waking up

partyforlife

Don Juan
Reaction score
does any one else have the problem of not being able to wake up?

I missed 3 classes so far this semester becuase I would turn off my alarm, thinking im going to get up, but then fall right back to sleep. Any advice?

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the same problem until i stopped waking up before 9am, lol.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i HAD this problme,but then I got a loud ass alarm, put it far away from my headstand, and I went to sleep earlier.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desert Fox said:
yeah i HAD this problme,but then I got a loud ass alarm, put it far away from my headstand, and I went to sleep earlier.

PROBLEM SOLVED.
Add some exercise, good diet changes and you will be jumping out of bed.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Used to have this problem at time. You have to put the alarm far enough for you to walk across the room to turn it off. Otherwise, set two alarms, maybe on a clock, and one on your cellphone. Have the second alarm go off a few minutes after the first, that way you get a second chance.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My radio has this outlet where you can put your iPod in and I set it to alarm to play some loud annoying music. Then I set my alarm and cellphone to the same time and placed them all at different locations so I would be forced to use my brain walk around and turn them off. It actually worked, I collapsed on my bed again but I couldn't go back to sleep.

saber

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i used to put the alarm far away too...now I have light on a timer that turns on an hour before I need to be awake...I think my eyes can detect the light while im sleeping and it helps me wake more naturally

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, get to bed on time. Except on nights when you party, you should go to bed at a decent hour so that you can wake up. Of course, it can sometimes be difficult to fall asleep at the right time.

One solution to this is to make sure your room is well-lit with natural light. This way, your pineal gland, which sets your sleep cycles will get accustomed to the day lengths and you will naturally feel sleepy at the right time.

The idea about the light timer is an EXCELLENT idea. If you sleep in a dark, poorly lit room, it will be very difficult for you to wake up in the morning and your body won't be able to properly set its sleep cycles. Besides a light timer, you can also use natural lighting.

I have a lot of windows in my room and one of them faces my bed. Its covered by curtains that let light in, but don't let light out. Some days, I forget to set my alarm, but I still wake up because I can detect the sunlight and my sleep cycles are well set.

TheMoonMonst3r

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am fuggin terrible at waking up on time... I used to always miss class and other important stuff....here's what I did:

I bought three alarm clocks... I set them to go off at five minute intervals 1 hour before I have to leave the house... and I just hit snooze 1-2 times before I realize I need to get up. I've been using this strategy for 5 years now.

Btw, as I grow older, I am finding it easier to go to bed earlier and on a set schedule. Before I would stay up until 6 a.m. when I had to get up at 9... I just couldn't go to sleep before then, and even though I'd feel like **** the next day, I'd still stay up until 4 or something the next night. But now it's getting better...I start feeling tired around 1 am and go to bed so I can wake up at 10.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
02hero said:
You need to get yourself one of these;

http://www.hawkin.com/find/product-is-09753/
I'd lose the propeller within a week and have to rip the batteries out. :p

strange thing, i've never had any problems waking up. In fact, whevever i set an alarm for an important event, i'll actually naturally wake up a few minutes earlier than the alarm! :eek:

Also, for some strange paranormal reason, when i need to wake up early, 9 times out of 10 i'll wake up at exactly 5:56 in the morning!