Video Games

StateOfMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well practically all foreign progamers left for sc2 but in general there's always 1k+ users online when I log in

Leeds_Lad_Dom

Don Juan
Reaction score
FIFA is like crack to me lol, Other than that demon souls, black ops and a few others. It's hard to find a game that draws me in tho AC brotherhood was too short so I've gone back to playing some hardcore metal gear solid

Stryker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been playing through Red Dead Redemption again, that game is an absolute work of art! The next game I'm interested in is Crysis 2, but other than that there's not a lot decent until at least September, apart from maybe L.A Noire.

P­ornography

Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
Or I can be a person that's, you know, not interested in either of the two. Why must someone be into pickup artists if he isn't into video games? Is this one of the karmic laws? That everyone is into at least one of the two? While you're picturing me jacking my cock, the rest of us are gathering interest in topics that aren't insanely nerdy. Aside from all that, I find it hilarious how pissed you got over something so simple.

Fuck video games. :yes:
It's also hilarious how upset you get, when one questions why you love jamming your **** down 16 year olds' throats so much. You don't want people judging you as a pedo, and yet you insult everyone in this thread on the basis of liking video games.....

That aside and on topic, I like how someone in here mentioned that video games is the only medium left in entertainment that's predominantly masculine--hey! you know that's pretty true. I've never noticed.

As for me I've got an Xbox 360 hooked up to a badass 5.1 surround sound system, my top fav games are

- Halo: Reach/Halo 3
- Afro Samurai
- WET
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Ninja Gaiden II

Check out Afro Samurai if you get the chance, it is fuc­king INSANE, it got me hooked on the show and everyone can play it. It's a simply button-masher but it's damn entertaining, you can get it at WalMart for $20.

Halo: Reach....that's the closest to PC gaming for me. Like someone said PC gaming is more involved and competitive, more of a "commmunity" but HOLY SH!T Halo I've been hooked on since the first came out. Recently 2 new map packs are coming out for it, and this game just blows away any other shooter, for me. I love it for the teabagging LMAO. Too bad most people think it's nerdy haha

WET, it's like Matrix + Tomb Raider, you play as this sexy check....another great mindless game for when friends come over. COD is great fun too, I live the Vietnam feel but playing it too much messes with my primary game--Halo, again I love the Teabaggin my gamertag is DroppinSackOnYa

@anybody else thinking video games are nerdy, try them out! They're great fun with a group of people on a Friday/Saturday night. Like anything else they're best used in moderation.

Last edited:

P­ornography

Don Juan
Reaction score
--double--

Last edited:

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm having fun playing Dragon Age II right now. It's not as good as Orgins, but I'm still enjoying it.

Sadly it does feel like a stripped down version of Orgins. Though having a main character that talks is a huge improvement. Right now I'm playing as a smart-ass female Mage

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I play video games quite often. not hours a day but a few hours a week. It's a nice release outlet especially since movies suck ass these days. I have still even have a Nintendo lol. I have every major system made, and i'll be damned if I don't play a little bit of this, little bit of that. teaching my son how to play duck hunt on the nintendo lol. my girl likes mario, we play, or she plays and I talk **** the entire time on how bad she sucks. we were playing super mario world (on super nintendo) and she was on the underground level and she died trying to fight bowser and my son said "momma you suck" I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life.

I personally loive the NCAA college football series, try to play a few games every now and then, 2 or 3 a week via dynasty. As far as actual role playing games right now, I beat metal gear 4 like finally 2 months ago and now i'm playing the newest resident evil on ps3

P­ornography

Don Juan
Reaction score
"when one questions why you love jamming your **** down 16 year olds' throats so much", actually I said I want one BJ from a 16 year old, willingly. So you lied twice in the first sentence, enough said. What, is my unedited, truthful post too much for you to handle? Great.

Please keep up the video games on Friday and Saturday nights, that happens to be the time I'm out getting some so, more for me.
Ass is great, poppin out the old' N64 and having buddies come over is great too. Like bb said it's a good outlet to just kickback and relax w/ homies, not much different from snowboarding, paintballing; rock-climbing w/e.

Cutting out video games from your life means you'll never be able to experience bomb-ass head while playing COD. (i'm probably the only person on this board that aspires to do that LOL)

And I don't make it a habit of going after 16 year olds, so yes there will definitely be more for you SJ. lol

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While you're picturing me jacking my cock, the rest of us are gathering interest in topics that aren't insanely nerdy. Aside from all that, I find it hilarious how pissed you got over something so simple.
I find it hilarious how you care so much about what other people think that you're willing to mold yourself to suit the average. Congratulations on aspiring towards mediocrity.

Personally I've always enjoyed video games and will continue to do so as long as the medium continues to innovate and shows it's creative side... unlike most generic movies and generic music released now.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
You probably only say that cuz you've played snowboarding on your ps2 for so long you think actual snowboarding is practically the same thing.
That's similar to you playing the role of a stud on these internets when, in actuality, you're completely fake and arbitrary.

I saw Style was on Howard Stern a couple of weeks back. How many batches did you run to that?

Not every guy who comes to SoSuave is consumed with his moniker as reality.

Some of us enjoy our lives.

CrashOverRide

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
Am the only one here who plays games that are like 10+ years old?? These games like diablo 2, starCraft, civilization etc are from around the time when most of you younguns were learning how to jerk off. I don't have any consoles and just play on the 9 year old PC.

The newer games are way too complicated for me, and I don't have the time to devote to them. Older games are simple and still fun to play to just chill out.
Diablo 2 & Civ are awesome! I used to play those all the time lol! It's actually cool that you brought them up. I haven't really played any computer games (unless you count Chess & Poker) since the era those games were popular. Ever since the super console systems came out (PS3 Xbox 360, WI) it seems like that's where most video games are played.

Does anyone know if they still make good computer games or that industry virtually dead?

Anyway it sounds like Uncharted 2 and Black Ops are the most popular PS3 games. I'll have to pick one of them up. Is Uncharted 2 the same first person shooter style as Black Ops or is it a third person character game?

Personally I still have GTA Vice City and I think its one of the best games I've ever played. Is anyone into Sports games? I think I'll get NHL 2011 and there's also a new Boxing Game out from EA that is supposed to rock! You can play online too...

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CrashOverRide said:
Does anyone know if they still make good computer games or that industry virtually dead?
It's the largest market (projected to grow some more this year) and there's plenty of games being released all the time. It's far from dead.

Anyway it sounds like Uncharted 2 and Black Ops are the most popular PS3 games. I'll have to pick one of them up. Is Uncharted 2 the same first person shooter style as Black Ops or is it a third person character game?
Black Ops is a generic army shooter game. Here's a gun, here's your buddies go shoot some brown people. The graphics look nice.

Uncharted is a 3rd person adventure/shooter game. It's got a story and humor. It's like a cross between the best parts of Indiana Jones and Lara Croft but set in the modern day.

CrashOverRide

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks AG!

As far as Computer Games, do you actively play any today? If so I'd like to hear your opinion on some of them. I'd think they could probably make good RPGs....

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CrashOverRide said:
As far as Computer Games, do you actively play any today?
Not currently. I play PS3 once in awhile. The Witcher is very good if you like RPGs. The Witcher 2 is coming out soon. It's based on a novel series so the story is very interesting. Skyrim is coming out soon. It looks to be more like Morrowind and less like Oblivion (what a crappy game).

Mass Effect is also a good RPG and it plays well on the PC. The first one is awesome, the second has some improvements but its more of an FPS.

I hear Alan Wake is very good. I might buy a 360 to play it later this year. It's a psychological thriller / RPG.

Also, I've been looking forward to RAGE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3w3EAYAywI
It's made by ID software, the same guys who made Doom 3. If it's as deep as Doom 3, it will be a great game. (Doom 3 actually has a creepy story if you pay attention to the videos, emails and memos you pick up on your PDA).

I check out Metacritic before I buy games now. What I like is that both users and professional reviewers can give their opinions on the game. Saved me plenty of money and wasted time.

Last edited:

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Witcher game Alle Gory mentioned:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2773553
its $10 for enchanced edition, directors cut for anyone interested. I think it was $5 too at one point, but @ $10 its definitely worth it.

For Xbox 360 people I'm playing Limbo right now, a XBLA game that won indie game of the year. Its fun to play and watch your friends play it as well.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way, if anyone with PS3 has NBA 2K11, my PS3 name is absinnerthe.

Perry

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just started playing final fantasy XII...its a pretty sweet game. I havent played any of the other final fantasies though, nor do I think I ever will. Although the golden saucer in VII and the card game in VIII are fun as hell.