Volunteering does pay off

Doc73

Don Juan
Reaction score
This morning I woke up after only a couple of hours of sleep, tired as hell when I remembered that I had promised to volunteer at the local food bank. While I did decide to make the commitment, in a way I kinda wish I didnt. I got there, and did the preliminary sign in. A couple of minutes later this cute, tall HB comes in. Apparently its her first time volunteering as well. We talk with the coordinator and luckily we got it so we were working beside each other. Once we started talking, it was as if we had known each other for a while. In fact a couple of the ladies asked if we knew each other before. I did a bit of C&F and she seemed to respond positively. When it was time for me to go, I went to get some scrap paper and brought it to her telling her to jot her number down. The wierd thing is normally when I am attracted to a girl, I get too nervous to ask them for their number, but then I remember a few things I read on this board and realized that I was overanalyzing everything too much.

I told her I would call her sometime after I got back into town from my job interview (will be gone a few days). We already made plans to go biking :)

redshift

Don Juan
Reaction score
hehe! i got to meet my present GF in a very similar manner. I was cursing myself that day(Saturday) for promising. I was drunk, slept at 4 in the morning, had to reach the place by 8! Had a freakin hangover, till my girl comes along..:D

Doc73

Don Juan
Reaction score
so you're one of those sobs that volunteer to pick up chicks
Umm most of the people that volunteer there are in their late 50s and up. Meeting a good looking girl, not to mention one that I have good chemistry with was probably the last thing on my mind that day

tx_interface

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by themanwithnoname
so you're one of those sobs that volunteer to pick up chicks.
What fukin difference does it make. He hooked up idiot. Is the service he provided diminished because of his motive?

I once nailed a babe I met in church:eek: Halleluja!

Doc73

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I tried calling the number she gave me a couple of times, over the last couple of days since I got back and so far no answer. I left a message the first time I called, but did not leave my #. Probably not the smartest move, but hey I am still learning this stuff.

I will try calling her one more time tonight and if there is no answer then I will wait until I see her at the food bank tomorrow. If I do see her, I plan to say something along the lines of "Hey, hows it going. I got back home on the weekend and tried calling you a couple of times but you were out" and see what she says. Overall I am going to trust my instincts on this and if I feel that she is avoiding me then I will simply next her.

blackshoes

Reaction score
Dude

Dude,
I've gotten the no- reply call syndrome. Next the *****.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Re: Dude

Originally posted by blackshoes
Dude,
I've gotten the no- reply call syndrome. Next the *****.
No, make the ho say no.

Too many guys "next" girls too soon.

Doc73

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I finally got a hold of her, and from the tone of her voice she seemed happy that I called. We did some small talk and I told her that although i am pretty busy, I have tomorrow evening free, but she said that that her running club is that day. I asked her what day she has free and she said she might have Wednesday or Thursday free. We agreed that I would call her in a couple of days to make sure (mistake on my part, I should have set a concrete day). On a good note, I did keep the conversation short (less than 7 minutes) and I was the one who ended the call.

My intuition tells me that she does have an interest level, but its not that high yet. It will be my job to determine wether or not I click with her, and if I do to raise her interest level more. I gotta admit that you guys are right when you say that field experience is the best way to learn this stuff

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty cool man. See what happens when you do good things? It's all about karma, if you're into that belief :)

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice!

I see somebody else has stumbled upon the charity goldmine!

I've written a couple of field reports on volunteering experiences, it seems to bring out the best in me. Run a search if you're interested.

Doc73

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update:

Me and the girl I mentioned went out biking and we had an awesome time. We had a lot in common and we were talking constantly....

And then she told me that she just liked me as a friend. I ended the date and ejected myself from the situation. I deleted her phone number and I will not be seeing her again.

Where did I go wrong? Did I read her signals incorrectly. I mean right now I hav e no idea on how to tell wether a girl is truely interested or if she just wants to get to know me as a friend. At least it only took a couple of hours to find that out , and I plan to soon get back on the horse and get more phone numbers but I will admit my confidence is shot a bit.

saminex

Don Juan
Reaction score
"What fukin difference does it make. He hooked up idiot. Is the service he provided diminished because of his motive?

I once nailed a babe I met in church Halleluja!"

it makes a huge difference, if u go to church with the motive of hooking up than thats pretty screwed up. I feel some of the people on this site will go to any lengths to hook up with a girl and its pretty disgusting. Just my opinion.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Doc73
Update:

Me and the girl I mentioned went out biking and we had an awesome time. We had a lot in common and we were talking constantly....

And then she told me that she just liked me as a friend. I ended the date and ejected myself from the situation. I deleted her phone number and I will not be seeing her again.

Where did I go wrong? Did I read her signals incorrectly. I mean right now I hav e no idea on how to tell wether a girl is truely interested or if she just wants to get to know me as a friend. At least it only took a couple of hours to find that out , and I plan to soon get back on the horse and get more phone numbers but I will admit my confidence is shot a bit.
You may or may not have done something wrong, I wouldn't sweat it. There are benefits to having an attractive woman as a friend, there's a good chance she has attractive friends that you could meet. If I was in your shoes, I would have said "great, now you can introduce me to all your hot friends..." or something along those friends.

Being friends with hot chicks isn't all bad as long as you don't catch feelings, there are fringe benefits.