Walking on eggshells.

Reaction score
I know you shouldn't try to kiss everone's ass and try to please them. At what point does doing what you want and say simply make you look like an @sshole?

I draw the line at personal insults but the people around me still view me this way simply because I say what everyone else is scared to.

(NO, not on the forum... you keyboard jockies)

Damn, I'm confused.

duttylove

Don Juan
Reaction score
you will always have hateration when you succed its part of the game. say and do what you want just dont insult people. if some one gets mad at you because you have said something that they dont agree with. then f**k them. let them hate. its common sense weather or not your expressiong your own views or insulting some one.

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you become an ******* when everything you say has to be ****y and funny or just plain ****y. be nice and social often to avoid this

(read: "hey, hows it goin today? :)"
with genuine interest)

Reaction score
I am not trying to be ****y.

Do you realize the time and effort required to plan out what you say? I say what goes on through my head (as long as its not weird, crazy or insulting)

Maybe its the people I've been hanging out with. They're a little stiff and uptight about certain things.

I'm nice to people as long as they deserve it or seem like they need it(having a bad day)

Reaction score
THE_ADDMAN said:
you become an ******* when everything you say has to be ****y and funny or just plain ****y. be nice and social often to avoid this

(read: "hey, hows it goin today? :)"
with genuine interest)
I can't find the artcle, the words used are too common according to search engine.

Mr. Anderson

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny because I've lately been trying to find the answer to this dilemma myself. As a recovering AFC I must confess that I've always tried to please and befriend people in the past. I wasn't a flatterer or an ass kisser, but I went with the flow most of the time and didn't speak my own opinions often enough. There is also an opposite extreme to that: being blatantly rude and annoying; so, where does one draw the line? It really depends on who you're talking to and the message you're trying to get across. Sometimes it's better to really listen and analyze the person you're communicating with before saying something that may incriminate you and make them hate you. Remember that you can't please everyone all the time and you will naturally have your disagreements with others, but the point is to be respected and not hated.

Hope that helps.

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry, when I say "read:... "

I'm just simplifying what I said before that.

if I quote another thread, I'll put up a link