Voice

ianlove

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was younger most of my lack of confidence stemmed from my voice. I hated it when i played back a recordeing of myself, I nearly died of embarrasment whenever i heard it, my face would go bright red.
The course I went on (BTEC Media Production) meant that I would onevitably hear my voice when we made a radio product, it took a while to get used to it but after a while i just got used to it.

Why do we sound different when we hear ourselves on a recording?

When you speak you can hear yourself but the sound of your voice is resonating through your body to your ears, its sort of like a filter. When you listen to yourself you are listening to an unrestricted form of your voice, THIS is how you sound to everyone else.

So I wanted to improve my voice. Do you know when you wake up one morning and you can't really speak properly, this diminished my confidence even more and i would only get to the peak of my voice later in the day.
So I tactic i decided to employ was this.

Singing. Early in the morning about 15 minutes after i wake up I just sing to some songs. This does not mean you should be pushing yourself, just singing gently, building yourself up. I don't kid myself that I am some Al Green, i don't care, I just sing.
Just a few songs I sing to loosen up those vocal chords

Lynrd Skynrd - Tuesdays gone
Lynrd Skynrd - Freebird
Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale

I highly recommend it. Most of you probably already do it but this is just here for those who've never given it a try

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
I know I sound a LOT more controlling of a situation if I am in control of it. IF I make my voice go loud and commanding, it's just..wow.

I've been told I'm too calm normally. I know a few people have heard me yell, and it's a life changing experience for them :rolleyes:, fewer have seen me mad.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have a particularly strong voice.

TheLazy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been wondering, what is it like to have a normal or slightly lighter sounding voice?

i've been blessed (cursed??!) with a abnormally deep, resounding voice and people are usually suprised at how old i sound as compared to my appearance.

akeith90

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with TheLazy on this one. I'm 15, but I've had people say I sound like I'm 18 or older. It's very deep. But I find that if I don't concentrate on what I'm saying, or how I'm saying it, somehow it will start to get nasaly and higher pitched. But if I just concentrate on how I'm saying words (speaking slowly, and adding somewhat to the deep-ness), then it'll make it seem like it's even louder.

Dante3214

Don Juan
Reaction score
Docs said:
I know I sound a LOT more controlling of a situation if I am in control of it. IF I make my voice go loud and commanding, it's just..wow.

I've been told I'm too calm normally. I know a few people have heard me yell, and it's a life changing experience for them :rolleyes:, fewer have seen me mad.
I'm the same way

brenbaus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yes lazy, you have been blessed, if you just take your time annunciating your words and you have a deep voice, you can command attention in any situation

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been blessed as well. Ever since 5th grade, my voice has been at least an octave below my friends. When I'm calm and relaxed, or being assertive, my voice takes on a very deep tone. I have often been mistaken for a much older person when contacted on the phone, even by family members in the past. Gotta love my sexy voice ;)

But yes, annunciation is key when you have a voice like us, Lazy. Speaking clearly, and deeply will do us wonders. "Softening" our voice into a more seductive sounding voice, so that its not as 'harsh' sounding, will make us irresistable.

WhAcKeD!

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, singing is a VERY good way to improve your voice. When I am talking to girls, I put alot of variation into my voice to make it sound interesting and keep them interested in what I am saying. I can hit the low and mid range stuff perfect but ever since I can remember I have had trouble with higher pitch.

I have ordered 3 audio books from Amazon on singing and training your voice, I hope they can help me hit the high stuff and be able to project my voice better while still keep a deeper tone.

avrilishot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wow that is good I have the same problem as you so I will give this a shot.:up:

RabbitMan

Banned
Reaction score
It is so true that the most important thing in a guy getting the girl is his voice, nothing else really matters.
If you can look a gorgeous girl straight in the eyes and speak to her in a deep loud clear confident and powerful voice you will more often than not be enabled to win her over to you.
Alot of people talk about guys having to be hunks, wealthy, famous, ****y and funny, etc, but a deep clear voice is a guys best asset when it comes to getting girls.
A guy who has a very weak soft voice will always be considered by the girls as being a Wuss no matter how good looking, ****y and funny, or wealthy he may be, the voice is definately the key. :rock: