Voice determines who we're attracted to

Tornado2

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's true. Looks play a big part - Eyes, Lips, Smile, but the determining factor for attraction is the person's voice. They did a test and there was an article on BBC about it.

[DoN.2.Da.JUaN]

Don Juan
Reaction score
link??

bodylanguage can determine wether a chick likes you but her voice?

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that a sexy voice can make you more attractive, but I don't think its the determining factor, which is what you seem to be implying/directly saying.

:rolleyes:

wowiehowie

Banned
Reaction score
C'MON NOW, IT'S STRICTLY "INNER GAME"!!!!:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

intha_burbz

Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree strongly. me and my wingman picked up these hot girls and the hot girl kept asking me to talk. she said she loves my vioce. i have a deep voice. my wingman has a high pitched gay sounding voice. in fact i mentioned how my deep voice is deep and manly and his was high and girly man.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wowiehowie, you are a moron and a troll. shut up.

to quote myself from earlier:

"For someone who's so naive about women, its a good thing for you that you're probably homosexual"

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i read somewhere that deep voices are usually associated with tall height and dominance, which explains why it works.

mobius

Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny considering one of my friends in high school had a kinda gay sounding voice (he is straight) and the girls would clamor all over him.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Determining? Don't agree...

It can contribute and there will probably be exceptions when a REALLY sexy accent makes a girl melt or a totally f*cked up one kills your chances off with a certain girl [because remember it is subjective], but generally most of us will fall in the middle of the road accents which won't ever make or break a situation...

So you've got good game, but don't sound like the guy who voices the film trailers... :eek:

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't you use to post a big while ago?

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a lot of truth to this. Deep voice resonates with "Masculinity"

There's a difference between your stereotypical action hero speaking with a deep slow voice and the stereotypical nerd speaking rapidly with a higher pitch.

But it isn't the deep voice, usually those who are more comfortable with their identity tend to not have to speak faster nor speak in a higher pitch. I observed this quite well when I attended a weekend retreat with about a dozen people, and the single men there had one thing in common that exhibited weak masculinity.

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
speaking of voice, i bet david d. could pick up women on his voice alone. he's a smoooooooooth talker. he has a deep and his pace is always on point. now that's a voice to model after

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SamePendo
Didn't you use to post a big while ago?
Yea... towards the back end of the Pook era if I remember correctly...

I've just been out and about refining my old skills and putting some of the skills learnt through my times here to good practical use... my how the board has degenerated into some Date Doctor forum, lol...

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But what was also surprising was the men with low voices also have attractive faces.
But this makes me a little sceptical...maybe they voted for the men because they were good looking, not because of their voices...?

A manly voice is more attractive, but it's only one small part of the overall game.

I wish my voice was deeper. If I talk slowly its better though.

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Apparently none of you have heard Style talk...He's high pitched, squeaky, and dare I say, sounds like a homosexual. His voice is farthest from masculine.

All of these factors: looks, voice, haircut, body shape etc. can be overcome by solid game. That is the point of this site, and it's been proven over and over and over again. So what if some study says that "voice" is the most important factor in attraction. Whatever...Our game should trump it. And it can trump it if it's good enough.

Now granted it helps to have all factors on your side, but sorry, it's just not true that if you don't have an attractive voice, you're screwed. You're not if you're a DJ or PUA.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you read the methodology of that study?

Ms Evans said: "I recorded a number of men speaking and also took photos of them.

'Potential mate'

"Men and women were asked to rate the voices on things like attractiveness, dominance, confidence, sexiness etc. They were then shown photos, separately, and asked to rate them.

"Both women and men rated deep voiced men more highly.
Where exactly did that say that a voice "determines" who we're attracted to?

The study didn't even compare how attractive the people with the voices were. It studied how attractive the VOICE was.

It didn't even touch on how (or if) that affects how attractive the girl finds the male in possession of said voice, or how that would influence her to give him a shot or not.

floydtheater07

Don Juan
Reaction score
Although I hardly agree that a person's voice is as important as this thread implies, trust me guys, if you have a good voice, it's a great asset.

I'm a skinny guy who doesn't visibly exude masculinity. But, and I must brag (though it isn't really bragging considering I didn't work to achieve it...), I have been blessed with a great masculine voice. Before it developed, people would laugh at my squeaky, feminine voice. Now, I have the voice of a stereotypical "late-night jazz disc jockey".

Girls adore it. Sometimes, when a teacher asks for someone to read out loud in class (if we are doing a play or something), girls request that I get chosen to read. They go crazy.

A powerful voice can go a long way.