Valentine's day

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone doing anything for their gfriend or special plate? If so, what are you doing or what do you suggest?

LMFAO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have 4 plates at the moment (banged all of them). One of them said we should do something on valentine's day, another mentioned asked me if I celebrated it I said I don't care about it too much, the others haven't mentioned anything yet. It is on Saturday. May go out with one of them, though the rest may phone up while I'm banging her to check what I'm up to. :nono:

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sylvester the cat said:
Anyone doing anything for their gfriend or special plate? If so, what are you doing or what do you suggest?
I usually don't do anything too fancy - decent dinner, bring her home with some wine and have a good night :up:

I do get my girlfriend gifts though. A bracelet or a ring ($75 - $150), flowers/chocolate, and a card. She gets mad if I don't write a freaking essay inside of there :crazy:

Stugots26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Sorry babe, I'll be out of town on business, we'll celebrate when I get back"

Or

"Sorry babe, I made plans to visit family (or friends) out of town, we'll celebrate when I get back"

then go out and get some more plates

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if I'm just flirting with a girl, then I'll get her something small for valentine's like a cupcake or something.

if it's supposed to be a relationship or something then I'll get her something big, like a bouquet of roses and take her out to dinner.

nothing wrong with celebrating a special event.

Zapp Brannigan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I see December through Valentine's Day as a time to take off from pursuing women. Dating a new girl during that time puts awkward strain/pressure on the relationship. You don't know what to get them for either holiday, if you should invite them to Christmas gatherings with family/friends, and the busy nature of this time makes both people very busy.

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zapp Brannigan said:
I see December through Valentine's Day as a time to take off from pursuing women. Dating a new girl during that time puts awkward strain/pressure on the relationship. You don't know what to get them for either holiday, if you should invite them to Christmas gatherings with family/friends, and the busy nature of this time makes both people very busy.
No awkwardness at all - I let new girls know that holidays are for when I'm in a relationship. Meaning: if we're still in the dating phase and a holiday or birthday comes up, they shouldn't expect me to get them anything because we're not BF/GF yet. And, surprisingly, women understand this. You guys have to stop being so afraid of worrying about how a woman will react when you think you'll want to do something that might upset her, like not getting her a gift on those special days of the year. Remember: you HAVE to set up things for her to earn in order for her to invest into the relationship - this being one of those things.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Gonna give her my d!ck in a box for v day.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago my gf is over and we are cooking together and some commercial for vday comes on the radio and I decide to put a qtr in gf so I say "ugh. I don't celebrate vday. It's a dumb holiday made up by florists and candy companies to get them through the winter. If you don't know I love you on the 13th, it's not gonna take a dozen roses and box of chocolates on the 14th for you to figure it out".

I am expecting some negative reaction but she says "yea it's a dumb holiday, I don't see the point in it other than to make single people feel lonely". So I leave it alone, figuring it will come back up eventually... But it hasn't.

So this weekend I said "since Valentine's Day is on a Saturday, let's non-celebrate by having a BBQ in my back yard. We can invite friends with kids that have no sitters and singles with no dates. I'll beat the pool". She loved the idea and we made plans accordingly.

So now the real question - do I get her something??

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i belive valentines is a saturday this year ?

for me this opens all kinds of doors for taking advantage of drunk emotional HB's

i dont like going out much anymore but think im going to make an effort on this night because the chances of getting balls deep will be for once in my favour

Roni_88

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if I have a negative mindset about this day,, but I see it as a commercial scheme for stores and an excuse for all the materialistic women to get expensive gifts and dinners..

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll do something with her that I enjoy as well. Maybe putt-putt or some other activity. No gifts from me. Just going out with her to have fun.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zapp Brannigan said:
Just because you're dating them during this period, dose'nt mean you have to buy them ANYTHING.