Wait a few days...

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We can all came become confused with our relationship problems. It's our challenge, so it freaks us out if things aren't going smoothly. So here is my advice: If you are in the midst of a difficult situation especially with a hot woman then I think you should just

Wait a few days!

* Had a fight with your girlfriend? Are you going to dump her? Before you make up your mind...then wait a few days.

* Had a date that you thought went bad and you are down on yourself for really screwing up, then wait a few days and see.

* Feel like punching a guys lights out for hitting on your woman?...then wait a few days before you react.

* Get rejected by all 10 women you approached at a night club...then wait a few days before you review your approach techniques.

My experiences have shown that the objective truth of many situations emerges a few days after the event. When we are able to see the truth unclouded by our emotions then our reactions are more appropriate to the situation.

So if you are feeling CONFUSED, ANGRY, or SAD about an incident take it easy, relax, totally chill and wait a few days to see how things turn out. I've found it helps and keeps me sane!

[This message has been edited by Peak (edited 09-04-2000).]

Anti-Dump

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post Peak!

It always pays to WAIT. Confident men always do.

You usually find an ADVANTAGE you overlooked.
------------------------------------------------------------------
But I have to add that if you get into a fight with your girlfriend, never wait more than two days to patch things up. Call her on the third day. No more.

AD

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try this: Imagine your brain as a processor. You feed it with a problem. With your desire, you command it to spit out a solution. After a while if your desire is strong enough, your brain will come up with a perfect solution to your problem.

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump. This is a really good tip.

"If your rap is strong it can't go wrong."

thecraftylefty

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this kinda conflicts with things like the 3 second rule. The idea of cold approaches is that you do it quickly while you are still psyched, not after you think about it and doubts start creeping into your mind. So I guess its useful to wait a little under certain circumstances, but not under others.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 star tip and no doubt about it!

If you ask yourself why you act so promptly (including the 3 second rule), it's probably because you're afraid of losing out. Yet the guy who isn't afraid of losing out and acts on his own time is the one who is most composed and in control.

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty good advice, in maybe 50% of situations. You can never deal in absolutes with pickup.

"Strike when the iron is hot!"
"Real men are decisive!"
"Those who wait masturbate!"
"Never be afraid to make a move!"

U-571

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Peak's advice is more about not acting irrationally. In the heat of the moment we often act irrationally and say or do stupid things.

It's like making a big purchase - the best thing to do is sleep on it. This way we see things in a different light or from a different perspective then we might have in the moment.

I think what exhumed is saying is different, these are opportunities to take advantage of right away. Making a move on a girl is different than breaking up with one. Peak was talking about decisions that could have potential after effects.

I think the saying "Real men are decisive" is overused. Real men don't go out and do things rashly. There is nothing wrong with sitting back and evaluating a situation to see if you are doing the right thing. Making the right move at the right time is different then just making a move to make a move and be decisive.