Video Games anyone?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
Has anyone played Spore yet?
Apparently it sucks. Its watered down from the original concept.

Oh and you can't actually "buy" the game. It's a rental. You can install it 3 times, and 3 times only. Then you need to buy a new copy at $50.00 a pop. This is Electronic Arts' new business strategy.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Apparently it sucks. Its watered down from the original concept.

Oh and you can't actually "buy" the game. It's a rental. You can install it 3 times, and 3 times only. Then you need to buy a new copy at $50.00 a pop. This is Electronic Arts' new business strategy.

Just like what happen to "Project EGO."

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking of being objective, let's actually look at what happened here.
So you need to start asking different questions which are...

Why can't a Nintendo fanboy just keep their fvcking mouth shut if someone thinks a game on the system sucks?

Why do they always have to rush to defend anything about Nintendo?

Start asking those questions in addition to the ones you posed to me and you will be making powerful strides towards objectivity.
Actually, the exact opposite happened in this thread. What came out of nowhere wasn't an opinion of a game, it was you completely abusing all "nintendo fan lemmings" and calling people idiots out of nowhere when people were simply discussing games they liked. THAT was questioned, then your vagina got sand in it at the very possibility you might be a bit retarded, and you paraded around the thread with a wet steak hanging out of your pocket asking people for ID if they dared enter. I couldn't even remember I posted in this thread at ALL, as I read your last post there mentioning me. I walked away after like 2 posts, and you're still an emotional wreck about it what, two weeks onwards? This isn't a videogame forum, nobody cares about your other forum "adventures" that seem to have scarred you emotionally. We aren't those "nintendo fanlemmings" who stepped on you as a kid or ran over your dog. It's time to look in the mirror yourself, please re-read the entire thread. Good god, you're 28 years old as well. That's unfortunate, but not too late.

I beat all the Battalion Wars missions the other day, is the online mode worth going into? I really dislike the new trend in games today where they have no multiplayer split screen or on one console. I picked up Ferrari Challenge recently too and it's got multiplayer but only online, I can't even play someone in the same room.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't know if this was mentioned.. but Half Life 2. Best FPS I have ever played.

MascaraSnake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FPS on the PC, everything else usually console. Aside from partially starting Bioshock (and hating Doom 3) I haven't done it habitually in years.

Best game of all time is Grim Fandango, methinks. Rapid-fire dialogue all the way through.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
I'd like to mention a must-play game for those who have not already heard of it: X-COM. No other game compares to that one! Voted Best Game ever made by several magazines and IGN, its about 14 years old and I'm pretty sure its available for free all across the net. Some good follow ups to XCOM were UFO: Aftermath, Aftershock and Afterlight(I never played it, comp is too slow.
Played them all, And i do mean all, the entire X-Com series and the UFO series.

X-Com 1 and 2 were absolutely amazing. 3 was decent, 4 was a pathetic waste of time, and Enforcer was laughable.

The UFO series didn't have the same effect X-Com did. First off, the story was pretty pathetic, Second, the gameplay was annoying as hell, Thirdly, the atmosphere didn't feel right. I mean, X-com gave me nightmares when i played it and was only like 9, I still recall one time when my squad quite literally walked into a room, and there was a goddamn dinosaur with rocket launchers on it's shoulders. SMILING AT ME. That was freaky as hell!

Only the third, Afterlight was decent enough to warrent a play till the end, but the difficulty is so ridiculous and tech tree pretty mundane. I still have them, never play them.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After reading this topic the first time, I installed some old games that I was addicted to in the past, like Midtown Madness, Age of Empires II, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, and Starcraft. Nothing beats a good RTS game, Age of Empires is just a game that I will never grow old of. Now I'm thinking about getting Age of Empires III and Star Wars Empire At War. I absolutely loved the games Microsoft offered on the PC. People don't realize how revolutionary and influential Microsoft has had in the PC game world. Midtown Madness is a very prime example. The same development team that did it is the one responsible for the Grand Theft Auto series, and those that played both know that there are obvious similarities. I can't think of a racing game prior to Midtown Madness where you were able to freely drive around a down to earth simulation of a metropolis such as Chicago instead of race in different tracks that have a set design. And it seems Starcraft is the much more popular game but I always thought Age of Empires II was better. At the time it was the most crisp, detailed, and flawless RTS game out there IMO. There are also aspiring pilots that use Flight Simulator as a serious training method.

Yes I do realize that Microsoft is mostly not directly responsible for these games as they hand those responsibilities to other companies, but it seems that almost any project they produce for turns out to be a very quality or even innovative game.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't like Xcom 2 as much... lots of cool weapons and some new cool technologies but too hard, waaaay hard, especially the ****ed up tech tree (that pissed me off more than anything).

I agree about the Tech Tree, there was actually a bug that could F up your entire game if you didn't get a specific tech soon enough. But the difficulty depends on your strategy, TBH, it wasn't that difficult for me unless i put it on insane difficulty.

Thats strange that you say #4 sucked because I thought it was the most enjoyable in the series... I'm a big flight sim fan and I thought the mix of strategy and sim was awesome.

I liked that idea too, but the flight part was just so damn annoying, I mean seriously its so frustrating and annoying as hell when you're dogfighting and every 2 seconds your wingmate screams "Hello! I could use some help here!" and you fire every missile you have at a target, and they ALL miss! WTF HAPPENED TO HOMING? It was just too frustrating to enjoy for me.

Not to say i don't play Flight Sims, like my prior post said, i'm an evil pilot in BF:DC. I used to hover blackhawks/apaches/littlebirds underneath bridges for ambushes :p

. #3 for me was also really cool, especially the grenades that followed your team around and how you could totally demolish any buildings in the game.

Yeah that was cool, it just didn't have the same feel as the original 2. Those are my favorites because the mix of strategy, RPG elements, and having to really hone your tactics cuz 1 shot usually kills you.

I actually still remember my favorite tactic i used, get a guy on top of the downed UFO, then drop like 15 grenades primed so they explode in 2-3 waves, Completely shreds the ship and anything inside :D

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
..Freespace,..
Freespace 2 obliterates Freespace 1.

In fact, just about the only game i'm anticipating with any real intention of playing is a Mod of Freespace 2 i found.

Beyond the Red LIne. A BSG mod of Freespace 2.

There's a Demo out and it's unreal :rockon:

other then that... meh, games aren't a part of my life anymore.

the d-rock

Don Juan
Reaction score
mass effect, rainbow six and command and conquer are awesome. I cant wait for the next fable too.

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Grow up and post on your real name and stop being a goddamned typical cowardly Nintendo fanb!tch that got butthurt and is now looking to try and make it seem like you have extra supporters out there Mr. three posts.

lmaoooooooooooooooooo!!!!! what a sad, pathetic little mothafuka!! kontrollerX is like the biggest chode on this site

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting debate about the wii compared to other consoles.

I'm not a fanboy of any company. I owned a playstations, nintendo 64, sega and currently an xbox 360 because in my opinion it has the best games and games is what it's all about.

The Wii can't match the xbox 360 and PS3 for games so it took a different route and marketed itself as being a fun machine for new gamers and created a few new controllers etc for it.

It was a gamble by nintendo and it payed off big time. However, I believe the Wii's success is mainly down to clever marketing and people who buy the Wii don't have a clue about consoles.

I bet if you could see the amount of hours xbox360 owners spend on their xbox360's it would be far greater then people playing their wii's. Wii reminds me of a board game. It looks good and fun and alot of people might buy it but in alot of cases it's not used and gathering dust in many houses.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
Wii reminds me of a board game. It looks good and fun and alot of people might buy it but in alot of cases it's not used and gathering dust in many houses.
It is fun, but its more of a novelty.

I'll probably get one eventually. Its great to play with friends.. yeah just like a board game.

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping bombs on AFC strongholds in the city that
HolyG said:
lmaoooooooooooooooooo!!!!! what a sad, pathetic little mothafuka!! kontrollerX is like the biggest chode on this site
HolyG ----> Who the hell are you to talk?!?! :trouble:

KontrollerX is probably the most respected member on this entire fourm!

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've been an avid gamer until college.

played all the blizzard games
starcraft, warcraft 1,2,3, WoW, D1,d2
command and conquer whole buntch
cs
ragnarok
360,wii,ps3
scrabble,taboo,monopoly
been playing alot of 360 lately

waiting for sc2 and d3.

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to play mad World of Warcraft back in my afc days.. actually one of my buddies at college is a pretty big pimp yet manages to play a lot of wow.. it's pretty cool.

Video games don't really do it for me anymore though. Except smash brothers... for some reason I'm turned off by every video game I play except SSB. There's something about it thats just so fun.. dunno, maybe its the cartoony violence. love playin jigglypuff

Ganondorf

Banned
Reaction score
Rebound Material said:
ive had a wii since it came out but havent actually bought a game until about a month ago...im currently playing Smash Bros Brawl...anyone want to go at it?!

Give me your friend code

I challenge you lol, i main Kirby