understand so much. I'm still in the transition phase, but I'm well on my way to becoming a "dj".

The Monkey

Don Juan
Reaction score
*shudders*

*shudders again*

My LITTLE BROTHER was getting more attention from this hot chick than I was - she's about 10 months older than me, 3 years older than my little brother. I couldn't stand it, but I was an AFC - I pretty much just kinda gazed at her from afar all the time.

So my little brother (he's what, 12) gives her a flower and tells her to put it in her hair, and she does. I get annoyed and go inside and get some lemonade, and she comes in a few minutes later to get some lemonade before she and my little brother run off to help her father with an errand real quick. (She did not know, or care, that I was in the kitchen at that time.)

So, I fricking touch the flower and say it looks nice in her hair, and she says "I didn't pick it" - the flower, that is. So I look down at the ground and mumble "yeah but you put it in your hair", and she _RAN_ off and left me feeling like a @sshole. :D

That was over a year ago. I'll be forever grateful for what this site has done to me and my life - that same chick is now mine, and my little brother is the one wishing he had the guts to talk to her, because I command so much authority when I'm around. He doesn't dare.

- Monkey

karaokelegend

Reaction score
New poster here.

Let's see, there's been a lot.

Disclaimer: Believe it or not, I am not perceived as an AFC, I just tend to act like one when I like a girl...I am very popular with the ladies and act very ****y and funny around most, but when I start to like someone, watch out...

1)Senior prom, good thing I was the prom king and went with a friend, when I dropped her off I was like, "Don't ask questions?" and simply kissed her on the cheek.

2)Freshman year in college...super, super nice girl, even told my roommate she'd go out with me if I asked, only asked her out once, she had a ski trip that weekend, never asked again,stating "I don't want a serious committment right now",
sent "friendship roses" for Valentine's Day (a dorm thing), I asked her two weeks later if she had gotten them, she runs up and hugs me like crazy, "THANK YOU!" In other words I had a year and a half to make a move, nothing. She ended up transferring and I did see her out at a bar a few years ago but she wouldn't dance with me...said she promised her friend a dance or something..."

3)Falling into "friend traps" with two different girls, where one was really nice, I actually went out with her, thinking it would turn into more than friendship eventually, she didn't know I wanted more (she had someone), the other was more of an AW, knew I had a crush on her and said she "would do something as a friend", I thought that was hope for more. A lunch "date" fizzled out with her because I knee jerked to her BAD accepting lunch after class and saying, "I want to see you" (at my apt party that night, I had called her about it) I wrote her a stupid love letter, showed up at her dorm unannounced, calling her like 3 days in a row and sent a "crush email" AFTER she had already let me down nicely and theydidn't come to the next two apt parties. Both girls knew I meant well, but geez...

4) This one takes the cake. There was a girl who transferred with me from 2 to 4 year college, who I had a class with at both, who I knew was gonna get rid of her bf, and I thought I could jump in and take his place, turns out she did, but she ends up with another guy back home...anyway, developed feelings for her...took her notes from missed classes (WITHOUT HER EVEN ASKING), and one night I studied with her at her apt for a while before coming back to my apt for a party. There was a girl who actually put her hand under my ****, WANTED A BLOW JOB, we went back to my room, and what do I do? Start talking about MY CRUSH, WHO HAD A BF SHE WOULD MARRY THREE YEARS LATER! Oh, and did I mention I sent the crush a letter (out of jealousy?) But believe it or not, things returned to normal between me and the crush. You must wonder how in the world I can forgive these crushes and still talk to them and be friends with them!

5) Met this girl, she had bf at the time, tell her "he's a lucky guy" and all. A few weeks later, she walks up to me at a party and tells me, "We broke up." Like a dumb a**, was too nervous to ask for her #, got her # off another girl's refrigerator..., did good at not calling her much, started not to like her as much, until I saw her a few times several months later, took her roses for V-day (she did know I was coming), tried to kiss her, got the cheek, said "I'm so sorry about that", later overreacted and sent her a "no hard feelings letter", got address off student directory. There was nothing between us anyway.
Best thing to do is just not worry and forget about it, learn from mistakes, do better the next time. I am doing a lot better now. People know I have a good heart and will overlook mistakes.

DJ Hawtness

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Noob
i guess the most AFC thing ive done is buy a girl chocolates, not even taht bad compared to you people, lol and it was her b'day so i guess it was aight, well may be not cuz...

i dint know it was her b'day, and she knew that i really liked her and she also knew that i was desperate for her,, she could just tell... so she was like 'its my b'day today' so i said happy b'day, and she was like so what present you gunna get me, a box of chocolates? and i was like "erm, i dunno ill get u a late b'day present, like next year or sumthin"

and yep u guessed it the next day there i am with an expensive box of chocolates put in her hand....

i fell for the bait, and because she was so 'clever' she was like flirting with me, and then a week later she was back to normal...
Dang, she used the heck out of you. You need to see through this common error, never make this mistake again.

My most common AFC mistake?

I basically tried to hit on a girl in front of her friends. Although the girl liked me, her jealous, ****** friends ruined any future relations with her.

How stupid of me, I'll never make that mistake again...

madslackin

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's good to remember these stories just to see how far you've come.

My first girlfriend, I was 18 years old and a virgin. I didn't know how to deal with girls due to no experience, so I was shy whenever I was around her. After 'dating' for a couple months we took a weekend trip to a cabin in the woods with my friend and his girlfriend.

I was so excited - we were going to share a bed and everything! Ha ha. So it gets dark, I get into bed, she comes in half naked and straddles me. She kissed me and said "I could get into a lot of trouble in this position". I don't think I even replied. I got straight up and went and slept on the couch. Way to go, AFC!

Next story, same girl, same age, still a virgin. She tells me she wants to lose her virginity to me. I am very happy to hear this. So for some reason we plan a trip to Vegas to 'make it special'. We get to Vegas, I'm stressed out and tired from driving all day, it takes us an hour and a half to find a hotel room. I'm so nervous once we get into the room that I can't get an erection. I finally do, put on a condom (losing the erection twice in the process), stick it in her and blow a load in about 5 seconds. Still an AFC but at least I had my penis out, right? The story doesn't end there!

She asks if I want to take a shower WITH HER, I DECLINE (why??) and instead sit on the bed thinking about how ****ty that performance was. She comes out, naked, jumps on me. I can't manage to stay awake. Fell right to sleep and that was it.

Needless to say, that was about it between us. I did just about everything wrong.

But hey, if you start out like that, you can only improve! I'm happy to say that due to this site a couple years ago, and me learning on my own the past few years, I've done a complete 180 and totally redeemed myself :)

s m0ney

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by madslackin
It's good to remember these stories just to see how far you've come.

My first girlfriend, I was 18 years old and a virgin. I didn't know how to deal with girls due to no experience, so I was shy whenever I was around her. After 'dating' for a couple months we took a weekend trip to a cabin in the woods with my friend and his girlfriend.

I was so excited - we were going to share a bed and everything! Ha ha. So it gets dark, I get into bed, she comes in half naked and straddles me. She kissed me and said "I could get into a lot of trouble in this position". I don't think I even replied. I got straight up and went and slept on the couch. Way to go, AFC!

Next story, same girl, same age, still a virgin. She tells me she wants to lose her virginity to me. I am very happy to hear this. So for some reason we plan a trip to Vegas to 'make it special'. We get to Vegas, I'm stressed out and tired from driving all day, it takes us an hour and a half to find a hotel room. I'm so nervous once we get into the room that I can't get an erection. I finally do, put on a condom (losing the erection twice in the process), stick it in her and blow a load in about 5 seconds. Still an AFC but at least I had my penis out, right? The story doesn't end there!

She asks if I want to take a shower WITH HER, I DECLINE (why??) and instead sit on the bed thinking about how ****ty that performance was. She comes out, naked, jumps on me. I can't manage to stay awake. Fell right to sleep and that was it.

Needless to say, that was about it between us. I did just about everything wrong.

But hey, if you start out like that, you can only improve! I'm happy to say that due to this site a couple years ago, and me learning on my own the past few years, I've done a complete 180 and totally redeemed myself :)
hooooooooo SNAP, that's what you call AFC.

WrEcKLeSS2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
After looking through alot of these posts, I'm glad to know that it has happened to the best of us but whats important is that we improve ourselves

The Comeback Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This one is pretty bad...

Two years ago (towards end of Freshman year at high school), I had my first real "crush." Now this girl was the hottest girl in the grade, but for some reason, I thought I had a chance.

One day, the girl was sick and couldn't come to school. At the time, I figured "hey, if I call her to tell her everyone hopes she feels better, she'll think I'm a sensative guy!" Before I made the call, I had second doubts and decided to make it anonymous (why? - I don't know).

So I called and after I said everyone hopes she gets better, she asked who was calling. Now, I had it in my mind to hang up, but I got nervous and blurted out my name. Not a good decision. She said bye and hung up while my friend was cracking up. This was again, in the beginning of my journeys into the "dating game" and I acted desperately. VERY desperately. It hurts just to think about it.

Now I had no chance with the girl anyway, but it hurt when she said we'd never go out with each other...twice. She also had the time to explain just why I wouldn't be good enough for her...both times. :trouble:

TheLibraryGhost

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm fairly new and a RAFC, so take it easy on me, please.

...no, really. Take it easy on me, because I am well aware of just how bad this utterly ****ty AFCness is.

Cut to me, suffering severe one-itis for a friend of mine. Not just a friend, but a friend I share a house with along with two others (yeah, I know, dangerous enough already). Over the two years that this one-itis takes root I do all the typical AFC things: emotional tampon-ness, buying gifts that I knew she would love (as opposed to doing what everyone else did for birthdays etc like buying beer), tied in with some of the most needy and clingy behaviour you've ever seen.

And somehow, miraculously, I start to get positive signs.

Looking back now, I can't possibly understand how it happened. I was doing everything wrong for God's sake. I wouldn't have wanted me!

But one day we go out drinking with a group of mutual friends while our other housemates are away abroad. We both get very drunk, say goodbye to our friends and come home together as per usual.

I'm very drunk. She's very, very, very drunk. She starts throwing up in the bathroom and, chump that I am, I'm there holding her hair back for her.

After about half an hour of this she stops throwing up, cleans herself up, and sits down very heavily on the bathroom floor looking much the worse for wear. I sit beside her and, lo and behold, suddenly we're making out (she initiated, not me).

Making out turns into dry humping on the floor of the bathroom, turns into heading downstairs (I needed a ****ing glass of water, I hadn't had a hydrating drink in about six hours), turns into climbing into bed together and sleeping together.

No. I mean literally sleeping together.

Because she was so drunk and out of her head, I told her that I thought it was a good idea for us not to do anything and see how she felt in the morning. So we slept naked in the same bed and did nothing.

It's bad, isn't it?

Well, it gets even worse.

In the morning she LJBFed me immediately, which pretty much broke my heart (though given the events of the night, I can't blame her). Cue a month and a half of soul-rending self-recrimination and bitterness.

And then we go out with more mutual friends and our two housemates, get mildly (nowhere near as bad as before) drunk, come home, our housemates go to bed...and she hides in my bed 'to try and scare me'.

I walk in, she jumps out and says "Boo!"...then jumps back in again and pulls me in after her.

And this time...I tell her that nothing's going to happen because it's obvious she only wants to be friends.

Needless to say, after that night that was all she wanted.

...and then I found this place.

I am now working very, very hard to annihilate whatever part of my brain it was that made me act that way twice.

Be gentle with me. I am a sick person. :(

Zeph

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by darkhorse
I dunno, it seems a lot of people chalk stories like these up to "he had no balls" or "he's wasn't a real man". That's bull$hit if you ask me. It's all about experience. If you were to go skiing for the first time and were very hesitant and unsure of yourself, would people say "no balls" or "not a real man"? Hell no. It's a new skill that takes time and practice to acquire. The thing is, dating skills are kind of unique in that most skills don't penalize the unsure beginner at the foundations of their ego. For those people who pick up good dating skills early before the ego is even fully formed, they're all set. For those that don't it's not quite as simple.
I believe that you are SO on the mark with this statement! Social stereotype is that men have to be perfect at what they do, especially in this field.

Guess what? Men are people. People need skills. Skills must be aquired starting from a zero knowledge zero experience base. Men (until very recently, it seems) have rarely had a road map to follow.

This thread is excellent, because we gets to see that our errors are not the end of the world, and that they are common even, and that we can laugh at them.

Good job, guys.

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 Magic Words

Way back when, when I was an AFC I told my girlfriend I loved her first and from that point on the whole relationship went down hill.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your most afc move

i begged this girl i worked with to give me her number and she gave it to me and we went out on 1 date to the movies (which sucks) for a first date and i told her i loved her which was dumb but we did end up making out because i think she only wanted sex but i'm till a virgin